Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4930 4931 [4932] 4933 4934 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14494581 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73965 on: April 12, 2015, 02:40:48 pm »

I read somewhere that over the last 20 odd years temp. has remained fairly constant.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73966 on: April 12, 2015, 02:48:05 pm »

Sceptisicm is an activity a bit more involved than that.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #73967 on: April 12, 2015, 02:59:03 pm »

I read somewhere that over the last 20 odd years temp. has remained fairly constant.

I read somewhere that Russia banned memes. I read somewhere that eating the irish would be a really good way to solve a social stratification crisis. I read somewhere that Shai'Tan is dead. I read somewhere that Shai'Tan can never die. I read somewhere that icing is really easy to make. I read somewhere that I should die in fire. I read somewhere that everyone deserves to be loved. I read somewhere that all I care about is fucking eels. I read somewhere that intelligent life outside our planet will be discovered in 20 years. I read somewhere that God didn't create aliens, and that we are the only life in the universe.

I read somewhere that people are crazy.

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73968 on: April 12, 2015, 03:09:49 pm »

I read somewhere that Tibetan monks trolled Chinese emperors by giving them liquid mercury and saying that it's a potion of immortality.
._.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73969 on: April 12, 2015, 03:10:53 pm »

I read somewhere that Tibetan monks trolled Chinese emperors by giving them liquid mercury and saying that it's a potion of immortality.

This one might have actually worked.

But only once.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73970 on: April 12, 2015, 03:13:18 pm »

Aww c'mon guys, just because he didn't give any sources whatsoever to go with his claim doesn't mean he's wrong!
Why, I once caught a fish this big, and you wouldn't disbelieve me, would you?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73971 on: April 12, 2015, 03:15:21 pm »

I read somewhere that a Katana wielded by an ordinary person can cut a tank in half with minimal effort.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73972 on: April 12, 2015, 03:15:45 pm »

It is a little more involved, yeah. The temperature on average should be rising, but these things have plateaus and regressions intermittently, and that's all to be expected. Popular society just tells us this is entirely humanity's doing and unnatural: and part of it is, and we can do something about that and it doesnt need to be the end of modern civilization or industry as we know it to accomplish that goal. However, many people seem to prescribe shutting down everything and killing off the majority of the population and our food stocks, bulldozing our homes and forbidding any form of industry or craft because a man in Brazil is coughing. Which is quite frankly insane. It wouldn't stop climate change; the climate will still change, even if we're removed from the equation, but the rate and overall outcome would be different.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 03:17:38 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73973 on: April 12, 2015, 03:22:41 pm »

I read somewhere that a Katana wielded by an ordinary person can cut a tank in half with minimal effort.
Please redirect whoever wrote that to Katanas are Underpowered in d20 and slap them in the face.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73974 on: April 12, 2015, 03:24:38 pm »

Please redirect whoever wrote that to Katanas are Underpowered in d20 and slap them in the face.
What if that's where I read it? :P
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #73975 on: April 12, 2015, 03:29:15 pm »

It is a little more involved, yeah. The temperature on average should be rising, but these things have plateaus and regressions intermittently, and that's all to be expected. Popular society just tells us this is entirely humanity's doing and unnatural: and part of it is, and we can do something about that and it doesnt need to be the end of modern civilization or industry as we know it to accomplish that goal. However, many people seem to prescribe shutting down everything and killing off the majority of the population and our food stocks, bulldozing our homes and forbidding any form of industry or craft because a man in Brazil is coughing. Which is quite frankly insane. It wouldn't stop climate change; the climate will still change, even if we're removed from the equation, but the rate and overall outcome would be different.
Oh, thanks. Someone here isn't a sarcastic git.

Temperature did change prior to this twenty year period, then it plateaud as you would say. I have always wondered just how much climate change is down to humanity. We produce carbon dioxide, sure, but how does it compare to the output from volcanos and other nonhuman organisms?

The climate is changing. But is it humans? Is it a cycle? England used to produce wine in medieval times... would they, if they knew what causes climate change, attribute it to the amount of horses they were breeding? Their wood and dung fires?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #73976 on: April 12, 2015, 03:39:20 pm »

« Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 12:34:05 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73977 on: April 12, 2015, 03:39:43 pm »

Oh, thanks. Someone here isn't a sarcastic git.

Temperature did change prior to this twenty year period, then it plateaud as you would say. I have always wondered just how much climate change is down to humanity. We produce carbon dioxide, sure, but how does it compare to the output from volcanos and other nonhuman organisms?

The climate is changing. But is it humans? Is it a cycle? England used to produce wine in medieval times... would they, if they knew what causes climate change, attribute it to the amount of horses they were breeding? Their wood and dung fires?
It's most likely the Sun and its cycles that cause the most effect on Earth's temperature.
._.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73978 on: April 12, 2015, 03:43:26 pm »

...because a man in Brazil is coughing
Global warming is linked to diseases and Madagascar? :P
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73979 on: April 12, 2015, 03:45:33 pm »

Yes, the guy describing one side as advising "shutting down everything and killing off the majority of the population and our food stocks, bulldozing our homes and forbidding any form of industry or craft because a man in Brazil is coughing" is only other reasonable person here.

Being reasonable and not being a sarcastic git are completely unrelated. Also, he didn't say all people who believe climate change is a problem say that.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.
Pages: 1 ... 4930 4931 [4932] 4933 4934 ... 11037