Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4896 4897 [4898] 4899 4900 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479503 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73455 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:41 am »

Why would you wear a shirt with a breast pocket?
They're actually rather useful in a lot of situations. If you're working with something that makes it awkward to get to pants pockets (something that happens quite often in a lot of construction or mechanical work, just as examples), breast ones are golden. You can rarely go wrong with more pockets in more places.

Also pens are good for writing on things. That's why you need them in the 21st. We still have to write on things in a lot of situations, and it's good to be able to do so on the fly.

Also good for poking holes in things if you don't have a knife or keys on hand. Pens are useful lil'things.

As for the hat thing... not everyone is suited for a hat. And a lot people wear hats that really aren't suited to them. Plus there's logistic issues involved -- when to have it on or off, dealing with the mess they make of your hair, etc. They're as much of an issue as any other image-based potential faux-pas is.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73456 on: April 05, 2015, 11:31:50 am »

You can always get a fedora...it's like a pocket protector for your virginity.
I will never understand how a hat is lessening to your social status and/or person.
It doesn't make you a worse person, but it lowers your social status simply because it's unfashionable. A lot of neckbeard-fedora-lereddit types think they have a solid grasp of "fashion", oblivious to the idea that society at large does not consider noir detective outfits worn over pony T-shirts attractive.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73457 on: April 05, 2015, 11:45:57 am »

Why would you wear a shirt with a breast pocket?
They're actually rather useful in a lot of situations. If you're working with something that makes it awkward to get to pants pockets (something that happens quite often in a lot of construction or mechanical work, just as examples), breast ones are golden. You can rarely go wrong with more pockets in more places.

Also pens are good for writing on things. That's why you need them in the 21st. We still have to write on things in a lot of situations, and it's good to be able to do so on the fly.

Also good for poking holes in things if you don't have a knife or keys on hand. Pens are useful lil'things.
All of this. It's gotten to the point that I can't even wear shirts without breast pockets to work anymore. They're easily accessible and usually the perfect depth to hold a pen (which I use every single day) or the clip-on shades for my glasses (prescription) without worrying about accidentally crushing them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73458 on: April 05, 2015, 11:54:35 am »

My favorite shirts have breast pockets.  I feel like they say "professional geek", emphasis on professional, and they're great for holding micro notepads and pens.  Never seen a pocket protector though.

Sticking my phone in there when I play Ingress is probably going too far (it barely fits).  Same with sunglasses, they fit but make it noticeably bulge, and even I can tell that's unsightly.  The answer: cargo pants, the greatest fashion invention of our time.  Pockets have so much potential for making fashion statements.  Like, running a USB cable from the charging block in one pocket to the phone in another.  Universal symbol for "I wish I were a cyborg, or at least a decker".

Edit: Though to be honest, most of my shirts are ancient t-shirts with sentimental value.  My most precious ones literally have holes, I just wear them around the house.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:56:12 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73459 on: April 05, 2015, 11:57:54 am »

Cargo pants are indeed amazing, and they're pretty much all I wear during the colder months. I often carry my 3DS in one the bigger pockets :3

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #73460 on: April 05, 2015, 12:00:02 pm »

Cargo pants are indeed amazing, and they're pretty much all I wear during the colder months. I often carry my 3DS in one the bigger pockets :3

Except in special occasions (namely: industry events, pretty much. And only some of them) it's pretty much my standard pant-set. Both inside and outside Cataclysm-DDA
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73461 on: April 05, 2015, 12:05:01 pm »

I often carry my 3DS in one the bigger pockets :3
Same here. Particularly because it can't fall out or get stolen due to a Velcro flap over the top.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73462 on: April 05, 2015, 12:10:12 pm »

Y'all need to learn the wonders of a good jacket. I can wear mine year-round, don't need a pencil case (and it's impossible to tell that I'm carrying a veritable arsenal of stationery), and have five pockets, two of them pretty much impossible to steal from. Also it's not terribly unfashionable, and easily removed in case of sudden temperature flux unlike, say, cargo pants. Unless you're into that kind of thing, and everyone around you is too.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #73463 on: April 05, 2015, 12:11:35 pm »

My work uniform has two breast pockets. I always stuff both of them full each morning with the same default set of pens, notepads, reusable cup sleeves, etc. If I had a pocket protector, the assortment of "pocket stuff" wouldn't make a mess at night when I take them out of my shirt.

Honestly, if ever there was someone who needed a pocket protector, it'd be me; but sadly I can't find any anywhere.

Also, I keep my 3DS in my pants, too, but not in cargo pants. I keep them in the same pocket as my wallet and keys, I don't care that there's an ugly bulge it means that I notice IMMEDIATELY when somebody's trying to pick my pocket, no matter their skill level. Especially since the opening is only JUST wide enough for the 3DS case; I'm sure they'd get their hand stuck.

As for jackets, I have one that I wear when NOT at work that has these pockets:
1) Assorted dice, including 3 d20s, many d6s, 4 d30s, a full set of bronze-color (d4-d20) dice, poker chips, etc
2) A second 3DS case (this one only has my extensive collection of games, no 3DS in it)
3) Money, in paper and coin form.
4) Important paper work
5) Empty (Transfer 3DS to here when wearing coat)
6) I don't remember. I think a Kakuro puzzle book and a couple pencils.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 12:16:35 pm by flabort »
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #73464 on: April 05, 2015, 12:18:25 pm »

1) Assorted dice, including 3 d20s, many d6s, 4 d30s, a full set of bronze-color (d4-d20) dice, poker chips, etc
2) A second 3DS case (this one only has my extensive collection of games, no 3DS in it)
3) Money, in paper and coin form.
4) Important paper work
5) Empty (Transfer 3DS to here when wearing coat)
6) I don't remember. I think a Kakuro puzzle book and a couple pencils.
Where do you people get these awesome jackets with awesome pockets?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73465 on: April 05, 2015, 12:22:31 pm »

It gets too warm around here for jackets at any time of day, so that doesn't work for me.
I do have a couple pairs of cargo shorts at least.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73466 on: April 05, 2015, 12:32:07 pm »

It gets too warm around here for jackets at any time of day, so that doesn't work for me.

When the temperature exceeds about 28°, I just start carrying it around with me. A lot of jackets are surprisingly cool.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73467 on: April 05, 2015, 12:40:10 pm »

When the temperature exceeds about 28°, I just start carrying it around with me. A lot of jackets are surprisingly cool.
Assuming that's Celsius you're talking about. It can easily exceed 38 around here, and even get into the 40s. At that point even carrying a jacket gets uncomfortably warm.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #73468 on: April 05, 2015, 12:43:01 pm »

Yeah, it does that here too. At that point my life is pain whatever I do, so I just carry it anyway because of the convenience factor.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73469 on: April 05, 2015, 01:12:13 pm »

I do have a couple pairs of cargo shorts at least.

Even today? :p

I nearly always wear a light jacket, even when it's slightly warm. That's partially since I'm just so skinny I have zero natural insulation, also because I used to live in the desert, where 30C is a cool temperature most of the year.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.
Pages: 1 ... 4896 4897 [4898] 4899 4900 ... 11037