Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4710 4711 [4712] 4713 4714 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14514567 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70665 on: February 25, 2015, 10:16:45 pm »

People keep mentioning "the Nexus thread" and I have no idea what it was. Can someone provide a link, or has it been scrubbed from existence all together? If it's the latter, what is it about?

No, the Nexus guy was redirected here by Kravoka, who then apologized. [Kravoka's] avatar was... I think it was a heart.

He was then banned after redirecting trolls from Kongregate here and then warning us about it, seemingly attempting to cause inter-forum drama. An internet turf war, if you will. The redirection on Kongregate, which one of the "trolls" linked to, also contained fanfiction about Putnam and I and referred to us as "autistic hugboxers".
Partial ninja, but still doesn't quite address all my curiosities.
This is the aftermath of it, the Nexus stuff itself got hammered, but this gives a pretty good overview.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70666 on: February 25, 2015, 10:23:46 pm »

Google searching for the Nexus guy's username gives relevant results.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #70667 on: February 25, 2015, 10:27:48 pm »

He also has a line in Xantalos's second sig which sums him up pretty well.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70668 on: February 25, 2015, 10:29:45 pm »

He also has a line in Xantalos's second sig which sums him up pretty well.
Hehehe I'd never seen that before, or at least not recognized it as being part of the Nexus incident.

Also, the thread I linked also explains who Toadburger and Lazycat are, which I found mildly amusing to read (at least the part about Lazycat).

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #70669 on: February 25, 2015, 10:50:15 pm »

I still feel like that guy and all the others were the same guy. Somehow.

Yes even the crap on other webpages.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70670 on: February 25, 2015, 10:58:47 pm »

Funny you mention that, a guy claiming to be Pathos showed up a weeks or two ago.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70671 on: February 25, 2015, 11:00:41 pm »

Huh, I was sure that guy was doing some sort of elaborate parody. He was actually insane?

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70672 on: February 25, 2015, 11:01:46 pm »

Funny you mention that, a guy claiming to be Pathos showed up a weeks or two ago.
Yeah that thread got Toadhammered fairly quickly.  Did anything bad happen or was it just because of what happened with the Grisha thread?

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70673 on: February 25, 2015, 11:07:31 pm »

No, it's just that Pathos and his IP are both banned, so it had to be a troll.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70674 on: February 25, 2015, 11:12:31 pm »

Okay so who is this second Pathos person you are talking about? As in, the orginal Pathos?

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #70675 on: February 25, 2015, 11:15:38 pm »

Huh, I was sure that guy was doing some sort of elaborate parody. He was actually insane?
He wrote hundreds of pages for his manifesto, all of it practically dripping with crazy. Even if he was doing it as some sort of joke or parody he'd need to have been insane to be that dedicated to it.

People keep mentioning "the Nexus thread" and I have no idea what it was. Can someone provide a link, or has it been scrubbed from existence all together? If it's the latter, what is it about?

No, the Nexus guy was redirected here by Kravoka, who then apologized. [Kravoka's] avatar was... I think it was a heart.

He was then banned after redirecting trolls from Kongregate here and then warning us about it, seemingly attempting to cause inter-forum drama. An internet turf war, if you will. The redirection on Kongregate, which one of the "trolls" linked to, also contained fanfiction about Putnam and I and referred to us as "autistic hugboxers".
Partial ninja, but still doesn't quite address all my curiosities.
Crazy guy writes massive crazy manifesto (seriously the thing was absurdly long). It's made the rounds in various places (I found it somewhere on 4chan, don't remember where), mostly because of him trying to get people to listen to him. Kravoka directed him this way, and the guy tried to make a forum game centered around the manifesto featuring him as a literal god. Naturally the thread derailed, and was eventually deleted along with the guy being banned. His name is now verboten to avoid directing attention about his crazy to us.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70676 on: February 25, 2015, 11:21:45 pm »

He wrote hundreds of pages for his manifesto, all of it practically dripping with crazy. Even if he was doing it as some sort of joke or parody he'd need to have been insane to be that dedicated to it.
To be fair, I'd hope that one day I could stage a joke that elaborate. I have plans somewhere around here for a puzzle game that involved forum-wide hidden clues and eventually a parallel forum named Bay 13 complete with all sorts of fake posts authored by me and released over time and a parallel version of DF called Door Fortress in which all your migrants were doors. I still may do it if I ever go completely insane and have way too much free time.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70677 on: February 25, 2015, 11:22:38 pm »

Also, while I'm asking about this stuff, who is Hungry and why is he mentioned in Pathos v.2's thread where he whines about his ban and announces himself as a bandodger (which is a stupid move).

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70678 on: February 25, 2015, 11:23:45 pm »

It's not that hard to spoof IP addresses, or to get a new one by moving altogether.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70679 on: February 25, 2015, 11:25:34 pm »

I got drunk with Pathos just last weekend, he told me he's still around. Watching. Waiting.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 4710 4711 [4712] 4713 4714 ... 11037