Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4927 4928 [4929] 4930 4931 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493952 times)

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73920 on: April 11, 2015, 11:47:28 pm »

It's all unnecessary, at least this is openly unnecessary
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73921 on: April 11, 2015, 11:53:48 pm »

... I don't know about you folks, but cast-iron babykicker looks a lot more interesting and impressive to me than uniformed stag-party does. Could do without the dong, but it's pretty neat looking.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #73922 on: April 12, 2015, 12:13:30 am »

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Huh. I guess they finally went back to their old idea for riding babby monsters back when they were brainstorming for MH1.
It's FEF, not FEOF

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73923 on: April 12, 2015, 12:50:18 am »

... I don't know about you folks, but cast-iron babykicker looks a lot more interesting and impressive to me than uniformed stag-party does. Could do without the dong, but it's pretty neat looking.

Cast-iron Baby Kicker sounds like a heavy metal band. Or a villain. Maybe even a cheesy B movie.

"After a freak accident in a top secret eugenics facility, the Earth has been overrun by massive swarms of Iron Infants. The only hope for our world lies with only one man; enter The Cast-Iron Baby Kicker!"

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73924 on: April 12, 2015, 12:54:56 am »

What's wrong with the dong? They're not exactly unusual.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #73925 on: April 12, 2015, 01:03:46 am »

Today I taught my roommate how to clear the browsing history on her tablet so that certain sites don't show up the new tab 'frequently visited' section. I also walked her through using incognito browsing so she doesn't need to go through the hassle of deleting her browsing history repeated.

She's seven years older than I am and married, both factors that added to WTF of the situation. Fourth most uncomfortable bit of tech support I've ever done.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73926 on: April 12, 2015, 01:08:25 am »

heh
HEH
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #73927 on: April 12, 2015, 01:32:51 am »

It needs to be larger. And maybe erect.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73928 on: April 12, 2015, 01:41:19 am »

Also double as a fountain.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73929 on: April 12, 2015, 02:25:34 am »

Also double as a fountain.
Well, yeah, but Frumple wanted to get rid of it entirely.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73930 on: April 12, 2015, 03:39:29 am »

Nono, the dong only makes it better. It could probably do with more dong, to be honest.

Also from that link posted somewhere above:
Flailing around in roller-skates, an oversized Bambi costume, and her own urine,
Why would anyone think this was a good way to describe their performance? Also in the preview thing I'm pretty sure she expels a plastic bambi toy from her vagina at one point.
Art?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73931 on: April 12, 2015, 03:44:41 am »

It popularized clickbait articles and is one of the two legendary Browser Narcotics, alongside TVTropes.

I agree clickbaity titles are awful, but beyond that, I've learned quite a bit from it. And have had a lot of good laughs, so I'd say the good far outweighs the bad.

A lot of their 'facts' tend to include some combination of 'no context', 'lie by omission', 'misrepresentation', and 'wrong'. But spawning clickbait and perpetuating list-based "articles" alone is enough for them to burn, never mind that most of their good writers are gone or bad now.

I won't deny they are far from perfect. But look at an article like this:
http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-smartest-things-humanity-has-done-recently/
And tell me that's not a worthy read.

And maybe if it wasn't list-based I wouldn't feel obliged to not give them a single view more.  :P

Eh, as long as it's not 1 item/page, I can live with it. True, artificially upping views like this is a bit annoying, but I'll can live with that in exchange for loads of free content.

Note though, that I'm the kind of person that can click away an article that isn't as interesting as hoped without the 'must complete it once I started it' feeling. So I don't have to deal with the sub-par content because I either don't click it, or abandon ship when something doesn't pan out.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73932 on: April 12, 2015, 03:56:59 am »

Also from that link posted somewhere above:
Flailing around in roller-skates, an oversized Bambi costume, and her own urine,
Why would anyone think this was a good way to describe their performance? Also in the preview thing I'm pretty sure she expels a plastic bambi toy from her vagina at one point.
Art?
I did say, didn't I? Postmodernists are in league with newfangled, fell gods to whom they sacrifice relics and hapless art students every day. Moses leaves for 20 minutes and by the time he comes down mankind is already worshiping a cow. I'm beginning to think many people have weird values of worth.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #73933 on: April 12, 2015, 05:06:08 am »

Do show me policies which make the party inherently racist.
Whispering Ninja. Sorry, I slipped aaaaaaand hit...post  :P
Is this enough?

UKIP is the same sort of deal as a lot of these far-right anti-immigration parties. "We hate those goddamn immigrants, they should all go back to their huts and desert tents to speak their dirka dirka jabber and stop taking benefits away from good white Europeans... but we're not racist! Oh, and fuck the Jews too, but we're still not racist!"

If it speaks indiscretely in interviews like a racist,  constantly expels members for being too overtly racist, and pushes for anti-immigration policies with thinly veiled racist language, it's probably a racist party trying to pretend that it's just an anti-immigration party.
So... no, you couldn't find a racist policy. Bar the migrant children not having automatic access to state funded schools thing, which in itself isn't racist. I would suppose that it means there is some criteria they would need to fill in, but it would take too long to look up on my phone. Feel free to do so yourself.

The rest speaks for itself. The hilariously named "left foot forward" obviously went in for the kill. But anyway yea. It's full of "such and such was suspended/expelled for..."obviously the work of a racist party to punish racist comments. UKIP steals votes from a lot of parties, so it stands to reason thers are many looking to scrutinise it. Let's look, shall we, at the inane comments other politicians have tweeted? Now let us judge the entire party by a social media comment. Heh.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #73934 on: April 12, 2015, 05:14:29 am »

I'm beginning to think many people have weird values of worth.
I think, at least in regards to art, that most people don't have values of worth. They just go with whatever is popular and not terribly offensive to their own views.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 4927 4928 [4929] 4930 4931 ... 11037