Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4648 4649 [4650] 4651 4652 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444120 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69735 on: February 13, 2015, 07:19:20 pm »

Did you read what Truean said at all?

Does it matter what her reasons were for DON'T BUY ME A PRESENT?

Literally the entire problem would have been fixed if he wasn't so self-centered and got her a snickers bar.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #69736 on: February 13, 2015, 07:20:12 pm »

Dude, please calm down.

Again, I don't know what seems to have set you off on this topic but yeah. I'm gonna say ... generally ... when somebody gives you a traditional gift, yelling is neither cool nor necessary. The idea of some guy buying his wife flowers of valentine's day should not = meltdown.

Literally the entire problem would have been fixed if he wasn't so self-centered and got her a snickers bar.

Not sure if trolling. Please don't.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:22:00 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69737 on: February 13, 2015, 07:21:21 pm »

Yeah but I've been in that situation. It is dreadful, her yelling is a natural consequence and I wouldn't put the blame on her for what happened.

Presents are not innocuous.

Not sure if trolling. Please don't

No genuine.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:23:58 pm by Neonivek »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69738 on: February 13, 2015, 07:23:19 pm »

* Orange Wizard tosses his hands in the air and walks out of the thread in confusion.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69739 on: February 13, 2015, 07:24:04 pm »

Yelling is not a natural consequence of getting flowers regardless of if you wanted them or not.
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69740 on: February 13, 2015, 07:24:35 pm »

Yeah but I've been in that situation. It is dreadful, her yelling is a natural consequence and I wouldn't put the blame on her for what happened.

Either, knock off the trollololol if applicable, or chill, or both. 

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69741 on: February 13, 2015, 07:26:29 pm »

Not really.

Well... unless you've been bought a car and can't drive. That's an issue.

Otherwise... what? "I told you not to buy me a gift, but thanks anyway."
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69742 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:55 pm »

Either, knock off the trollololol if applicable, or chill, or both.

It isn't trolling

Yelling is not a natural consequence of getting flowers regardless of if you wanted them or not.

She specifically asked him not to.
---

Anyhow I'll stop but I ask everyone to seriously think about what you are implying here.

Because it is a REALLY jerky thing to do... and you are just expecting her to take it with a smile on her face. As in you are expecting her to ingratiate herself to someone for buying her a gift that she asked not to receive.

Because ask yourself. Was she allowed to say "I don't want these flowers, you can keep them"? and if not, what does that say about the gift? what does that gift obligate her to?
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 07:30:24 pm by Neonivek »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #69743 on: February 13, 2015, 07:29:57 pm »

It can also count as not innocuous if someone got you a beehive and they forgot you were allergic to beestings.
Or were afraid of bees.
Even then, you still don't yell at them, I would just go 'Oh, I'm afraid of bees, sorry dude.'*
*Not actually afraid of bees, so that was more an approximation.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #69744 on: February 13, 2015, 07:32:05 pm »

Well, you must be a joy to buy gifts for.

Personally, when someone buys me a gift, I'm happy because they thought of me. Don't give a flying Fitzgerald what the gift was.

Fucking obligation... no.
Congratulations!

It doesn't count! It isn't the same situation.

"Psh, Diabetics. When I eat chocolate cake I am genuinely happy and feel energized from doing so. I don't know what their problem is"
I can state with 100% certainty that there is literally no-one, ever, who will actually suffer serious health problems from being given presents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Pitt#Biological_warfare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_War#Trojan_Horse
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69746 on: February 13, 2015, 07:40:26 pm »

Because ask yourself. Was she allowed to say "I don't want these flowers, you can keep them"? and if not, what does that say about the gift? what does that gift obligate her to?

At the risk of this being missed after you run off, might I ask what you mean by obligation? Obligation beyond accepting the gift?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #69747 on: February 13, 2015, 07:43:14 pm »

Well, you must be a joy to buy gifts for.

Personally, when someone buys me a gift, I'm happy because they thought of me. Don't give a flying Fitzgerald what the gift was.

Fucking obligation... no.
Congratulations!

It doesn't count! It isn't the same situation.

"Psh, Diabetics. When I eat chocolate cake I am genuinely happy and feel energized from doing so. I don't know what their problem is"
I can state with 100% certainty that there is literally no-one, ever, who will actually suffer serious health problems from being given presents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Pitt#Biological_warfare
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trojan_War#Trojan_Horse

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Fort_Pitt
Love, scriver~

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69748 on: February 13, 2015, 07:44:53 pm »

O dear god will you stop encouraging him? Thou art feeding the troll or the unreasonable. Either way STOP....

You heard it here guys, don't buy your wives gifts.....  ::) And then you can get yelled at for not buying her something? No win situation.

I'd rather live in a world of well meaning but misunderstood gifts than a violent one.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2015, 09:08:20 pm by Truean »

Please don't quote me.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69749 on: February 13, 2015, 07:45:55 pm »

At the risk of this being missed after you run off, might I ask what you mean by obligation? Obligation beyond accepting the gift?

Well I was still here. I was just WAAAAY to passionate and I could have argued this for days, which isn't good for board cohesion.

If you accept the gift you have to be "grateful" for the gift as well, you have to "appreciate" the gift.

You heard it here guys, don't buy your wives gifts

Buy her something small like a Mars Bar.
Pages: 1 ... 4648 4649 [4650] 4651 4652 ... 11040