Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4921 4922 [4923] 4924 4925 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492465 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73830 on: April 10, 2015, 11:52:49 pm »

fun fact: god being hella jealous is literally canon:

http://biblehub.com/exodus/34-14.htm

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73831 on: April 10, 2015, 11:54:35 pm »

Yeah, I know. I spend more time citing all the "God hates you" verses in the religion thread than the people who aren't Christian.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73832 on: April 10, 2015, 11:55:47 pm »

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73833 on: April 11, 2015, 12:05:40 am »

I think you're missing the point a little.
Nah. I got it. The book is poorly written and you, or people you know, consider being gay a detriment(a negative or some blah).
I had nothing of interest to add to the points you were actually making. I decided to be mildly humorous instead on a subject that I know a bit about and is of at least some mutual interest to us.

Yeah, I know. I spend more time citing all the "God hates you" verses in the religion thread than the people who aren't Christian.
I respect you for that. You worship a being beyond what we can understand of reality and accept that it hates almost everything that we as humans have a predilection for.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #73834 on: April 11, 2015, 12:20:17 am »

I've talked to my family about how both God and Jesus have shown some of the seven fatal sins, Jesus showed anger when he found that fruit tree that wasn't in season so he cursed it with death, God shows greed and jealousy (perhaps pride) because he hates anybody else worshiping people other than him not to mention the fact that he condemns people for being gay and black (pretty sure, I haven't read it in a while).
Though I am fine with people beings followers of christianity in spirit, and in fact believe that christianity fully deserves to exist and thrive for the people it has helped.

I am not, however, condoning how horrifying some of the people who follow the rules of christianity can be.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #73835 on: April 11, 2015, 12:26:05 am »

I've talked to my family about how both God and Jesus have shown some of the seven fatal sins, Jesus showed anger when he found that fruit tree that wasn't in season so he cursed it with death, God shows greed and jealousy (perhaps pride) because he hates anybody else worshiping people other than him not to mention the fact that he condemns people for being gay and black (pretty sure, I haven't read it in a while).
Though I am fine with people beings followers of christianity in spirit, and in fact believe that christianity fully deserves to exist and thrive for the people it has helped.

I am not, however, condoning how horrifying some of the people who follow the rules of christianity can be.
There were also some kinda noncanon scenes where a kid accidentally bumped into Jesus on the street when Jesus was a kid, so he got killed with his god powers.
Forgive me, I'm about to cite Cracked of all places.
http://www.cracked.com/article_18948_5-real-deleted-bible-scenes-in-which-jesus-kicks-some-ass.html
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73836 on: April 11, 2015, 12:27:23 am »

Well, and the part where it says to kill non-believers.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #73837 on: April 11, 2015, 12:28:17 am »

Why does everyone dislike cracked so much?
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73838 on: April 11, 2015, 12:28:51 am »

They invented clickbait.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73839 on: April 11, 2015, 12:31:24 am »

I love discussing religion.  But in case it wasn't clear, there's a perfectly good religion thread: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=147792.0

Here's a WTF:  I've probably watched this video 20 times:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzZoI3hqFl8&feature=related
And this much shorter one, 50:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfzQNx4T-cQ

For all the stats Youtube collects, I wish it would reveal that.  Instead of just recommending the overwatched videos to me.  Yes I realize I have a problem, Youtube, stop enabling me!

(Like, that second video is literally what got me up some mornings.  I live on memes and punchy overplayed tunes (and bro))
« Last Edit: April 11, 2015, 12:32:59 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #73840 on: April 11, 2015, 12:36:08 am »

Well, and the part where it says to kill non-believers.
Maybe the pre-translated bits say that but that says to kill the adherents of other gods that try to convert you. You could argue my statement as semantics; my rebuttal is that the difference between being commanded to kill or not is a large difference. In this day and age not worshipping anything at all is a viable alternative, as well as not proselytizing(the curious will come).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #73841 on: April 11, 2015, 01:14:29 am »

I respect you for that. You worship a being beyond what we can understand of reality and accept that it hates almost everything that we as humans have a predilection for.
If I wasn't Christian I'd probably worship Sithrak.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The seven deadly sins are non-canon. The Bible outright contradicts some of them. Anger is pretty obvious, esp. with Jesus chasing folks out of the temple. Lust? The entire book of Song of Songs is basically a very drawn out way of saying "in case it wasn't obvious, sex is cool, so stop being such prudes". Pride is kinda weird - the Bible warns against the "I'm better than you!" style of pride, but in modern language it's partially developed a second meaning of "yay, I was successful at a thing!" which has nothing wrong with it. Envy is also weird, with the whole jealous god thing. There's a couple of provisions (say, you probably should be jealous if your wife is cheating on you) but they tend to be fairly extreme.
Laziness, greed, and gluttony are generally considered accurate, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73842 on: April 11, 2015, 01:35:54 am »

Anger is pretty obvious

Wrath and Anger are similar but separate.

Wrath is vengeful.

There is no sin for being angry.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73843 on: April 11, 2015, 01:52:46 am »

Guys, religion thread. This is looking like one of the more flammable discussions we occasionally steer into.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73844 on: April 11, 2015, 02:00:52 am »

Yeah, let's talk about actual WTF instead.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4921 4922 [4923] 4924 4925 ... 11037