Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4587 4588 [4589] 4590 4591 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14432120 times)

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68820 on: February 02, 2015, 11:34:17 pm »

Female circumcision is actually almost always done by the women of those cultures. Traditional african men don't deal well with female bits at the best of times. There's a high degree of segregation between men's stuff and women's stuff, which is key to how those cultures operate. In this case, no way in hell you're getting some hunter dude to perform surgery on a little girls' privates. They just wouldn't.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 11:39:07 pm by Reelya »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68821 on: February 02, 2015, 11:37:12 pm »

I wonder why? :P
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68822 on: February 02, 2015, 11:43:40 pm »

Just had some scruffy, long-bearded old dude carrying a potted plant ask for a few moments of my time.
He told me to note down a web address, then went on to explain that it was for some sort of fundraiser put together by himself and some friends to stop female circumcision- apparently a big thing in Africa?- by travelling over there, circumcising the men responsible and taking their 'bits' as trophies.
The plan also involved surfing across/around volcanoes or something along those lines, but by that point I was rather lost and just nodded dumbly along in bewilderment.

This town sure has some characters.
Yeah, a lot of the tribal groups that practice painful unhygienic female circumcision also practice slightly-less-painful-and-unhygienic male circumcision, so I don't think he'd have to do much work to equal things out or whatever.

Lava surfing sounds fun though.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68823 on: February 02, 2015, 11:52:06 pm »

I'd totally get behind a fundraiser for lava surfing.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68824 on: February 02, 2015, 11:56:54 pm »

He probably was talking about the female-performed ritual, then. I couldn't understand him all that well. *shrug*
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68825 on: February 02, 2015, 11:59:35 pm »

I'm assuming the plant was of the 'medicinal' variety?
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68826 on: February 03, 2015, 01:00:27 am »

apparently my school is using tuition money to advance a political agenda and is (probably illegally) hiding that fact from everyone. god dammit. ::) i have also been fanagled into student government to procure funding for the anthropology club field school. at least i win the place by default as i am the only one who "wants" the position.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68827 on: February 03, 2015, 01:39:32 am »

What kind of political agenda?
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68828 on: February 03, 2015, 01:45:58 am »

What kind of political agenda?
the kind that my professor wont go into as not to cause trouble. i t has something to do with large amounts of money that students would be not to happy about apparently. i vary much trust and respect Dr. Holley and he thinks its not worth it to try and fix it.

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68829 on: February 03, 2015, 02:58:49 am »

Spoiler: It's the Nexian agenda.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68830 on: February 03, 2015, 04:13:47 am »

I've noticed something

The "Casual" Tag in Steam

Is pretty much the tag for garbage... Is there an exception?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #68831 on: February 03, 2015, 04:38:02 am »

I've noticed something

Is pretty much the tag for garbage...

That sounds about right
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68832 on: February 03, 2015, 07:06:23 am »

Your prof is talking about anything from inviting Obama to speak at your school (mine did, back in 2008) holding dinners to honor people (who push their own agenda) to handing our favors to allowing certain people a lot more access to just favoring one person in the style of good old gossip

:|  schools do a lot of iffy things, but so do all socially involved instituitions.
       Some just dont think its 'fair'
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #68833 on: February 03, 2015, 07:16:54 am »

Female circumcision is actually almost always done by the women of those cultures. Traditional african men don't deal well with female bits at the best of times. There's a high degree of segregation between men's stuff and women's stuff, which is key to how those cultures operate. In this case, no way in hell you're getting some hunter dude to perform surgery on a little girls' privates. They just wouldn't.
Dunno, just read recently that at least in Egypt it's done by male doctors since they are the ones around in semi-urbanized areas. BUT this could just be a thing in more "civilized" settlements like bigger villages/towns (some locals were even talking how great it is they can take their daughters to the doctors to have a "proper" surgery) and in more traditional/tribal societies it's done by a women. Pretty terrible either way.

I'm all in for lava surfing though.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68834 on: February 03, 2015, 07:36:06 am »

I've noticed something

Is pretty much the tag for garbage... Is there an exception?
A quest!

Hmm, well, I've heard good things about Euro Truck simulator 2. Game dev tycoon was ok. Castle crashes is another I haven't played but heard good things about. Papers please is pretty acclaimed, I enjoyed the demo thing. Scriblenaughts is cute fun. Limbo was good too. That was like, 6 page of the best sellers list.

So, summary, yes, lot's of shit, but some gems too.
Pages: 1 ... 4587 4588 [4589] 4590 4591 ... 11039