Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4778 4779 [4780] 4781 4782 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433809 times)

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71685 on: March 10, 2015, 06:16:10 pm »

That and... google remembers what you've searched before and tries to shown you results "relevant" to you based on your previous searches.
I know. This is probably why. I was joking with that last part of my post.
Oh okay.

No I have not seen Akinator.
You should do that, it's an excellent example of neurological networks having a ridiculous ability to fish for any correlations. Not an AI, but still pretty amazing.
._.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #71686 on: March 10, 2015, 07:23:36 pm »

In Smite, my teammates honestly believed that a 0/5 KD Guan Yu was speedhacking.

Like, I understand you haven't memorized the abilities of every character in the game to know that he has a dash with with a very understated animation.  But you should be able to guess that the dude who is completely failing to accomplish anything is not a hacker.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71687 on: March 10, 2015, 08:32:44 pm »

In Smite, my teammates honestly believed that a 0/5 KD Guan Yu was speedhacking.

Like, I understand you haven't memorized the abilities of every character in the game to know that he has a dash with with a very understated animation.  But you should be able to guess that the dude who is completely failing to accomplish anything is not a hacker.
He might be just a very ineffective hacker.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71688 on: March 10, 2015, 08:35:59 pm »

He might be just a very ineffective hacker.
Seriously though. That was always one of the highlights in CounterStrike, listening to the guys who came onto a server with walls and aimbots crying about hackers because they sucked bad enough to get killed anyways.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71689 on: March 10, 2015, 08:57:57 pm »

So a few carryouts in my area are shut down now because the Jordanian family that owned them was arrested for fencing, smuggling, extortion, racketeering, and check fraud. And by "a few", I mean "nearly all of them," including the iconic "ICE COLD BEER" store that is one of the most well-known businesses in the city. I knew the folks that ran the places were pretty shady (there's a reason nothing in the store has a price tag, so they can tell you different prices based on how inebriated they think you are; and you had to be very, very careful about the change they gave back to you, as it would often contain the expected number of bills, but not the right denominations), so I don't doubt it at all, but this goes far beyond the level of organization I suspected.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #71690 on: March 10, 2015, 09:39:58 pm »

So a few carryouts in my area are shut down now because the Jordanian family that owned them was arrested for fencing, smuggling, extortion, racketeering, and check fraud. And by "a few", I mean "nearly all of them," including the iconic "ICE COLD BEER" store that is one of the most well-known businesses in the city. I knew the folks that ran the places were pretty shady (there's a reason nothing in the store has a price tag, so they can tell you different prices based on how inebriated they think you are; and you had to be very, very careful about the change they gave back to you, as it would often contain the expected number of bills, but not the right denominations), so I don't doubt it at all, but this goes far beyond the level of organization I suspected.

Where the hell do you live?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #71691 on: March 10, 2015, 09:43:34 pm »

I really want to say somewhere like Swindon; the beating heart of organised crime.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #71692 on: March 10, 2015, 09:48:49 pm »

Roanapur, I assume.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #71693 on: March 10, 2015, 10:19:25 pm »

Mysterious line segment of dead pixels on my monitor. Bottom few have no blue, then one with no green, more with no blue, another with no green.

Strangely, I can make out the details of each individual subpixel on these ones. Weird.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #71694 on: March 10, 2015, 10:26:41 pm »

Toledo, Ohio
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71695 on: March 10, 2015, 11:19:16 pm »

I keep thinking about how Rare friends are.

I sometimes like to think about what it would be like to relive my life to sort of start at the start with everything I know now.

Yet the one thing that scares me the most about that scenario... Is that many of the people I am closest to I met purely by chance.

They weren't people who were in my way, who were standing right in front of me...

I wouldn't want to miss them.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #71696 on: March 11, 2015, 12:09:24 am »

Darn it, Neo, now you made me scared too.

I met one of my best friend by chance as well. I'd probably be dead without him.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71697 on: March 11, 2015, 12:13:16 am »

Roanapur, I assume.
Dude, they got shut down. Without a massive gunfight, too.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71698 on: March 11, 2015, 07:35:46 am »

For some reason, I'm having trouble remembering how old I am. I mean, I know the exact day, year, and probably hour of my birth, but when I do the math, it comes out... weird. Maybe my subconscious is finding the whole process too depressing. I know my conscious mind is.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #71699 on: March 11, 2015, 09:49:23 am »

You could always take the easy route and presume you're the flash grown clone that replaced the previous Akura in its sleep. You'd only be a few hours old in that case~
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4778 4779 [4780] 4781 4782 ... 11039