Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 [4825] 4826 4827 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449981 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72360 on: March 19, 2015, 06:29:18 pm »

That won't work, since Tupac isn't dead.

He's working on a collaboration album with Elvis Presley. All proceeds will go towards continuing the illusion that Paul McCartney is still alive.
Actually he's working with Paul and Jacko. Elvis doesn't do s*boop*.

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72361 on: March 19, 2015, 07:03:56 pm »

After talking with some friends, I found out that apparently Finnish people have a much higher rate of getting congenital diseases because of population bottlenecking in their past, which means that, at one point in history, tons of Finns must have died for some unknown reason, and according to recent studies, Finnish people suffer from an exceptionally low variation among Y chromossomes. In fact, the estimations point out to the survival of only TWO ancestral male lineages.
This means that, despite the rather large Finnish population, they suffer more from congenital problems then icelandic people, which are believed to be the most genetically homogenous nation in the world (what with iceland being a big island far off to the north several thousand kilometers from anything).
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72362 on: March 19, 2015, 07:11:25 pm »

Apparently where I live is considered a "danger zone" by the mail service, despite being only 15 minutes, at worst, from the nearest agency. Of course, this means that only packages won't arrive. Bills still do.

Sounds like they're just being shits so they don't have to deliver packages, then.
"danger zones" in respect to mail couriers is new to me, though.
Where exactly do you live, again?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72363 on: March 19, 2015, 07:16:08 pm »

After talking with some friends, I found out that apparently Finnish people have a much higher rate of getting congenital diseases because of population bottlenecking in their past, which means that, at one point in history, tons of Finns must have died for some unknown reason, and according to recent studies, Finnish people suffer from an exceptionally low variation among Y chromossomes. In fact, the estimations point out to the survival of only TWO ancestral male lineages.
This means that, despite the rather large Finnish population, they suffer more from congenital problems then icelandic people, which are believed to be the most genetically homogenous nation in the world (what with iceland being a big island far off to the north several thousand kilometers from anything).

You see, Finland lies in the north.

And shit gets cold in the north.

And when it doesn't get cold, then bad weather just kills all the crops.

Also, wars and stuff.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72364 on: March 19, 2015, 07:23:11 pm »

So the moral of the story is that Finnish ladies should be marrying foreigners wherever they may be found? O_o
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #72365 on: March 19, 2015, 07:23:40 pm »

im a foreigner

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72366 on: March 19, 2015, 07:25:30 pm »

I know a number of fairly beautiful finnish ladies (one who has an habit of swimming naked in an icy lake and has a sauna in her house because FINLAND) so, better find your passport.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72367 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:59 pm »

Try to make something nice for people, watch it get ripped apart.
To be fair, if they label it at all ISG is generally just to distinguish the ones that are mainly pictures from the ones that are not; theres no need to point out its on the internet.
Regardless, it sounds like a pretty well thought-out game, Transcendant. Hope it goes well! :)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72368 on: March 19, 2015, 08:36:56 pm »

That's why Finland needs such good schools, to make up for the mental deficiencies caused by inbreeding. Also, to train biologists to one day fix the problem.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #72369 on: March 19, 2015, 08:54:55 pm »

They need to overcome the genophage.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72370 on: March 19, 2015, 08:55:30 pm »

Well its not like the problems are THAT common, but its fairly more common then in any other place in the world, and the problem seems to be linked to the male chromossomes only.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #72371 on: March 19, 2015, 09:21:59 pm »

There are 666 unread emails in my inbox right now.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72372 on: March 20, 2015, 02:30:39 am »

There are 666 unread emails in my inbox right now.
Have you drawn a pentagram around your computer in virgin's blood?
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72373 on: March 20, 2015, 04:32:24 am »

For real no Bay12 hype about solar eclipse? I thought we were all meant to be huge nerds.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72374 on: March 20, 2015, 04:44:52 am »

For real no Bay12 hype about solar eclipse? I thought we were all meant to be huge nerds.
It was pretty cool.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: 1 ... 4823 4824 [4825] 4826 4827 ... 11040