Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4859 4860 [4861] 4862 4863 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454911 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72900 on: March 28, 2015, 04:45:42 pm »

For the love of me I cannot recall if Pathos' girlfriend was Pathos or just Nikov's wife.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72901 on: March 28, 2015, 05:04:20 pm »

Pathonikov sounds like a Russianpunk name.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72902 on: March 28, 2015, 05:07:58 pm »

How do you tell if someone likes you?

There are several things to look for. Not all of them are always relevant, but paying attention to this kind of thing is good to do. For example:

-They copy your body language without realizing it.
-When girls talk to someone they like, they tend to use a higher-pitched voice. Guys tend to talk with lower voices than usual.
-They tend to turn towards you a bit.

There are a few others, but I can't remember them.
Strange.
I've noticed I tend to talk in a higher pitch, myself, but I'm male.
Huh.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #72903 on: March 28, 2015, 05:08:15 pm »

What the hell?
That's bloody eerie, it is.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #72904 on: March 28, 2015, 05:28:25 pm »

So I'm putting this in the WTF because there's some mixed emotions and such:

Today, after my improv class, I went to Burger King, since there isn't a Burger King in my area and I pass it every week after class. As I puledl into the parking lot, and I noticed it's got a weird layout: to get into the building from the parking lot, you have to walk in front of the drive-thru, which has a road-block at the end of it so that people in the drive-thru presumably would have to veer away to get out. Then I got to the bathroom, and I noticed there's some discarded underwear in the garbage.

On my way back from the bathroom, and old black man called me over to his booth. He pretty clearly has some sort of mental problem, and I decided to talk to him to maybe brighten his day. He asked me how I'm feeling, I told him I was feeling pretty good. I asked him how he was feeling, and I don't remember exactly what he said, since he was kind of hard to understand. Then he asked for change, and I gave him some random coins and a dollar. He asked for more, and I told him I needed to get some food.

So I got my food, and the one server lady there is nice and chatty (I guess I'll mention that she's also black, since I seemed to have felt it necessary to mention race previously), and it makes me feel better about what happened before.

I then go to sit down, and the crazy old man eventually peaks up over the other side of his booth to where I am. I offer him some of my fries, and he comes around and sits at my booth opposite me. We have some sort of awkward conversation with him being barely coherent with his slurred speech and me only able to understand the occasional word he says. I share some more fries, and at some point, either he asks for or I offer some of my burger, tearing off a piece.

He seems offended by this, the fact that I would separate a piece of my food rather than offering a bite, like I'm treating him like he's not even human (not that he said anything like those exact words; it was more like, "you would treat me like that", and I inferred from there). So I give him the burger to bite into, and I eat it also so that we might both partake in acknowledgement of our shared humanity.

From there there was some more awkward semi-conversation and staring, with him most often saying things like "how you feeling" and "I'm nobody" and me most often not knowing what to say at all since I had no idea what he was saying. At some point he flashed me a peace sign.

Then, at the end, I shook his hand, he asked me for three dollars, which I did not give him; I then removed my hand from his and left feeling so bad I forgot to say goodbye to the nice lady behind the counter.

TL;DR White guilt, and what sort of diseases can you contract from sharing a hamburger with a crazy old stranger?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72905 on: March 28, 2015, 05:47:02 pm »

There are several things to look for. Not all of them are always relevant, but paying attention to this kind of thing is good to do. For example:

-When girls talk to someone they like, they tend to use a higher-pitched voice. Guys tend to talk with lower voices than usual.

Strange.
Huh.

I also do this.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72906 on: March 28, 2015, 05:47:34 pm »

TL;DR White guilt, and what sort of diseases can you contract from sharing a hamburger with a crazy old stranger?
Roughly 125% of them.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72907 on: March 28, 2015, 05:52:59 pm »

Strange.
Huh.

I also do this.

I imagined you saying that in a strained chipmunk voice.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #72908 on: March 28, 2015, 06:08:11 pm »

-snip-

Seeing this, I think I have mutual interest with someone. :D
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 06:30:07 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72909 on: March 28, 2015, 06:21:43 pm »

I speak in the bloodfester tongues of my eldritch masters.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #72910 on: March 28, 2015, 06:24:42 pm »

So I'm putting this in the WTF because there's some mixed emotions and such:

Today, after my improv class, I went to Burger King, since there isn't a Burger King in my area and I pass it every week after class. As I puledl into the parking lot, and I noticed it's got a weird layout: to get into the building from the parking lot, you have to walk in front of the drive-thru, which has a road-block at the end of it so that people in the drive-thru presumably would have to veer away to get out. Then I got to the bathroom, and I noticed there's some discarded underwear in the garbage.

On my way back from the bathroom, and old black man called me over to his booth. He pretty clearly has some sort of mental problem, and I decided to talk to him to maybe brighten his day. He asked me how I'm feeling, I told him I was feeling pretty good. I asked him how he was feeling, and I don't remember exactly what he said, since he was kind of hard to understand. Then he asked for change, and I gave him some random coins and a dollar. He asked for more, and I told him I needed to get some food.

So I got my food, and the one server lady there is nice and chatty (I guess I'll mention that she's also black, since I seemed to have felt it necessary to mention race previously), and it makes me feel better about what happened before.

I then go to sit down, and the crazy old man eventually peaks up over the other side of his booth to where I am. I offer him some of my fries, and he comes around and sits at my booth opposite me. We have some sort of awkward conversation with him being barely coherent with his slurred speech and me only able to understand the occasional word he says. I share some more fries, and at some point, either he asks for or I offer some of my burger, tearing off a piece.

He seems offended by this, the fact that I would separate a piece of my food rather than offering a bite, like I'm treating him like he's not even human (not that he said anything like those exact words; it was more like, "you would treat me like that", and I inferred from there). So I give him the burger to bite into, and I eat it also so that we might both partake in acknowledgement of our shared humanity.

From there there was some more awkward semi-conversation and staring, with him most often saying things like "how you feeling" and "I'm nobody" and me most often not knowing what to say at all since I had no idea what he was saying. At some point he flashed me a peace sign.

Then, at the end, I shook his hand, he asked me for three dollars, which I did not give him; I then removed my hand from his and left feeling so bad I forgot to say goodbye to the nice lady behind the counter.

I think this seems like a pretty nice thing to do that people really ought to do more often, actually.

Well, apart from the sharing the burger thing. That not so smart :v

For the love of me I cannot recall if Pathos' girlfriend was Pathos or just Nikov's wife.

Well, for one, I'm fairly sure Nikov's wife was real, so...
Love, scriver~

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #72911 on: March 28, 2015, 07:12:49 pm »

I don't know about anyone else but when I'm crushing on somebody I tend to look at them a lot and get really excited about talking to them?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72912 on: March 28, 2015, 07:16:43 pm »

I just get nervous trying to talk to anybody, voice cracks, can't say anything.

Do it to people I've known forever or completely random strangers who try to talk to me. Just can't converse.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72913 on: March 28, 2015, 07:20:31 pm »

You also feel obligated to avoid them and be a dick to them if you unconsciously know you like them.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72914 on: March 28, 2015, 07:50:37 pm »

I don't know about anyone else but when I'm crushing on somebody I tend to look at them a lot and get really excited about talking to them?
I'm pretty sure that the excitement is what causes all the above signs. :P
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4859 4860 [4861] 4862 4863 ... 11040