Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14502803 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #69630 on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:14 pm »

Canada will happily watch.

"Europe, get the popcorn!"
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69631 on: February 12, 2015, 06:45:47 pm »

Top kek m8
Apparently you're a few forevers too late to start that.
I admit that me and my party have been discussing the concept of a War on God for some time now and that some have attempted several 'prototype' battles prior to this official statement. I cannot deny that the war hasn't already started. But I can firmly deny any allegations of any members of my party being paid off by the Community of Islamic Homosexuals against Christmas or Youth Obeying Lucifer's Orders, because that is completely relevant to the issue.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69632 on: February 12, 2015, 06:46:02 pm »

Welp, time for me to get a gun, I guess.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69633 on: February 12, 2015, 06:50:10 pm »

"We'll bring a barbecue. Australia, can you grab some chairs?"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #69634 on: February 12, 2015, 06:52:20 pm »

"Guys, wait up! I want to watch the stereotypes fight!"
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69635 on: February 12, 2015, 06:57:36 pm »

Don't be ridiculous.  First we have to finish the campaign on Christmas.

On-topic:
I went out to eat and was a bit confused by the check ritual.  So many stages.

First, the server noticed I was probably done and asked me.  I confirmed it, so she left to get the check.
A few minutes later she came back with the check and said she'd be right back something-something.  The paper had a line underneath the total for someone to write in.  No label on the line, and no pen.  Having had two pints and being a bit distracted by TVs/smartphone/tip-math, I thought she was coming back with a pen. 
She walked past me about a minute later as I read and enjoyed the atmosphere/buzz.  She didn't say anything, just smiled awkwardly, and I remembered how it was supposed to go.
I put my card on the little plastic dish and watched the TV another couple minutes.
Sure enough, this time she picked up the dish with my card.
Another minute or so and she came back with my card and the paper of actual purpose, with lines for tip, total, and signature.

I've always found it weird that they run your card, *then* give you a paper to decide how much you want to pay.  The whole process takes far longer than it needs to.  It was something of a WTF moment for me, encountering the process for the first time in a while, but I'm sure the real WTF moment is that someone could forget  :P

Bonus round:  Early on she asked me how the burger was and I said it was really good.  About 10 seconds later I realized I hadn't touched it yet, just the fries and pint.  It had been such a reflex on both our parts.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69636 on: February 12, 2015, 07:00:36 pm »

"Can we get a keg? I think there should be a keg."
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #69637 on: February 12, 2015, 07:03:12 pm »

It's not seditious until high-ranking government officials start selling state secrets to God, and as an immortal transcendent being I don't think God has much of a use for Top-Secret files and troop dispersion orders.

Well, seeing as God is omniscient and most likely has no security clearance, someone has to be to blame for him knowing these secrets.

Personally, I blame wikileaks for leaking that knowledge to God.
So we can confirm that God possesses both highly valuable information pertaining to America's national security (And everything else about America besides) and highly dangerous WMDs which He is not afraid to use, as proven by His terrorist attacks on Sodom and Gommorrah. This means that a terrorist capable of destroying everything we hold dear is capable of executing an attack on America that our mathematicians confirm would be 9/11 times Pearl Harbor multiplied by a bazillion.
This means that the American government has full reason to invade Heaven.
Gentleman, it is time to begin the War on God.
Well, we've already started writing books about it. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #69638 on: February 12, 2015, 07:09:07 pm »

"Can we get a keg? I think there should be a keg."
"What about cake? Everyone likes cake."

Wait, what am I saying? I'm in the US!

Uh... Canada! I need a visa. I'm a British citizen, and you pay taxes to the queen, give me a visa!
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #69639 on: February 12, 2015, 07:09:31 pm »

It's not seditious until high-ranking government officials start selling state secrets to God, and as an immortal transcendent being I don't think God has much of a use for Top-Secret files and troop dispersion orders.

Well, seeing as God is omniscient and most likely has no security clearance, someone has to be to blame for him knowing these secrets.

Personally, I blame wikileaks for leaking that knowledge to God.
So we can confirm that God possesses both highly valuable information pertaining to America's national security (And everything else about America besides) and highly dangerous WMDs which He is not afraid to use, as proven by His terrorist attacks on Sodom and Gommorrah. This means that a terrorist capable of destroying everything we hold dear is capable of executing an attack on America that our mathematicians confirm would be 9/11 times Pearl Harbor multiplied by a bazillion.
This means that the American government has full reason to invade Heaven.
Gentleman, it is time to begin the War on God.
Well, we've already started writing books about it. :P
I was wondering when someone was going to catch that reference. :D

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #69640 on: February 12, 2015, 07:24:48 pm »

I've always found it weird that they run your card, *then* give you a paper to decide how much you want to pay.  The whole process takes far longer than it needs to.  It was something of a WTF moment for me, encountering the process for the first time in a while, but I'm sure the real WTF moment is that someone could forget  :P

Bonus round:  Early on she asked me how the burger was and I said it was really good.  About 10 seconds later I realized I hadn't touched it yet, just the fries and pint.  It had been such a reflex on both our parts.

There's no tip line on the initial piece of paper because if you're paying with cash, you just leave cash on the table.

They don't just put it there anyway for card users because they need to scan the card to print out the second piece of paper, so they have to come back anyway.

They have to come back with a second piece of paper because that's how credit card transactions work - they give you that so you can look over it and verify everything is correct and sign it to authorize it.

They can't print the second piece of paper first because they don't have your card yet.

If you're paying with cash, unless you've always got exact change on you the waiter/waitress has to come back anyway to give you change... so it's not really any slower then cash.

I guess they could speed it up a little by asking if you're going to pay with a card then taking your card before you order, and bringing it back with the second piece of paper (which is now the first piece of paper)... but that would be kind of awkward.

And...that's why it works the way it does.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #69641 on: February 12, 2015, 07:27:14 pm »

Alternately, some restaurants give you a bill to take to the cash register. But that doesn't happen in anything vaguely making attempts at being fancy.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #69642 on: February 12, 2015, 07:36:46 pm »

Most restaurants in NZ get you to go up to the counter to pay. They record all your orders and you verify everything there. No written invoices or whatever.

We do the cheque thing if it's a very fancy place, though, it's just not common.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #69643 on: February 12, 2015, 08:06:39 pm »

I... did not know there were hatoful boyfriend body pillows. Neat(?).
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69644 on: February 12, 2015, 08:07:08 pm »

I always preferred taking the check up, yeah.  Maybe *because* the ritual is associated with fancy (overpriced) places.  My favorite restaurant, a mexican place, worked that way (had mints at the cashier, too!).  Though this was a local brewery and pizzeria, not really pretentious.

Thanks for the explanation, I guess that makes sense...  Though seems like they *could* just give everyone the creditcard-style sheet from the start, and save a step.  Running my card doesn't tell them anything except potentially that I'm good for the meal - and they already assumed that by charging me after eating.  Though...  This way if I try to pay with a bad card, they find out before I'm supposed to leave.

I think I understand it now, thanks.  Sorry for thinking aloud.  I still prefer taking the check up myself, but presentation is... important.  I'm not supposed to *like* it, it's supposed to be impressive.  No important person would stand in line at a cash register, even if it has free mints.

Best taco I ever had was at a taco truck.  They didn't have mints, but they did have free jalapenos...  Was literally scraping my tongue for a few minutes there.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 4641 4642 [4643] 4644 4645 ... 11037