Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4576 4577 [4578] 4579 4580 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444343 times)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68655 on: January 30, 2015, 03:02:06 pm »

How do you determine so much about all these people at a glance? Do they all actually just stand there yelling HEY, I'M SUPER NICE BUT NO ONE DATES ME, WANT TO TALK ABOUT TF2?! ALSO I DON'T BELIEVE IN A HIGHER POWER!

We, a community dedicated around a niche game of ASCII characters representing psychopathic dwarves, are now profiling and judging other people who we don't even really know? Have we sunk this far? (also, spell correct really want's me to correct dwarves to wharves... wtf?). And does this topic really have to come up AGAIN?! Didn't someone just request we stop talking about this yesterday? Need we fall down this slippery slope over and over? We've already lost too many forum members to this...

I actually associate with these people, it's not at a glance. I was one myself ~5 years ago, even. It seems universal, too; there's a manga that I just remembered called "No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!" that is about one of these types (in a sympathetic light). Basically, it seems like a sort of coping mechanism for social anxiety, blaming others for it, which basically comes out as misanthropy and some sort of ironic "smarter-than-thou"ness.

Source? Context?

I have a very large feeling that that's a 4chan photoshop.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68656 on: January 30, 2015, 03:06:37 pm »

How do you determine so much about all these people at a glance? Do they all actually just stand there yelling HEY, I'M SUPER NICE BUT NO ONE DATES ME, WANT TO TALK ABOUT TF2?! ALSO I DON'T BELIEVE IN A HIGHER POWER!

We, a community dedicated around a niche game of ASCII characters representing psychopathic dwarves, are now profiling and judging other people who we don't even really know? Have we sunk this far? (also, spell correct really want's me to correct dwarves to wharves... wtf?). And does this topic really have to come up AGAIN?! Didn't someone just request we stop talking about this yesterday? Need we fall down this slippery slope over and over? We've already lost too many forum members to this...

I actually associate with these people, it's not at a glance. I was one myself ~5 years ago, even. It seems universal, too; there's a manga that I just remembered called "No Matter How I Look at It, It’s You Guys' Fault I’m Not Popular!" that is about one of these types (in a sympathetic light). Basically, it seems like a sort of coping mechanism for social anxiety, blaming others for it, which basically comes out as misanthropy and some sort of ironic "smarter-than-thou"ness.

Source? Context?

I have a very large feeling that that's a 4chan photoshop.
Ok, fair enough. Although I'm still pretty sure this topic will sail in to dangerous waters soon if we keep it on it's current heading.
* timferius basks in nautical metaphor.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #68657 on: January 30, 2015, 03:07:59 pm »

You americans do put your flag everywhere.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My country wins :P
Or loses, hehe.

One, two, three, four; I declare a thumbflag war!
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68658 on: January 30, 2015, 03:11:30 pm »

The English automatically win any competition involving putting your flag everywhere. They put theirs inside the flags of other countries!
Spoiler: Flagception (click to show/hide)

edited for hugeness
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68659 on: January 30, 2015, 03:13:59 pm »

The English automatically win any competition involving putting your flag everywhere. They put theirs inside the flags of other countries!

edited for hugeness
And other countries provinces:
Spoiler: Ontario Flag (click to show/hide)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #68660 on: January 30, 2015, 03:14:41 pm »

edited for hugeness
And is, in itself, composed of different flags from each Kingdom! (Except Wales, which was part of England at the time.)
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #68661 on: January 30, 2015, 03:16:46 pm »

You americans do put your flag everywhere.

My country wins :P
Or loses, hehe.

One, two, three, four; I declare a thumbflag war!

« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 03:19:38 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68662 on: January 30, 2015, 03:23:00 pm »

And they get all the villainy of their competitors. :P
  The price of being at the top is being lonely.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68663 on: January 30, 2015, 03:32:25 pm »

And they get all the villainy of their competitors. :P
  The price of being at the top is being lonely.
So Lonely...
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #68664 on: January 30, 2015, 04:05:21 pm »

No clue, picked it up off a /d/ humour thread.
Your guess and/or reverse image search is as good as mine.
Probably found the source. Seems to be a manga called Kangoku Gakuen. Plot is basically that 5 boys are transferred to what was originally an all girl school. Looks like it's choc full of ecchi and bound for some kind of harem plot so it's probably complete trash. That one panel is hilarious though.

Oh hey, Watamote. Having watched some of the anime, I wouldn't call Watamote "sympathetic" towards socially awkward people. Maybe the manga and light novels are, but the anime is basically a cringe comedy that's possibly the most cringey thing I've tried to watch. There's small victories for the socially awkward main character, but most of the time she's the universe's butt monkey and she never seems to make any progress towards her goal of not being a socially awkward butt monkey. And I'd imagine most of her awkwardness is exaggerated beyond what would be normal (or at least common, I'm sure there's real people as awkward) in real life for the sake of humor.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68665 on: January 30, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »

Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68666 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:12 pm »

Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68667 on: January 30, 2015, 04:36:49 pm »

oh my god why
this belongs here m8
why is this a thing
* Tawarochir reads url

NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68668 on: January 30, 2015, 04:40:41 pm »

why is this a thing
Children's shows are horrifying.  These days they're straight screwy, but they still have plenty of horror in them.
  If it helps most children can't grasp that kind of thing.  Its just plot advancements.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #68669 on: January 30, 2015, 04:41:37 pm »

Why did I just volunteer to go to a banquet. I mean, sure, it's free food, but I'll have to pretend to be civilized for hours.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4576 4577 [4578] 4579 4580 ... 11040