Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4826 4827 [4828] 4829 4830 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14447854 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72405 on: March 20, 2015, 12:37:16 pm »

I think it's sad when you need an Iphone or android based phone just to be able to get a food delivery job.
Doesn't work normally provide you with the phone they keep track of you with?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #72406 on: March 20, 2015, 12:44:59 pm »

I asked them and they want someone already with one of those phones. I think it is one of the most idiotic ways of hiring people but since there is a huge amount of population with those phones (and I dont have one) that they dont have to worry about the lack of people to hire.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72407 on: March 20, 2015, 12:49:42 pm »

They might just have an app for that tracking bit, grak.

Which is honestly kinda' brilliant, I think. Offload the cost of phone purchase and maintenance onto the worker, and possibly neatly sidestep the issue of workers using company phones to do <whatever they shouldn't be>. Plus maybe even have some kind of backdoor/data gathering aspect, to make a little extra money on the side selling employee info. It probably wouldn't take too long to offset the software development costs doing that.

And think of the moxy points that would net you at inter-business management+ level meetings. Everyone would be jealous of your superior layer of glossy scuzz.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #72408 on: March 20, 2015, 01:00:23 pm »

They might just have an app for that tracking bit, grak.

Which is honestly kinda' brilliant, I think. Offload the cost of phone purchase and maintenance onto the worker, and possibly neatly sidestep the issue of workers using company phones to do <whatever they shouldn't be>. Plus maybe even have some kind of backdoor/data gathering aspect, to make a little extra money on the side selling employee info. It probably wouldn't take too long to offset the software development costs doing that.

And think of the moxy points that would net you at inter-business management+ level meetings. Everyone would be jealous of your superior layer of glossy scuzz.

Even worse. Now I really dont want to work for those people. I never was a fan of "smart" phones and this really makes it where I never want one.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72409 on: March 20, 2015, 01:05:00 pm »

Eh, I'm just speculating -- I don't actually know if they (whoever they are) have an app to track their drivers. I just wouldn't be surprised, and it sounds like a pretty good idea from a cost perspective. There was also a sprinkle of humor in there :V

Though the offloading phone cost thing was absolutely accurate. Companies love to do that if they can get away with it and it's actually cheaper.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #72410 on: March 20, 2015, 01:17:45 pm »

That's what I figured. My dad's company does something similar with their phones but at least they provide them. Also, I have to find a phone that wont break very easily because I am harsh on them, and my fingers are horrible for touchscreens.

King of Candy Island.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72411 on: March 20, 2015, 01:37:52 pm »

Otter does good lifeproof cases.
That's all I can help with.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72412 on: March 20, 2015, 06:10:54 pm »

You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #72415 on: March 20, 2015, 06:30:40 pm »

So I get on my comp to find its password locked I figure out the password now how do
 I figure out who hacked it or could this be the comp doing this?
    its the password I chosen but it never asked me before I just pushed enter  is this
normal? Ah im so bad with computers im sorry...
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #72416 on: March 20, 2015, 06:36:35 pm »

Stealing an unborn child ... and not using it in some ritual or other? The hell.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72417 on: March 20, 2015, 06:40:08 pm »

So I get on my comp to find its password locked I figure out the password now how do
 I figure out who hacked it or could this be the comp doing this?
    its the password I chosen but it never asked me before I just pushed enter  is this
normal? Ah im so bad with computers im sorry...

What OS is it? On Ubuntu-like Linux systems, it's best to just set a password and never ever ever reset it. When I tried to remove the password on my Linux computer, it kept asking me for a password even though there was none and not letting me into the computer.

My Win8 computer, on the other hand, apparently gives you the option to type a password even if you haven't set one, and will let you log in regardless of what you type in the field if a password hasn't been set.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72418 on: March 20, 2015, 07:21:13 pm »

You cannot have a null password on a properly configured Linux system.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #72419 on: March 20, 2015, 07:54:11 pm »

You cannot have a null password on a properly configured Linux system.

That's kind of a strange caveat. It'd make sense if you were operating a commercial web server or something, but isn't Ubuntu supposed to be the most Windows-like of the Linux variants?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 4826 4827 [4828] 4829 4830 ... 11040