Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14449391 times)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71460 on: March 07, 2015, 03:45:02 pm »

Why don't you just gather your group of five in some place with internet access having a laptop and get shit done together? Isn't that what it is supposed to be? Am I missing details?
The detail you are missing is no one actually does school group projects in a group, unless its groups of two or its a long-term project with checkpoints. They either put it off until you're about to fail it or let whoever does the most work do all of the work.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #71461 on: March 07, 2015, 04:04:30 pm »

Why don't you just gather your group of five in some place with internet access having a laptop and get shit done together? Isn't that what it is supposed to be? Am I missing details?
The detail you are missing is no one actually does school group projects in a group, unless its groups of two or its a long-term project with checkpoints. They either put it off until you're about to fail it or let whoever does the most work do all of the work.

Well, we had several group assignments in high school, and we did the way I described. Or distributed the work equally among the members and then everyone did his/her part.

Y'all need some communism in you to do that stuff, I guess.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #71462 on: March 07, 2015, 04:07:06 pm »

This reminds me of the group project I'm participating in right now.

I haven't done shit so far :P

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71463 on: March 07, 2015, 04:09:32 pm »

This is in college.

We get marked individually, partly based upon the finished assignment, who contributes what to the group, and how our other group members evaluate us.

Screwing over your classmates to get a better mark is entirely a thing, and something I know this girl does.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #71464 on: March 07, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »

Screwing over your classmates to get a better mark is entirely a thing, and something I know this girl does.
That sounds less like a group project and more like an excuse to stick random classmates together and see who gets the highest mark.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71465 on: March 07, 2015, 04:13:23 pm »

The best way to handle those things without the annoyance of a bunch of actual meetings is to round-robin it, where you agree upon an order to send it and each person adds their shit. That, or a google doc.

You ninja'd my post, so I'll trim it to relevant shit:

You have a record of what she said. If she tries to screw you over, forward her email asking for your work and your response with the attached work to the professor. Bam, problem solved.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71466 on: March 07, 2015, 04:21:42 pm »

This is in college.

We get marked individually, partly based upon the finished assignment, who contributes what to the group, and how our other group members evaluate us.

Well, in my case the group work was evaluated, and the mark the group got you got as well. So everyone had basically done what he could do best, and if some member was absolutely incapable of working on subject, others gave him some trivial stuff or got him to help in some other way.
So we just got evaluated on another basis, I guess.

Also, are you telling me that in college you are basically getting familiar with concept of fucking up someone else to get yourself look better? That sounds so... American.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71467 on: March 07, 2015, 04:39:40 pm »

Also, are you telling me that in college you are basically getting familiar with concept of fucking up someone else to get yourself look better? That sounds so... American.
It's more of a commonwealth thing.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71468 on: March 07, 2015, 04:40:32 pm »

This is in college.

Well, in my case the group work was evaluated, and the mark the group got you got as well. So everyone had basically done what he could do best, and if some member was absolutely incapable of working on subject, others gave him some trivial stuff or got him to help in some other way.
So we just got evaluated on another basis, I guess.

It also sounds entirely unsustainable. What if the people who actually do all the work get fed up and emigrate into a better place?
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71469 on: March 07, 2015, 04:48:06 pm »

It also sounds entirely unsustainable. What if the people who actually do all the work get fed up and emigrate into a better place?
They did in 90s, so there is plenty of room for them now, so some of them tend to occupy good vacancies here for now. A lot still immigrate, though.

It's more of a commonwealth thing.
Never heard of the term for that thing before.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 04:51:03 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71470 on: March 07, 2015, 05:14:14 pm »

Honestly that does sound extremely Commonwealth,  In the US we tend to elevate those of even marginal success to god-like levels.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71471 on: March 07, 2015, 07:19:45 pm »

This is a map of conflicts currently occuring in the world. The darker the colour, the worse it is.

Look at Africa.

Nobody is saying there's no conflict in Africa. People are reacting to the nonsensical sentiment that black people would be more prone to conflict than others.

I never said that black people are mpre prone to cpnflict than other races, I said that africa is more prone to cpnfloct than other continents, which the map confirms.

And it is because of racism that these conflicts are so sickening, and why the historical issues on south africa are in a way less so. Whites hating blacks or blacks hating whites is a lazy, low cost of entry sort of racism, anybody with even partially functional eyes can say "hey. that person looks different than me.", but to discriminate specifically against Tutsis, or specifically against Hutus takes a higher level of devotion to one's racist beliefs.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71472 on: March 07, 2015, 07:25:22 pm »

W/E mayun.
I discriminate against Americans all the time, and they look the same as me.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #71473 on: March 07, 2015, 10:24:46 pm »

And so the wheel of undue disrespect turns once more.

Foreigners are clearly nothing but pompous assholes.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71474 on: March 07, 2015, 10:28:45 pm »

Hey! I'm not... that pompous... I think.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.
Pages: 1 ... 4763 4764 [4765] 4766 4767 ... 11040