Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4820 4821 [4822] 4823 4824 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448154 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72316 on: March 18, 2015, 08:13:34 pm »

It's hard to catch a person when you're desperately holding your eyes shut, after all!

Maybe it's flammable?
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2008/02/05/episode-951-when-life-gives-you-firelemons/
I AM THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOU HOUSE DOW-
Aww, not Portal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that from the title.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #72317 on: March 18, 2015, 08:20:00 pm »

Aurelian philosophy. It's un-google-able (gives random trash), yet it's definitely a thing according to one person's words. What the hell.
Care to link to whosever words you are talking about? A little effort and I pull up several different fictional "Aurelia"s that people have invented that have had "Aurelian philosophy". I've also found some places where people were talking about it in a way that made me unsure if they were talking about an invented thing similar to the others or were discussing something real.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72318 on: March 18, 2015, 08:25:27 pm »

Aurelian philosophy. It's un-google-able (gives random trash), yet it's definitely a thing according to one person's words. What the hell.
Care to link to whosever words you are talking about? A little effort and I pull up several different fictional "Aurelia"s that people have invented that have had "Aurelian philosophy". I've also found some places where people were talking about it in a way that made me unsure if they were talking about an invented thing similar to the others or were discussing something real.
First thing that popped up in my search.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aurelian

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72319 on: March 18, 2015, 08:25:33 pm »

Apparently it's "teachings/philosophy of Marcus Aurelius", so that's that.
._.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72320 on: March 18, 2015, 08:27:00 pm »

Apparently it's "teachings/philosophy of Marcus Aurelius", so that's that.
So I was ninja'd. Very well.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marcus_Aurelius

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #72321 on: March 18, 2015, 09:02:25 pm »

Or just here, if you're looking for something a lil' more in depth than the wiki article re: his philosophy bitsies.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #72322 on: March 18, 2015, 09:23:44 pm »

It's hard to catch a person when you're desperately holding your eyes shut, after all!

Maybe it's flammable?
http://www.nuklearpower.com/2008/02/05/episode-951-when-life-gives-you-firelemons/
I AM THE MAN WHO'S GONNA BURN YOU HOUSE DOW-
Aww, not Portal.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that from the title.
When life gives you dyslexia, burn their house down with the melons.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72323 on: March 18, 2015, 11:13:04 pm »

Dear HOLY GOODNESS YOUTUBE!

Enough with the rape commercial! I get it, call the police!

Note: For those who don't know... Canadians are getting a commercial about sexual harassment.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72324 on: March 18, 2015, 11:19:19 pm »

Note: For those who don't know... Canadians are getting a commercial about sexual harassment.
Well, people sometimes need to be told to.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 11:23:30 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72325 on: March 18, 2015, 11:40:41 pm »

Well, people sometimes need to be told to.
Don't ever change, Tack.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #72326 on: March 19, 2015, 12:12:26 am »

Five thousand pages of people being hit by the 'what-the-fuck truck'. Huh.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #72327 on: March 19, 2015, 12:44:46 am »

Five thousand pages of people being hit by the 'what-the-fuck truck'. Huh.
Only 6000 more to go until we reach the happy thread!

I'm really surprised at how stable this thread seems to be, compared to the sad thread (which tends to get locked semi-regularly) or the rage thread (R.I.P.)
._.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72328 on: March 19, 2015, 12:57:23 am »

We still argue about stuff on the WTF thread. See the Great War of Obese People Aren't Terrible Now Stop Putting Words in My Mouth from a few pages back, for example.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72329 on: March 19, 2015, 01:10:11 am »

All sound on my computer has ceased, games crash when I try to run them. Check the sound device, computer seems to think it's working fine, drivers are up to date so on and so forth. I am now stumped.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 4820 4821 [4822] 4823 4824 ... 11040