Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4895 4896 [4897] 4898 4899 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14479383 times)

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73442 on: April 05, 2015, 09:51:21 am »

American atheists are significantly less likely to get married than the general population and atheism is significantly less appealing to women. When you had problems finding a wife, you refused to consider the possibility that you could be the problem and instead blamed it on womankind.

Well, yes...if you don't believe in the religious reasons for marriage, getting married isn't exactly a priority with a healthy relationship.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73443 on: April 05, 2015, 10:01:33 am »

I think these people are of the opinion that marriage is the point of a relationship.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #73445 on: April 05, 2015, 10:23:43 am »

How should I know? I legitimately don't even know what a pocket protector is.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73446 on: April 05, 2015, 10:27:32 am »

How should I know? I legitimately don't even know what a pocket protector is.

I just knew them as "The things sterotypical nerds have."

Be illuminated.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #73447 on: April 05, 2015, 10:27:52 am »

Neither do I. I'm apparently not a very good atheist nerd, despite having never having found a romantic partner
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #73448 on: April 05, 2015, 10:33:27 am »

You can always get a fedora...it's like a pocket protector for your virginity.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #73449 on: April 05, 2015, 10:59:38 am »

Y'know, I've never actually seen a pocket protector. Even among folks that use lots of pens and pencils and whatnot. Folks just stick the doodad they're using in their pocket. Sometimes the shirt pocket, sometimes not. Whatever's handy.

Like. Multiple decades now, good chunks of them spent on college campuses or around stereotypical geek types, and I've never actually seen one of those things in the wild. Bloody hell, I don't think I've even seen one on TV.

Honestly, I don't even know where you'd buy them. I've never noticed one in a store. Could get them online, I suppose.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73450 on: April 05, 2015, 11:11:25 am »

Maybe they were more useful before cheap ballpoint pens flooded the market, dunno.

With all of us running on very low sleep after midnight last night, our DM introduced an artifact which summons time-clones of people.  My character had two clones before we "figured out" what was happening, they attacked each other in fisticuffs and instantly blinked out of existence on contact (I was in control of them all, she's just obsessed with testing herself in battle.  And she's too young for selfcest to be funny, a mere 127).  While the barbearian's clone was smited out of existence for being unworthy (as the clone) to wield his apparently duplicated divine artifact.

I predict we move on from happened, rapidly, next session.  It was fun in a zany way though, and thank Lolth my character got duplicated twice before she started punching herself.  Since that apparently would have vanished her from existence.  Nearly averted danger is the best danger~
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:13:19 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73451 on: April 05, 2015, 11:16:09 am »

Be illuminated.
Why would you keep your pens in a plastic sheath? Why would you keep your pens in your breast pocket? Why would you wear a shirt with a breast pocket? Why do you even need pens in the 21st century? 
It is a terrifying, hitherto undiscovered realm of madness.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #73452 on: April 05, 2015, 11:24:19 am »

I will never understand how a hat is lessening to your social status and/or person.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #73453 on: April 05, 2015, 11:27:18 am »

I will never understand how a hat is lessening to your social status and/or person.
*tips fedora*

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #73454 on: April 05, 2015, 11:29:10 am »

Well, if you wear a stereotypical hat that looks like shit on many people and go around thinking it makes you look like a mysterious, enigmatic gentleman, even though you haven't showered in a week nor shaven your neckbeard, people tend to think about you in a certain way.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 4895 4896 [4897] 4898 4899 ... 11037