Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4790 4791 [4792] 4793 4794 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452031 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71865 on: March 12, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »

Onion is pure magic. It can be used for cooking practically everything you ever want. And it's tasty, too, if you know how to deal with it.
Onion is tasty to someone who finds onions tasty. Which I am not. With how often they show up in basically everything, I've ended up tasting a lot of onion over my lifetime. Each and every one of them was dish-destroyingly terrible. Insofar as I've been able to tell, it's physically impossible to cook an onion or cook with onion in a way that doesn't taste vile to me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71866 on: March 12, 2015, 08:50:45 pm »

Onion is pure magic. It can be used for cooking practically everything you ever want. And it's tasty, too, if you know how to deal with it.
Onion is tasty to someone who finds onions tasty. Which I am not. With how often they show up in basically everything, I've ended up tasting a lot of onion over my lifetime. Each and every one of them was dish-destroyingly terrible. Insofar as I've been able to tell, it's physically impossible to cook an onion or cook with onion in a way that doesn't taste vile to me.

Except those potato chips. They're alright.
Obviously that means you've got to add more salt to the onion. Obviously.

Onions do taste pretty shitty without salt.
._.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71867 on: March 12, 2015, 08:52:18 pm »

I'm not that familiar with fantasy warhammer, but isn't 40K in the same continuity as it? Cause if yes, then don't the humans win in the end (with chaos surviving, of course) no matter what?
Iirc they're more like parallel continuities. Like, I think that at one point the 40k Warp briefly connected to the WHF setting.
They were referenced to be connected at one point but now they're only connected by the Chaos gods.
Not that it matters now that they've nuked the setting.
...say what?
Yeah, Chaos won. Setting's destroyed entirely except for maybe what seems to be Sigmar or maybe the 40k Emperor - it just says he was once a man.
Yay for good plot progression. All the other bullshit meant nothing after all.
...well that sucks :l
Where's the RAGE thread when you need it?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71868 on: March 12, 2015, 08:53:30 pm »

Serg, half the things onion get stuck in has enough salt it in to cause your blood pressure to rise just looking at it.* Don't think salt is the answer.

*And that's despite the fact that salt probably doesn't actually cause high blood pressure :V
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 08:55:18 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71869 on: March 12, 2015, 08:56:36 pm »

Sometimes it's okay to admit you're wrong you know.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71870 on: March 12, 2015, 09:01:01 pm »

Wow, am I glad I checked out of WH Fantasy when I still thought the storyline was cool :P

Maybe they learned their lesson and that's why 40k has ground to a halt in terms of the story.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71871 on: March 12, 2015, 09:04:08 pm »

I love cooking with onions because I have dull taste buds.  Vinegar's good too, particularly on potato chips.
I like bland foods too, since I'm used to everything seeming bland, but for the longest time I never appreciated flavors properly because I wasn't using enough.

A typical stew for me is potatoes + onions + carrots + meat + black pepper + spinach.  Sometimes cabbage, rice or mushrooms.  I usually eat too much of it trying to finish it off, and lie around feeling satisfied :)
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #71872 on: March 12, 2015, 09:05:02 pm »

Onions are alright, though they always seem to taste a bit satirical to me.

Yes, it's a very bad pun.

SquatchHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • A bit drafty
    • View Profile
« Reply #71873 on: March 12, 2015, 09:05:12 pm »

So what, are they going to do a full reset on WH Fantasy?

Wow, am I glad I checked out of WH Fantasy when I still thought the storyline was cool :P

Maybe they learned their lesson and that's why 40k has ground to a halt in terms of the story.

Actually they started it back up with the imperium on a decline state. So I wouldnt be surprised if they did the same thing there too.
That's technically an action, not a speech... Well it was only a matter of time before I had to write another scene of utter and horrifying perversion.

King of Candy Island.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71874 on: March 12, 2015, 09:07:16 pm »

IIRC 40k's on the verge of having the same thing happen to them, since in the last Black Crusade Abbadon got a foothold on Cadia. GW then realized that because they made Chaos so OP that even that would allow them to near-effortlessly steamroll to Terra and kill the Emperor for good, so they froze the timeline.

I dunno what's happening with Fantasy - though at least some Lizardmen escaped in their temple spaceships, so that's cool.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71875 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:11 pm »

From the sound of this thread its sounding like a recurring theme. 'Chaos too OP, stall for plot until whenever'
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71876 on: March 12, 2015, 09:09:58 pm »

That's basically their MO now that I think of it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71877 on: March 12, 2015, 09:13:06 pm »

I should never be trusted to cook without supervision.

I was supposed to put the pot full of food into the crock pot. I poured the food out of the pot and into the crock pot.
If it makes you feel any better, I once put a frozen pizza in the oven without removing the cardboard on which it was packaged. No, I was not young enough to excuse this decision. It just seemed like the obvious thing to do. Turns out, that's not the right thing to do, and the instructions said as much.

It's a skill to be learned, and you can learn it!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71878 on: March 12, 2015, 09:14:16 pm »

Relevant:

I finally found out why the washing machine / clothes dryer combo thing sucks so hard at actually cleaning my clothes.
It's just a clothes dryer o.o
I'm an idiot

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #71879 on: March 12, 2015, 09:18:04 pm »

Considering that, before most other things GWS, there were the "Realms of Chaos" books, I think they've always known who they really care about, after all the Space Marine wank is said and done with. I think Rogue Trader predates them, but not by much.

As an aside I read through some End Times.....some of the rules changes they decided, mostly removing all army restrictions, is actually really close to the homebrew 40k rules we came up with for quicker and quirkier games.

One skill I've had to adapt as a fan of GWS is knowing when to lock down how much attention I pay to how it develops. I think I stopped paying attention to official 40k canon sometime in 4th Ed. Luckily GWS creations are the kinds of worlds/universes you've been primed to not really require closure on.

Part of me wonders though....is this the start of the End Times for GWS as a whole, where they stop making things and just license out the IP?
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 4790 4791 [4792] 4793 4794 ... 11040