Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4667 4668 [4669] 4670 4671 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14442402 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #70020 on: February 17, 2015, 09:20:06 pm »

Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #70021 on: February 17, 2015, 09:23:03 pm »

What's a GCSB?

Golden Cat Smash Bros?
Good Canned Salmon Bones?
Godly Caring Skilled Bunnies?
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70022 on: February 17, 2015, 09:24:44 pm »

Giant Cave Spider Bureau?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #70023 on: February 17, 2015, 09:25:17 pm »

Oh hi, FBI.
There was a quote I heard once, though I can't seem to track it down right now. IIRC it went something like this:
You see, the internet generates something like 2.5 billion gigabytes of data every day. That's way more than the CIA can monitor, even with all of our vast resources. Hell, I don't even think the whole US government could get together the resources to monitor that much! What we do have the resources to do, however, is to make everyone think that we can monitor that much.

The basic gist is that unless you actually go out and do something, or join up with someone who is known to have done something. There is virtually no chance that anyone is going to be willing to spend the resources to dig things up on you when they could be spending them to dig up stuff on the people who are either known bad guys or known collaborators of bad guys. It's like the princeton student who designed an atomic bomb design from publicly available sources at his college, the government didn't do anything at all until he published a term paper on it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70024 on: February 17, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »

Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #70025 on: February 17, 2015, 09:28:27 pm »

Giant Cave Spider Bureau?
Almost. These douchebags.
Isn't everyone in NZ really a sheep though?

/national stereotyping
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #70026 on: February 17, 2015, 09:30:38 pm »

Dawn of the Islamic State of the Apes

(ignore the youtube title >.>)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70027 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:22 pm »

That's what we want you to think.

But then, when you least expect it, we will...
Spoiler: RIIIIIIIISE (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70028 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:57 pm »

NZ confirmed for source of Cyclops builders of R'lyeh.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70029 on: February 17, 2015, 09:34:13 pm »

You've obviously never played Pandemic. NZ is an island and if we all shut down our docks, no problemo, sheeple dealt with.

Well... unless you happen to live on said island... then you're fucked. Then you won't be sheep-shaggers any more, you'll be sheep-shagged :o

(further /national stereotyping)
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #70030 on: February 17, 2015, 09:35:47 pm »

Our air force does have a helicopter, you know. We can fly the sheeple to Australia.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70031 on: February 17, 2015, 09:36:56 pm »

You've obviously never played Pandemic. NZ is an island and if we all shut down our docks, no problemo, sheeple dealt with.
Nonono, it's Madagascar. New Zealand is nasty. But Madagascar? They have one port. One. New Zealand at least has an airport in conjunction.

What's really funny about that game is how countries will SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING and develop a vaccine to eradicate your disease from the face of the earth... over the sniffles.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #70032 on: February 17, 2015, 09:39:40 pm »

i have been playing super metroid for 15 years of my 20-year life and I still can't find my way through Meridia

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70033 on: February 17, 2015, 09:40:48 pm »

Nonono, it's Madagascar. New Zealand is nasty. But Madagascar? They have one port. One. New Zealand at least has an airport in conjunction.

What's really funny about that game is how countries will SHUT DOWN EVERYTHING and develop a vaccine to eradicate your disease from the face of the earth... over the sniffles.

New Zealand is the second most annoying island, though. One of the S. American countries is also a pain in the arse. Peru or Argentina.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #70034 on: February 17, 2015, 09:43:31 pm »

Well... unless you happen to live on said island... then you're fucked. Then you won't be sheep-shaggers any more, you'll be sheep-shagged :o

(further /national stereotyping)
Oy, that's Wales. :P
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Pages: 1 ... 4667 4668 [4669] 4670 4671 ... 11040