Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4789 4790 [4791] 4792 4793 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14452081 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71850 on: March 12, 2015, 06:54:51 pm »

I'm not that familiar with fantasy warhammer, but isn't 40K in the same continuity as it? Cause if yes, then don't the humans win in the end (with chaos surviving, of course) no matter what?
Iirc they're more like parallel continuities. Like, I think that at one point the 40k Warp briefly connected to the WHF setting.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71851 on: March 12, 2015, 08:15:31 pm »

I should never be trusted to cook without supervision.

I was supposed to put the pot full of food into the crock pot. I poured the food out of the pot and into the crock pot.
To be fair, if you've never been taught how to cook... you're probably not going to know how to cook. And expecting a person who doesn't know how to cook to be able to cook is pretty darn silly.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #71852 on: March 12, 2015, 08:16:55 pm »

I'm not that familiar with fantasy warhammer, but isn't 40K in the same continuity as it? Cause if yes, then don't the humans win in the end (with chaos surviving, of course) no matter what?
Iirc they're more like parallel continuities. Like, I think that at one point the 40k Warp briefly connected to the WHF setting.
They were referenced to be connected at one point but now they're only connected by the Chaos gods.
Not that it matters now that they've nuked the setting.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71853 on: March 12, 2015, 08:19:51 pm »

Having given that some thought, having a straight "the bad guys win" ending is extremely dissatisfying. The Warhammers are all about everybody being fucked in the long run yet staying alive with repeated but costly victories.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71854 on: March 12, 2015, 08:24:08 pm »

I should never be trusted to cook without supervision.

I was supposed to put the pot full of food into the crock pot. I poured the food out of the pot and into the crock pot.
Put... putting a pot with food in it into a crock pot actually sounds like a rather silly thing to do, t'me? If someone wasn't pretty explicit about needing to do that, I'd be doing the same thing you did. And I've kinda' cooked a wee bit at this point.

Unless you're talking about the pot that normally goes into a crock pot (they're often a two-stage thing for easier cleaning, iirc), in which case I'd be questioning why it wasn't in there to begin with...

Though putting a pot in a pot so you can pot while you pot does kinda' sound like something unsurprising re: your situation, if my memory's working.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71855 on: March 12, 2015, 08:32:37 pm »

Yea, it was the pot that normally goes into the crock.

It was in the fridge at the time I was called, because otherwise it would have probably gone bad while my mother was out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #71856 on: March 12, 2015, 08:34:20 pm »

Crock pots are awesome.

Throw in some potatoes, some pasta, some seasoning, some onions, and some slightly precooked chicken chuncks, come back in 8 hours, and eat for the next 4 days.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71857 on: March 12, 2015, 08:36:58 pm »

... ah.

Well, now you know not to do that again. So long as you don't do it again and the house isn't on fire, you should be alright. After you clean up the mess, anyway.

And mostly agreed, PK. Except for the onion bits. Freaking hate onions. Except occasionally fairly mild onion powder, I guess. For some reason I like sour cream and onion potato chips, but detest both sour cream and onion. Is the taste of culinary death for everything else. And they're put in so many things ;_;
Ask not!
Ask!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71858 on: March 12, 2015, 08:38:36 pm »

They were referenced to be connected at one point but now they're only connected by the Chaos gods.
...say what?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71859 on: March 12, 2015, 08:39:41 pm »

Onion is pure magic. It can be used for cooking practically everything you ever want. And it's tasty, too, if you know how to deal with it.
._.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71860 on: March 12, 2015, 08:40:57 pm »

...say what?
Yeah, Chaos won. Setting's destroyed entirely except for maybe what seems to be Sigmar or maybe the 40k Emperor - it just says he was once a man.
Yay for good plot progression. All the other bullshit meant nothing after all.
Sig! Onol

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71861 on: March 12, 2015, 08:45:01 pm »

...say what?
Yeah, Chaos won. Setting's destroyed entirely except for maybe what seems to be Sigmar or maybe the 40k Emperor - it just says he was once a man.
Yay for good plot progression. All the other bullshit meant nothing after all.
Wait.

Plot progression, in MY Warhammer?

IMPOSSIBLE
._.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71862 on: March 12, 2015, 08:45:51 pm »

Much like humans in 40K it's a blessing for any GW property to die because death is a reprieve from the horrors that would otherwise await.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71863 on: March 12, 2015, 08:47:48 pm »

Yep.
oh btw Malekith was the chosen Phoenix king all along even though he's dedicated the last 6000 years to kicking the forces of order in the balls
also the Skaven kill every nation except the Empire because who cares about diversity of world building and shit
also everything is Teclis' fault
lelelellelelelelelelele
Sig! Onol

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71864 on: March 12, 2015, 08:49:25 pm »

Onion is pure magic. It can be used for cooking practically everything you ever want. And it's tasty, too, if you know how to deal with it.
Onion is tasty to someone who finds onions tasty. Which I am not. With how often they show up in basically everything, I've ended up tasting a lot of onion over my lifetime. Each and every one of them was dish-destroyingly terrible. Insofar as I've been able to tell, it's physically impossible to cook an onion or cook with onion in a way that doesn't taste vile to me.

Except those potato chips. They're alright.
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 4789 4790 [4791] 4792 4793 ... 11040