Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4926 4927 [4928] 4929 4930 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14493267 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73905 on: April 11, 2015, 07:32:45 pm »

Do show me policies which make the party inherently racist.
Whispering Ninja. Sorry, I slipped aaaaaaand hit...post  :P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73906 on: April 11, 2015, 07:39:50 pm »

NEIN, MERKEL SHOGGOTH WILL FEDERALIZE YOUR DREAMS FOR THIS TRANSGRESSION
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73907 on: April 11, 2015, 07:50:05 pm »

what the fuck
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73908 on: April 11, 2015, 07:52:08 pm »

The merkeli-li is real, obj. You could even say it's an objective existence.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73909 on: April 11, 2015, 07:54:27 pm »

objective
xaxaxaxaxaxaxaxa

But yeah. Your country's even more buggered than ours.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73910 on: April 11, 2015, 08:00:12 pm »

The merkeli-li is real, obj. You could even say it's an objective existence.
Juncker f'tagn

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73911 on: April 11, 2015, 09:59:10 pm »

Do show me policies which make the party inherently racist.
Whispering Ninja. Sorry, I slipped aaaaaaand hit...post  :P
Is (these) this (are) enough (separate)?

UKIP is the same sort of deal as a lot of these far-right anti-immigration parties. "We hate those goddamn immigrants, they should all go back to their huts and desert tents to speak their dirka dirka jabber and stop taking benefits away from good white Europeans... but we're not racist! Oh, and fuck the Jews too, but we're still not racist!"

If it speaks indiscretely in interviews like a racist,  constantly expels members for being too overtly racist, and pushes for anti-immigration policies with thinly veiled racist language, it's probably a racist party trying to pretend that it's just an anti-immigration party.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2015, 09:45:03 am by Flying Dice »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73912 on: April 11, 2015, 10:02:22 pm »

"If it looks like a duck, and it quacks like a duck, then it's probably a racist."
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73913 on: April 11, 2015, 10:04:45 pm »

Oi, don't disparage Daffy like that. Just because he hates Bugs with a burning passion and keeps trying to get fat white men to shoot him doesn't mean he's bigoted.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #73914 on: April 11, 2015, 10:49:39 pm »

Russia banned memes

This further validates my belief that the whole communism vs. capitalism thing in the cold war was pure bullshit invented by corporations. Russia hasn't been communist for nearly a quarter of a century and it's still a shithole
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #73915 on: April 11, 2015, 10:55:23 pm »

You can say what you want about Russia, but at least they're not UKIP :P

And the UKIP in turn at least isn't the British Nazi Party
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73916 on: April 11, 2015, 10:56:22 pm »

Russia banned memes

This further validates my belief that the whole communism vs. capitalism thing in the cold war was pure bullshit invented by corporations. Russia hasn't been communist for nearly a quarter of a century and it's still a shithole

Once again that article is "fake" click bait.

Where all that happened was one guy sued another... it didn't even succeed.

It would be like saying America Bans Super Heroes because they sued Cryptic.

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73917 on: April 11, 2015, 11:23:37 pm »

Merkelelel is best waifu muh yuropzone

Right, I'm done shitposting about Yurop. Take it to Europol thread if a srs biz debate is to take place. `Time for some fuck the what:
Queen Mary University knows how to put the ‘fresh’ into freshers. As part of a welcome to new Drama students, their lecturer screened a graphic video of her (ahem) vagina, an act described by the show’s creator Lauren Barri-Holstein as “feminist performance art concerned with the female body.” Students who stayed through the entire show were given examples of their lecturer inserting a knife handle into her vagina and throwing tomatoes at the blade. There was a birth sequence that involved a plastic Bambi figurine and a condom blowing out of her vagina – all to a background of Happy by Leona Lewis and Poison by Nicole Scherzinger.
Perhaps its a product of the internet warping my psyche that my only reaction now is 'lol,' a bemused, but entirely laughless amusement.

But by god this web format is eye bleeding. Sfw, just weird.

i don't get modern art half of it is overpriced paint splatters and the other half is random weird sculptures. sometimes i think everyone just pretends its profound and meaningful to look sophisticated to the other people pretending to be sophisticated. then we end up with things like this everywhere which somehow sounded good at the time and also count as WTFs:
and this:

i much prefer the things that actually are impressive took work and look good. like this picture drawn with number two pencils that won artprize in my city awhile ago.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73918 on: April 11, 2015, 11:31:50 pm »

Merkelelel is best waifu muh yuropzone

Right, I'm done shitposting about Yurop. Take it to Europol thread if a srs biz debate is to take place. `Time for some fuck the what:
Queen Mary University knows how to put the ‘fresh’ into freshers. As part of a welcome to new Drama students, their lecturer screened a graphic video of her (ahem) vagina, an act described by the show’s creator Lauren Barri-Holstein as “feminist performance art concerned with the female body.” Students who stayed through the entire show were given examples of their lecturer inserting a knife handle into her vagina and throwing tomatoes at the blade. There was a birth sequence that involved a plastic Bambi figurine and a condom blowing out of her vagina – all to a background of Happy by Leona Lewis and Poison by Nicole Scherzinger.
Perhaps its a product of the internet warping my psyche that my only reaction now is 'lol,' a bemused, but entirely laughless amusement.

But by god this web format is eye bleeding. Sfw, just weird.

i don't get modern art half of it is overpriced paint splatters and the other half is random weird sculptures. sometimes i think everyone just pretends its profound and meaningful to look sophisticated to the other people pretending to be sophisticated. then we end up with things like this everywhere which somehow sounded good at the time and also count as WTFs:
and this:

i much prefer the things that actually are impressive took work and look good. like this picture drawn with number two pencils that won artprize in my city awhile ago.
616 represent, yo.

If I may offer my wholly unprofessional, uneducated opinion the biggest problem with modern art compared with older work is that modern artists seem to really struggle to make work that is both meaningful and aesthetically enjoyable at the same time. If you want to put any kind of social/philosophical/political/historical meaning into art, it's gotta be clumsy and distracting. If you want to make something that looks neat, it's gotta be wholly abstract and devoid of cultural attachment or context.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #73919 on: April 11, 2015, 11:41:33 pm »

Honestly, I think when you hear about "blank canvas sold for a million dollars" what's really going on is rich people wanting to own something no one else has, in an era where most things are plentiful.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 4926 4927 [4928] 4929 4930 ... 11037