Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4938 4939 [4940] 4941 4942 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514312 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #74085 on: April 13, 2015, 05:51:48 pm »

Ever taken a moment to look at you Youtube account posts? And wonder to yourself. Was I high or something when I posted these?
I don't even do drugs or drink so I have NO IDEA what I was doing at the time I made those posts...
Relevant.
How do you people find these relevant xkcd comics.
I like sitting there and hitting the Random button over and over in hopes of finding one I've never seen before.

This one showed up twice in the past week.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74086 on: April 13, 2015, 06:32:36 pm »

Ever taken a moment to look at you Youtube account posts? And wonder to yourself. Was I high or something when I posted these?
I don't even do drugs or drink so I have NO IDEA what I was doing at the time I made those posts...
Relevant.
How do you people find these relevant xkcd comics.
I've read all of them. Then when I want to find any given one I just type in "xkcd *insert relevant words here*" into the google search and pull it out right there. For example to find that last one I just typed in "xkcd python" and there it was.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #74087 on: April 13, 2015, 06:35:05 pm »

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #74088 on: April 13, 2015, 06:48:35 pm »

I wonder when the XKCD red spiders will return. Probably mysteriously and at an unexpected time.

My WTF is that there are sodas made with Stevia instead of sugar, which are advertised as "free of calories and artificial sweeteners". Well, Stevia is almost certainly one of those things if not the other (how do you make something calorie free anyways?), and they taste like awful-ass hell (feel free to move the hyphen). They call it "Zevia Zero Calorie Soda".
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #74089 on: April 13, 2015, 06:49:39 pm »

I wonder when the XKCD red spiders will return. Probably mysteriously and at an unexpected time.
Any colored comic with the color red in it secretly has the red thing not be painted or naturally like that, but covered with red spiders. :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74090 on: April 13, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »

My WTF is that there are sodas made with Stevia instead of sugar, which are advertised as "free of calories and artificial sweeteners". Well, Stevia is almost certainly one of those things if not the other (how do you make something calorie free anyways?), and they taste like awful-ass hell (feel free to move the hyphen). They call it "Zevia Zero Calorie Soda".

Stevia's an extract from the "stevia rebaudiana" plant.  I'm certainly no expert, but I think that counts as a natural substance.  The taste is arguable - my mother always makes zucchini brownies when I visit, using some brand of stevia, and they taste strange yet good.  It's very distinct from sugar but can serve a similar role.

And the red spiders are right behind above you us.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74091 on: April 13, 2015, 07:24:47 pm »

I think this belongs here mostly due to my usual stance on advertisement.

I've been thinking of placing maybe an ad on my material helper. I don't like ads at all, but... I figure most people who use it are using adblock anyway, so it probably can't hurt. But I'm very on the fence about it.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74092 on: April 13, 2015, 07:39:56 pm »

If there's no way to save it to our computer and expect it to work flawlessly, then I suppose it is best to keep the server running, eh?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74093 on: April 13, 2015, 07:42:42 pm »

You can save it and it runs on a free github site, so neither of those excuses work, heh.

I'm also unemployed, so I'm slightly desperate for at least one income stream.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74094 on: April 13, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »

Fair enough. A service to the community is worth service to oneself, afterall.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #74095 on: April 13, 2015, 07:48:43 pm »

To be honest the amount of income you are going to generate with something that niche is usually fairly negligible. Like even assuming it was used by every single modder out there you are probably looking at only a couple of dollars a month, maximum. You might be able to pull in more just by putting up a "help support the material helper!" donation link on the page (especially considering that DF is already a fairly heavy "donate if you like it" community).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #74096 on: April 13, 2015, 07:53:26 pm »

Eh, yeah, donation link should be fine. Somehow forgot about that. Advertisements always make me feel icky. Hell, donation'll make me feel icky, probably, unless I give a chunk of it to Toady however often.

I have analytics going on the site. The site's been up for a week and has 201 views, of which only 19 are me and 68 are not from the forums or spam. Of course, the people not from Bay 12 spend an average of 6 seconds there, so whatever.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #74097 on: April 13, 2015, 07:56:15 pm »

One interesting note on the material helper; if you input a ridiculously small value for the bulk modulus, like 1, the graph will display the bar being squished through itself into a rod that then extends off into infinity.
I make Spellcrafts!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74098 on: April 13, 2015, 09:56:19 pm »

It is honestly so weird to see the Redesigns for Mortal Kombat X for all the female kombatants.

But honestly? It was kind of desperately needed. DEAR GOODNESS were the female models for MK9 dreadful.

Even if I hate how the new Tanya looks... but don't worry Tanya I still love you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74099 on: April 13, 2015, 10:28:28 pm »

So apparently if I write English from bottom to top, it looks nicer than my normal English writing.
That is some weird shit, mate.
Try writing from right to left.
I might have to try both of these. My handwriting is pretty bad unless I spend an impractically long time on it.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4938 4939 [4940] 4941 4942 ... 11037