Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4860 4861 [4862] 4863 4864 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14456360 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72915 on: March 28, 2015, 07:56:52 pm »

I'm currently trying to decipher a note drunk me left for myself involving Hussars, banter, racist homeless men, Turks, 'dickhrax' [sic], fea, BANE, ¥aaaza, '2tuff steak and 5u 4me 4u 4U F €(( da olese' and something about giving alcohol to swans. Or at least it sounds like that: 'ethqnok ijtoxicqtiin eo nit feed swans aldohol or fite raxist jomless men.'

I'm sure there's something important in the note, because 'i swore on me lyde' to 'sorr ou ₩@@₩ers papers.' What that is, I still am yet to find out.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72916 on: March 28, 2015, 08:20:45 pm »

I don't know about anyone else but when I'm crushing on somebody I tend to look at them a lot and get really excited about talking to them?
I get really excited about not talking to them!  It's like, the only thing I can think about :D
Seriously.  But whatevs, life has way more interesting stuff than romance.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72917 on: March 28, 2015, 08:26:00 pm »

How do you tell if someone likes you?

There are several things to look for. Not all of them are always relevant, but paying attention to this kind of thing is good to do. For example:

-They copy your body language without realizing it.
-When girls talk to someone they like, they tend to use a higher-pitched voice. Guys tend to talk with lower voices than usual.
-They tend to turn towards you a bit.

There are a few others, but I can't remember them.
I remember a joke about the voice one I saw a while back.
Quote from: joke is funny because is joke
That explains why every girl I talk to sounds like fucking batman.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #72918 on: March 28, 2015, 08:30:37 pm »

The thing about that - it's very easily misread. They operate on certain assumptions that make it seem more cut and dried than it is. MC already showed the thing about voice; copying you/turning may mean that someone likes you, but not *likes* you, if you know what I mean (well, that, or I'm very, very good at alienating people, I'm leaving that option open), and being fiddly and all may mean they are nervous for other reasons than the assumed one.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #72919 on: March 28, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »

They're comfortable with insulting you because they know you won't be insulted

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72920 on: March 28, 2015, 08:59:03 pm »

As a wise webcartoonist once said, friendship is a "basic aggregation of shallow and insincere hostilities".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72921 on: March 28, 2015, 09:27:51 pm »

As a wise webcartoonist once said, friendship is a "basic aggregation of shallow and insincere hostilities".
If I like someone, I don't treat them any differently since the day we first meet, regardless any gain or loss on their end. Win the lottery, I won't behave any differently, unless you're suddenly a dick towards me. Suddenly go broke, I won't behave any differently, as long as you don't take any generosity I show for granted.

Don't count it as indifference, consider it how I want to be treated in return (the vice-versa of the above statement). I start with being a decent person (I'm kind because I want to be. No other reason/motive beyond that); use that as a benchmark. BTW, have fun identifying when I really really like someone. That data's entirely classified. I'd like to know and trust someone before I disclose that kind of info. Mainly because last time such info was disclosed, it was used against me, and made me reclusive beyond reason. In summary: People suck, and I don't have friends, I have associates (in another way of saying, my wingmen/"friends" shot me down, and threw me under the bus for the evulz (A girl that I actually liked/had a crush on, and liked me in return, at least at a platonic level, suddenly avoided me like the plague for no reason at all; to give an idea of how bad it was/got). The ultimate price for being a genuine nice guy/gentleman. We're an extinct species with no redeemable factor left.). When I finally call someone a true friend, count it as an honor that's difficult as all hell to obtain. Out of courtesy, a general hint: If I act sufficiently out of character (in a good way), that should qualify as something; if the other way, be somewhere else ASAP.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 09:51:16 pm by Itnetlolor »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #72922 on: March 28, 2015, 09:38:37 pm »

While we're on this topic, it's a good thing if somebody giggles a lot when they talk with you, right?

On another note, I have finally discovered what this is. It used to be somebody's avatar, although I forget who, and I had never figured out what it was until now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #72923 on: March 28, 2015, 09:52:28 pm »

Test their range of the giggle factor. Are they laughing with you, or at you? Are you really funny, or are they "agreeing" with you?

My suggestion to all parties: Be honest with yourself before you're honest with others. It'll determine where to draw a line, or which lines are good to erase/cross. Above all else, remain yourself. If you're required to change at all (or at least, extremely) in any relationship (platonic or romantic), then they never respected you for yourself in the first place. They expect respect, they should respect in return/first.

If you want/need to play with someone/make fun of them to get a rise out of them, like playing with their ego like a cat toy, at least give them a chance to win back their ego. We're all human, and we have fragile egos. We don't mind losing, but we don't like feeling like losers. You can still win, but also feel like a loser (in a sense, at least in my case, we have a BS-meter, and can tell when someone lets us win. I mean, c'mon, put in some effort to make it fun. That's why we're hanging out, right? To have fun?).
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 10:05:11 pm by Itnetlolor »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72924 on: March 29, 2015, 04:09:09 am »

While we're on this topic, it's a good thing if somebody giggles a lot when they talk with you, right?

On another note, I have finally discovered what this is. It used to be somebody's avatar, although I forget who, and I had never figured out what it was until now.
Fairly sure that was RedKings avatar.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72925 on: March 29, 2015, 04:25:01 am »

Yeah, it was.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #72926 on: March 29, 2015, 05:35:14 am »

The director of the BBC, and his wife, have been placed under 24h surveillance of an 8 man strong defense force, after "serious death threats" were made against them by what appears to be angry fans, that are outraged about the descision to fire Jeremy Clarkson.

Oisyn Timon, the producer that was beat in the face by Clarkson (which was the reason for him being fired) also received death threats.

...  :o ...

I guess some folks kill for Allah, others for Top Gear
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72927 on: March 29, 2015, 05:36:54 am »

Top Gear Akbar!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72928 on: March 29, 2015, 05:39:33 am »

Admiral Ackbar!
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #72929 on: March 29, 2015, 05:50:50 am »

Aint no ackbar like a Clarkson Ackbar
Pages: 1 ... 4860 4861 [4862] 4863 4864 ... 11040