Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4916 4917 [4918] 4919 4920 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488821 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73755 on: April 10, 2015, 02:01:00 am »

Dumbest article ever!

"We have studied television watching and antisocial behavior in over 1000 children, and we find children who watch the most television have a higher chance to have anti-social tendencies"

HMMMM!!! I wonder why...

It can't be that anti-social people tend to like to do more solo activities and television is a good outlet for them.

But naaaaah

Clearly the television is causing anti-social behavior.

And the best part is "Now we aren't saying television causes antisocial behavior, but we are saying that not watching tv cures antisocial behavior"

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73756 on: April 10, 2015, 02:05:18 am »

Buh-wha?
Please provide a link.
Please.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73757 on: April 10, 2015, 02:08:01 am »

First

"Tv causes autism"

http://www.whattoexpect.com/forums/hot-topics-1/archives/is-television-linked-to-autism.html

"TV Linked to anti-social behavior except it isn't, except it totally is"

http://psychcentral.com/news/2013/02/19/can-too-much-tv-in-childhood-cause-adult-antisocial-behavior/51762.html

I was actually trying to see if there was any studies that linked "being a stupid person" with "watching TV" as in if they proved that watching TV dropped your IQ or something.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:17:55 am by Neonivek »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #73758 on: April 10, 2015, 02:22:26 am »

Dumbest article ever!

"We have studied television watching and antisocial behavior in over 1000 children, and we find children who watch the most television have a higher chance to have anti-social tendencies"

HMMMM!!! I wonder why...

It can't be that anti-social people tend to like to do more solo activities and television is a good outlet for them.

But naaaaah

And the best part is "Now we aren't saying television causes antisocial behavior, but we are saying that not watching tv cures antisocial behavior"
The conclusion based out of that kind of reasoning is VERY...vague and skewed -.- bordering ethical problems, really.
Given that TV IS NOT A ROOT CAUSE IF THE RESEARCH TOPIC IS IN REGARDS TO BEHAVIOR. >_>
It is an influence. If it is only/one of the primary/predominating/emphasized influences (ie Spends most of day watching TV and nothing else), THEN the conclusions are plausible.
But not as a general rule.

Neonivek, you could calibrate your...own way of concluding things, there. Tis' a bit silly how you see it, because it misses the idea in-between the lines, and additional contexts. :P

Unless that context doesn't, somehow, exist there.
Also srsly. Articles? -.-

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73759 on: April 10, 2015, 02:27:32 am »

It is more that the article is BASICALLY trying to tell you that Television causes anti-social behavior, without just outright saying it does.

It isn't trying to honestly get across that maybe there is a connection but we don't really know.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 02:33:53 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #73760 on: April 10, 2015, 02:35:04 am »

Code: [Select]
    [IMPACT_YIELD:10000]
    [IMPACT_FRACTURE:10000]
    [IMPACT_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000]
    [COMPRESSIVE_YIELD:10000]
    [COMPRESSIVE_FRACTURE:10000]
    [COMPRESSIVE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:100000] bulk modulus 0.01 GPa
    [TENSILE_YIELD:10000]
    [TENSILE_FRACTURE:10000]
    [TENSILE_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:1000000] young's modulus 0.001 GPa
    [TORSION_YIELD:30000]
    [TORSION_FRACTURE:30000]
    [TORSION_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:5263158]
    [SHEAR_YIELD:30000]
    [SHEAR_FRACTURE:30000]
    [SHEAR_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:5263158] shear modulus 0.00057 GPa
    [BENDING_YIELD:10000]
    [BENDING_FRACTURE:10000]
    [BENDING_STRAIN_AT_YIELD:1000000]

i'm thinking those strain_at_yield values aren't quite correct haha

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #73761 on: April 10, 2015, 05:25:08 am »

Dumbest article ever!

HMMMM!!! I wonder why...

But naaaaah

wait, isn't the media supposed to support televisions?

HERESY
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73762 on: April 10, 2015, 07:15:19 am »

According to this rubric, my literature review should currently give me a mark of over 70%. I have researched one of the three required topics and have half a page of text to show for it. Something here wasn't thought through properly here.

Edit:
"C. zizanioides is resistant to nearly everything, including some commercial herbicides. As a result, it’s a good thing it’s non-invasive; otherwise it would cover the whole planet by now."

Maybe I shouldn't write that.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:21:37 am by Arx »

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73763 on: April 10, 2015, 07:21:41 am »

DM is losing interest in running our campaign. He is frustrated that he can't challenge us, and has not yet written or thought up anything past where we are now. I would recommend he ditch his wizard DMPC so he isn't inclined to screw himself over, and to make better enemy NPCs. He creates his enemies using weak base creatures, low point-buys, and fairly unoptimized builds.

There was one point he got annoyed because the cleric used a single channel and cleared a room of undead with it. The cleric is level twenty. The skeletons were Challenge Rating one.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73764 on: April 10, 2015, 07:36:37 am »

DM is losing interest in running our campaign. He is frustrated that he can't challenge us, and has not yet written or thought up anything past where we are now. I would recommend he ditch his wizard DMPC so he isn't inclined to screw himself over, and to make better enemy NPCs. He creates his enemies using weak base creatures, low point-buys, and fairly unoptimized builds.

There was one point he got annoyed because the cleric used a single channel and cleared a room of undead with it. The cleric is level twenty. The skeletons were Challenge Rating one.

It depends on your party composition really.

Perhaps anything that would challenge you would outright trump you.

Then again you guys are level 20... It is time he starts throwing powerful things at you... Fudge a Golem up and make him a Wizard. Perfect!

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73765 on: April 10, 2015, 07:48:24 am »

He's mostly been throwing demons at us. Actually, almost exclusively demons, aside from three or four encounters. Since the paladin can grant nearby allies his smiting power, it is not particularly difficult to win. Especially between the offensive caster who makes everything disappear without effort, and the fighter who focuses on brutal cleaving strikes.

We have seven characters. Two are DMPCs. We only have two full casters, one of which is the DMPC, and the other focuses on defense, not offense.

He's not that great at encounters, I have to say. Mostly because he misreads or misjudges things. Last campaign I played that he ran, he threw a half-dozen ropers at us. Which deal strength damage. We were too low a level, and just about everyone died.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 07:50:00 am by BlackFlyme »

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73766 on: April 10, 2015, 08:20:25 am »

If I were him, and the party was rofl-stomping everything at this point, easiest thing to do is have the two DMPCs betray the party and become the big bad after some event. Maybe have a fight with a demon that ends with them getting sucked in to some terri-bad plane, getting corrupted, and returning to take over the world riding on the back of an enslaved Tarrasque.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73767 on: April 10, 2015, 08:30:10 am »

If I were him, I would start sending monsters from that list.
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73768 on: April 10, 2015, 08:31:13 am »

The entire party is sooper good guise, and are unlikely to be turned. Even the DMPCs. The only character who isn't good-aligned is still very lawful.

He would save a bit of trouble by killing off his wizard. Have the little rat get his soul stolen or something. That way he isn't dead, and we rescue him at the end of the campaign or something. As if being a level twenty wizard who screws over the DM's own plans isn't enough, that damn wizard has also used permanency to get just about every possible spell on him. Permanent invisible, fly, true-seeing, etc.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73769 on: April 10, 2015, 08:40:48 am »

Have the little rat get his soul stolen or something.
Demilich seems to be a fine choice for doing just that.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/demilich.htm

Though it depends on if DMPC wizard can reliably not make a DC 36 Fortitude roll.
._.
Pages: 1 ... 4916 4917 [4918] 4919 4920 ... 11037