Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14433519 times)

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #71325 on: March 04, 2015, 11:47:19 pm »

the paradox interactive logo is a platypus. i always just assumed it was a dinosaur. :P

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #71326 on: March 05, 2015, 12:08:57 am »

So... South Africa, the place where white people basically came in and stole 87% of the land, sending black people into segregated towns that they couldn't leave without having work papers in the abomination that was Apartheid which lasted until the late 1980s/90s, is the only "Enlightened African" location.

This map and its creator. It must die for its crimes, but especially that one.

Well, it could make more or less sense based on time period. If it's based on the present, it's not actually too bad - considering apartheid ended over 20 years ago and was resolved non-violently. Also gay marriage has been legal since a few years after we kicked the conservative NP out of power and our racism problem is currently arguably better than the US's.

If it's based during apartheid then it's stupid, but we already knew that.

If it's based before apartheid I don't even.

If it's based before colonisation I really don't even.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #71327 on: March 05, 2015, 12:28:14 am »

you people seem overly critical of a simple map
But if we can't make fun of stupid people who are being terrible, what can we do?
People seem to be getting annoyed at it rather than laughing at it.

If cyb.org is not a site about cybernetics I will be very disappointed.
cyb.org does not appear to be a domain name in use. There is a c-y-b.org however that specializes in "extreme body modifications" so you can look kinda like a cyborg. So that's neat. Or wtf-inducing. Also the site seems to be inactive.
cyb.org isn't available by any apparent means. cyb.org.nz, however, is available, and it's pretty cheap... the temptation is real.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 12:31:22 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71328 on: March 05, 2015, 04:16:31 am »

I accidentally saved a file onto "this pc" (i.e. not in any drive, but at the screen where it lists your drive) and the file is now a network location.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #71329 on: March 05, 2015, 05:43:13 am »

Material mechanics are hard ._.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #71330 on: March 05, 2015, 06:35:02 am »

Material mechanics are hard ._.
Vacations getting you down?
._.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #71331 on: March 05, 2015, 06:44:13 am »

So, for reasons that god only knows, I've spent the past ten minutes thinking about a hypothetical situation in which all threads were unable to be locked, and toady couldn't moderate.
If we assume that something may split the bay base, it's easy to tell where most people might retreat to, the lower boards (Forum games and roleplaying, specifically), while small and with a dedicated base, that particular area is easily disrupted and players there would be easily shocked by spam images, a quick rush towards there could probably make a strong foothold and push quite a few people out of there, once people more experienced with the art of forum warfare have become established, however, it would be a formidable defensive position, allowing quick strikes then sudden retreats back into the shell.

The Mafia subforum, however, poses a bigger challenge to wedge long time players out of there, while few in number, the ones that do frequent are hardened against anger and salt, not to mention the mafia games normal time-frame, so any attack that could have shaken a FG&R user would simply be brushed off by a mafia player, though the natural tendencies for the long and thoughtful mindset mafia inclined players have would make them far more defensive than other subforums, to a point of being almost completely neutral, these ones would probably last the longest.

Roll To Dodge, however, might be a wildcard, most RTD's are minimalistic and are based around bat-shit insane actions flying at top speed, the candle that burns twice as bright, lasts half as long, as they say, any attacks against them would most likely end up with a fierce counter attack, thus giving others natural disincentives, the ones that aren't minimalist would be well protected simply by proxy, and I could think of very few people who would turn on their own front to focus on something like Life Begins At Death, yet they would most likely burn our soon, any attacks made by them would rely on shock and awe, sort of like a blitzkrieg, otherwise, they would probably peter out fast.

ER, now that's a tough one, the lack of dedicated players is quite nicely balanced out by the sheer strength of the subforum itself, it would be easy to overlook given it's small profile while anyone trying to disrupt it wouldn't get much even if they did succeed, as unlikely as that would be considering the sheer lumbering strength of the GM, Piecewise, and his unstoppable power that is ER itself.

I can certainly see general discussion being hit the hardest, it's sort of a middle ground between FG&RP and dwarf fortress discussion, easy to target, and can give a lot of power, it may be the biggest battleground around this forum.
Oh man now I wanna make a forum game about a forum war, but more dramatised, not just posts, it's a warfield! Trololos flying overhead and detonating in shrapnel fields of U MAD BRO? While Spooky Scary Skeletons act as the cavalry charge to the forum battlefield, scattering forces simply from the spoopyness.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71332 on: March 05, 2015, 08:28:30 am »

My internet just decided to start slowing down like a mofo, no reason at all. Still plenty of paid stuff and so forth but nope, gonna take forever to buff these vids/images for ya...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71333 on: March 05, 2015, 09:36:06 am »

Bah, I've been so tired lately.  The only thing I've been really doing at the end of the day is load up idle games and just watching.  FML
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #71334 on: March 05, 2015, 10:22:59 am »

So... South Africa, the place where white people basically came in and stole 87% of the land, sending black people into segregated towns that they couldn't leave without having work papers in the abomination that was Apartheid which lasted until the late 1980s/90s, is the only "Enlightened African" location.

This map and its creator. It must die for its crimes, but especially that one.

Yeah. That sounds about par for the course for africa. I mean, it's usually one group of black people oppressing another group of black people, and it often gets more violent (like in Rawanda), but other than that it's pretty standard.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:31:33 am by Bohandas »
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #71335 on: March 05, 2015, 11:31:34 am »

Yes, that's totally an African thing. People oppressing people is definitely not something that happens all around the world.
Love, scriver~

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #71336 on: March 05, 2015, 12:07:22 pm »

This morning it was clear skies and bare ground. At around noon it started raining hard, and at around two the temperature dropped below freezing. Here's the view out my window from around 5 PM.

Some of that haze is my potato, but some of it is the solid sheet of snowfall being driven from left to right.

That's one hazy potato.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71337 on: March 05, 2015, 12:16:07 pm »

ER, now that's a tough one, the lack of dedicated players

What kinda drugs are you on son?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #71338 on: March 05, 2015, 12:18:31 pm »

« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 05:03:15 pm by penguinofhonor »

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #71339 on: March 05, 2015, 12:21:42 pm »

Yeah. That sounds about par for the course for africa. I mean, it's usually one group of black people oppressing another group of black people, and it often gets more violent (like in Rawanda), but other than that it's pretty standard.
Pages: 1 ... 4754 4755 [4756] 4757 4758 ... 11039