Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4800 4801 [4802] 4803 4804 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443482 times)

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #72015 on: March 15, 2015, 08:47:55 am »

Who needs instant noodles or instant rice meals when you can get instant curry?

We have instant everything here in Australia, including an impressive stock of instant Indian food.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

HeroPizza42

• Bay Watcher
  • My ☼mandrake army☼ is almost ready
    • View Profile
    • Pinterest
« Reply #72016 on: March 15, 2015, 11:43:03 am »

When I wake up scratch my face to find a dried up smooshed dead bug on my face.
My Pinterest

Sorry for my grammar and spelling, I have Dyslexia amongst other problems.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72017 on: March 15, 2015, 11:53:26 am »

I looked up what I might need for my plan for summer income: selling homemade ice cream at the beach. Unfortunately, according to what I read, in addition to various permits, potential startup costs supposedly run from $2000-$10,000. Ouch. Damn, I had some good recipie ideas I wanted to try.

When I wake up scratch my face to find a dried up smooshed dead bug on my face.

Would you prefer it was still alive?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72018 on: March 15, 2015, 12:06:44 pm »

Yeah, for all practical intents and purposes its illegal to run a private business anywhere on planet Earth.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72019 on: March 15, 2015, 02:11:13 pm »

I looked up what I might need for my plan for summer income: selling homemade ice cream at the beach. Unfortunately, according to what I read, in addition to various permits, potential startup costs supposedly run from $2000-$10,000. Ouch. Damn, I had some good recipie ideas I wanted to try.

You can't legally require or enforce sales of things, but you could ask for or encourage a donation of a certain ammount; it's a possible legal work around, if you are willing to deal with the risk of someone choosing not to donate.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #72020 on: March 15, 2015, 02:45:31 pm »

Also depending on the beach it's not like anyone can feasibly enforce the informal sector.

Print document, printer makes horrifying sawing noise, consumes top quarter of page. Continues as normal. Maybe the paper was already ripped? Either that or there's a portal to another dimension in my printer.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72021 on: March 15, 2015, 02:48:06 pm »

Maybe it was hungry.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72022 on: March 15, 2015, 02:50:54 pm »

Maybe it was hungry.
I knew that giving IRC-bots sentience was a bad idea.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #72023 on: March 15, 2015, 02:55:54 pm »

Printers gotta eat, man.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #72024 on: March 15, 2015, 04:15:45 pm »

Sadly, printers don't have a functioning gastrointestinal tract. You're going to have to perform surgery.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #72025 on: March 15, 2015, 05:21:40 pm »

Have you forgotten to supply the printer with bat blood?
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72026 on: March 15, 2015, 05:30:45 pm »

You may have run out of eye of newt.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:35:34 pm by GiglameshDespair »
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #72027 on: March 15, 2015, 05:33:40 pm »

So there was this court case back in '96, which was triggered by Colorado passing a state constitution amendment that prohibited passing a law that prohibited discrimination against people on the basis of sexual orientation, and repealed all existing laws that did so. You'll never believe what the State's argument defending the amendment was!

"... it puts gays and lesbians in the same position as all other persons. So, the State says, the measure does no more than deny homosexuals special rights."

On a scale from 0 to shitloads, how much glue did their counsel inhale before giving arguments?

>By repealing laws that put them in the same position as everyone else, we'll put them in the same position as everyone else!
>By passing a constitutional amendment that treats them differently from everyone else, we'll treat them the same as everyone else!

... Please don't talk about politics in response to this. I'm marveling at the monumental load of bullshit trying to masquerade as logic.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:36:29 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72028 on: March 15, 2015, 05:48:03 pm »

Heh, don't expect too much from a state legislature. That may change in the future, but for now nobody ever pays any attention to what they're doing. Even, no especially their constituents. In other Colorado related WTF news, marijuana legalization has gone almost shockingly well.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72029 on: March 15, 2015, 05:50:23 pm »

The Gender Thread apparently got real civil right after the point where I stopped reading. I should've read the rest sooner...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 4800 4801 [4802] 4803 4804 ... 11040