Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4900 4901 [4902] 4903 4904 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481084 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73516 on: April 06, 2015, 12:01:59 pm »

I'd believe it, it's a fairly common expression 'round these parts. At least as often as cheap diners come up in conversation I guess.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73517 on: April 06, 2015, 12:09:17 pm »

Kids were eating some raw mushrooms as they put them in a salad.

Daughter (age 8 ): "This one looks like a hat!"
Son (age 5): "This one looks like a letter T!"
Daughter: "This one looks like a face with no eyes, screaming!"

:o WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF MUSHROOMS ARE THESE??
"This one looks like the dark god Mephistopheles coming to purge the souls of the unworthy, daddy!"

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73518 on: April 06, 2015, 12:12:40 pm »

Your daughter is going to become a great abstract artist, I just know it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73519 on: April 06, 2015, 12:58:49 pm »

My mother and I went back to the house today to grab our dogs. I also grabbed my guitar.

That asshole just phoned saying to bring everything back, and threatened to call the cops for taking our own damn things. Shit, one of the dogs doesn't even belong to any of us. It belongs to my nan, and we are only watching it since she can't anymore, and he's trying to claim it?

He's threatening to "go to war" with us.

E: Now he's trying to extort "dog-sitting" fees from my nan.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:14:45 pm by BlackFlyme »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73520 on: April 06, 2015, 01:32:17 pm »

"dog-sitting" fees?
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73521 on: April 06, 2015, 01:35:20 pm »

My nan can't take care of her dog anymore due to medical conditions and living space concerns, so she gave it to my mom.

Now her ex-boyfriend is trying to get money for the period of time we watched it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73522 on: April 06, 2015, 01:42:31 pm »

So, I finally tracked down some malware that's been dodging me for quite some time. It was hiding in my Adblock Plus Extension.
For reference... is it from the ABP program itself?  Or is it something that piggybacked onto it?  Chrome? Firefox?
Well, I may need to look into it...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73523 on: April 06, 2015, 02:08:47 pm »

My nan can't take care of her dog anymore due to medical conditions and living space concerns, so she gave it to my mom.

Now her ex-boyfriend is trying to get money for the period of time we watched it.

Quite frankly, your dad is the ultimate shitlord, moreso than my own stepdad, even taking into account him trying to block the the gate keeping me from leaving to do laundry - although in this case he may have just been trying to keep people from stealing anything from the yard.

He can't do anything. It's your stuff and calling the cops won't do anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #73524 on: April 06, 2015, 02:10:23 pm »

So, I finally tracked down some malware that's been dodging me for quite some time. It was hiding in my Adblock Plus Extension.
For reference... is it from the ABP program itself?  Or is it something that piggybacked onto it?  Chrome? Firefox?

I just nuked the add-on (in chrome) and reinstalled it. Once I did that all the odd IP calls, ads where no ads should be, and random ping spikes went bye-bye.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73525 on: April 06, 2015, 02:21:35 pm »

No, professor, I'm not challenging your knowledge, I'm not disagreeing with you. Please don't take my question as a challenge or offense. Don't ask us if we have questions and then go all knives out when we do.

Additionally, I propose a theory: The more times the word "Basically" is spoken, the less basic the core material is. Would you believe we can hear fifty or sixty or so basicallies in the span of seventy minutes?
Maybe he subconsciously wants you to write the program that will extract the useful data from his explanations using statistical analysis.
._.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73526 on: April 06, 2015, 02:25:15 pm »

He can't do anything. It's your stuff and calling the cops won't do anything.

Not my dad, but he is an utter asshole.

Apparently he's on his way over to claim back the dogs right now.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73527 on: April 06, 2015, 02:28:09 pm »

Apparently he's on his way over to claim back the dogs right now.

In that case, the irony gods demand that you call the cops to protect the dogs from possible abuse.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73528 on: April 06, 2015, 02:36:57 pm »

I just nuked the add-on (in chrome) and reinstalled it. Once I did that all the odd IP calls, ads where no ads should be, and random ping spikes went bye-bye.
Maybe go for Adblock, not the plus version. Plus was already skeevy before, after all.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #73529 on: April 06, 2015, 02:47:33 pm »

Wasn't the addon itself, I don't think. It was something I'd picked up elsewhere and couldn't manage to root out.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 4900 4901 [4902] 4903 4904 ... 11037