Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4879 4880 [4881] 4882 4883 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14468370 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #73200 on: April 01, 2015, 09:16:32 am »

I think it's automated in looking for potential targets but one way you can confirm that it is your actual name is by sending them scans of official documents verifying your identity, so I think that part is actually human.

And yeah, fake last name is probably the way to go in the end :S
I'm moderately sure that there are a couple hundred scans of some poor sods floating around on the Internet, so...

Alternative solution: don't use social networks for anything except private messages.
._.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73201 on: April 01, 2015, 09:30:56 am »

grisha5
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #73202 on: April 01, 2015, 09:36:57 am »

grisha5
I at first thought that was another return of the shock image spammer.
._.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73203 on: April 01, 2015, 09:38:23 am »

On the other hand... POH went round changing some of his thread titles to grisha5. April Fools?
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #73204 on: April 01, 2015, 09:41:10 am »

April's fools day is the best day for any authoritarian power to commit a horrible atrocity; the informational world would be too flooded and self-slided with fools' spam to notice anything.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73205 on: April 01, 2015, 09:42:26 am »

So Facebook is doing something fucked up and I can't understand why. They're basically hunting down people who don't have their actual names/surnames displayed on their profiles and forcing them to either change them or get banned. A friend is very careful about showing her last name online because of rather valid resons and is now forced to either reveal it or lose a bunch of stuff she's in on over FB (by that I mean actual work or pages she's running).

I honestly can't see the logic behind this, because at best you've forced some people to show their real names thus exposing them to all kinds of potential shitty situations or you've driven off people to the competition because they don't want to put up with your shit.

Yeah, my mom got hit by this. Asses.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #73206 on: April 01, 2015, 10:21:19 am »

So Facebook is doing something fucked up and I can't understand why. They're basically hunting down people who don't have their actual names/surnames displayed on their profiles and forcing them to either change them or get banned. A friend is very careful about showing her last name online because of rather valid resons and is now forced to either reveal it or lose a bunch of stuff she's in on over FB (by that I mean actual work or pages she's running).

I honestly can't see the logic behind this, because at best you've forced some people to show their real names thus exposing them to all kinds of potential shitty situations or you've driven off people to the competition because they don't want to put up with your shit.

There's no such rule in Facebook's policy, and a proven hoax about such a policy was circulated as going into effect last year around this same time.

My WTF for the day:

I've been working at this place for two and a half months, recieved only positive feedback, and everyone official I spoke to regularly said things like "this is how you use this machine, but you won't get an access code until you're hired in" or "we have to wait until you're hired in to engrave an ID on your tools (done so that they know the expensive micrometer you're taking home is yours and not theirs), so we're just writing it in marker for now, we'll do it when you get them recalibrated".

Much to my surprise, and to the open confusion of my immediate supervisor and his immediate supervisor, I was let go this morning due to "excessive inefficiency", never mind that most of that inefficiency is because I kept having to get someone else to do things that the company simply couldn't spare someone to train me for, or that I didn't have access to yet because I'm not hired in. Literally nobody saw this coming, with even the front office liason with the temp service I went through to get the job being openly baffled by the situation.

My second WTF of the day is the temp service is trying harder to get me back in than the union did when I lost my last job.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73207 on: April 01, 2015, 10:30:53 am »

Corporate efficiency at its finest.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73208 on: April 01, 2015, 10:37:24 am »

On the other hand... POH went round changing some of his thread titles to grisha5. April Fools?
What the fuck is up with that, anyway?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73209 on: April 01, 2015, 10:39:50 am »

Check for hidden messages, Sirus :P
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73210 on: April 01, 2015, 10:45:50 am »

It still surprises me that people have no idea how to Dungeon Raid in MMOs. I play as Tank so I know that I am doing my job right when people ain't dying yet every time I am forced to PUG I find someone that is playing a squishy caster rushing ahead pulling everything or just not focus firing that of the target the tank is so as not to pull aggro of the Adds...

WHATS MORE, it seems that Boss Adds are foreign things to them and the DPS just left them to overwork Tank and Healer instead of quickly removing them. Or the Caster using their knockback skill to push the Tank Target away from him and thus losing aggro on him as the target returns or such cause he has to keep other Adds aggro'd too...

I would have thought that in this day and age where there is an MMO for every person on this planet that basic Dungeon Raiding would have been clear on what role you fill...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #73211 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:31 am »

grisha5
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 02:49:46 pm by penguinofhonor »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73212 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:58 am »

I didn't realize that spam was considered an April Fool's Joke nowadays ::)
Should we welcome the shock spammer back as well, with open arms? It's just about as funny and creative.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #73213 on: April 01, 2015, 10:52:27 am »

There's no such rule in Facebook's policy, and a proven hoax about such a policy was circulated as going into effect last year around this same time.

Then explain why she got banned for no apparent reason, she certainly wasn't breaking any rules that she was aware of :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73214 on: April 01, 2015, 10:53:47 am »

Maybe this is Facebook's idea of an April Fool's joke.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 4879 4880 [4881] 4882 4883 ... 11037