Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4572 4573 [4574] 4575 4576 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14444670 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68595 on: January 29, 2015, 07:05:37 pm »

can we seriously stop the "disagree with Tumblr social justice = neckbearded fedoratarian"?
Have you even read this thread? It's just absurd faked overreactions and circlejerking. It's like watching a fucking Pewdiepie video.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68596 on: January 29, 2015, 07:07:11 pm »

When will people accept that emotion threads are not a good place to discuss Gender?

Do people want to get banned?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68597 on: January 29, 2015, 07:14:24 pm »

Do people want to get banned?
Maybe we all secretly want to play chicken with Toady.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68598 on: January 29, 2015, 07:19:08 pm »

Wait.  You don't get banned for discussing topics, you get banned for violations of the rules.  Its when blood pressure starts rising, and immoderation occurs. :\

Its when people start making claims and then don't discuss them, instead polarizing the thread.  Meh.  The rules seem pretty simple.  I understand guiding people and reminding them . . .
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68599 on: January 29, 2015, 07:33:09 pm »

When will people accept that emotion threads are not a good place to discuss Gender?
Nowhere is a good place to discuss gender.

As such, I will provide my WTF for the day in an attempt to change the subject:

Lately, I've been going to bed about the same time as normal (sometime just after midnight). Normally, I sleep through the night and wake up in the late morning. This works fine because I don't have anything to get up for, and even once my semester starts I have afternoon classes which I don't need to get up early for.
Anyway, these past few nights I've been waking up at 6-7 o'clock in the morning for no discernible reason, and sleeping fitfully though to the early afternoon. It's not restful in the slightest, and even when I do get up, I'm yawning and tired for the rest of the day.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68600 on: January 29, 2015, 07:59:23 pm »

The neighbor has dumped out what appears to be a can of spaghettios on the lawn....

I have no fucking clue, but this is a thing and it happened and she did it. Its either wasted if not gone bad or stupid if the stuff had gone bad. I have seen trash cans be used over there, but not this time, and I just don't even know anymore.

Congratulations every pest in the neighborhood will be around promptly. I don't know what to say. The hell is wrong with this woman....
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68601 on: January 29, 2015, 08:13:10 pm »

Looks like people adding one line at a time.

It wasn't, it all had the same handwriting.

Clearly this man has very insightful commentary on the nature of the world today. There was actually more, most of it illegible because it was painted over. (Not well though. It can still be seen under the paint.)

I mean, there weren't more lines to that paragraph (I guess you can call it that?) but there were others like it in the stall. All by the same person too.

Here's another one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68602 on: January 29, 2015, 08:20:14 pm »

This guy's ramblings deserve to go into your terrible fan fiction thread. :P

EDIT: Also, It's impossible to kill your average joe with arsenic in d20 Modern.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:40:30 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68603 on: January 29, 2015, 08:40:25 pm »

On Controversy and Bay12

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
---

In other new the problem isn't so much that the characters have a low opinion of their body

So much that their descriptions, their own descriptions, are of a beautiful person.

What person goes "I am ugly" then describes themselves as beautiful? The point is that they usually focus on flaws.

It is if I said "Ohh many I am ugly, I just have fair clean skin, shiny soft hair, deep brown eyes"... sounds like I am just complimenting myself doesn't it?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:51:53 pm by Neonivek »

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #68604 on: January 29, 2015, 10:19:44 pm »

I never understood the whole Fedora=Reddit using jerkwad.

Shame, I quite like the hat. Looks good on a suit. Wish I still had mine, but it doesn't fit.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68605 on: January 29, 2015, 10:25:03 pm »

I wish I could make a "Fedora" flowchart, where the first choice is "Do you want to wear a fedora/trillby/whatever?", and the answers "yes" and "no" both lead to "don't wear a fedora"

The thing is that it's a style from a different time when people wore hats that actually fit them, and it's a hard af look that not many people can pull off.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #68606 on: January 29, 2015, 10:25:33 pm »

If you unironically use "fedora" or "neckbeard" as an insult, there's a good chance that I will never take anything you say seriously, ever again.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68607 on: January 29, 2015, 10:26:42 pm »

I personally associate fedoras with piss, and I'm probably not the only one.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #68608 on: January 29, 2015, 10:27:31 pm »

If you unironically wear a "fedora" or grow a "neckbeard," there's a good chance that I will never take anything you say seriously, ever again.

well

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #68609 on: January 29, 2015, 10:31:50 pm »

In other new the problem isn't so much that the characters have a low opinion of their body

So much that their descriptions, their own descriptions, are of a beautiful person.

What person goes "I am ugly" then describes themselves as beautiful? The point is that they usually focus on flaws.

It is if I said "Ohh many I am ugly, I just have fair clean skin, shiny soft hair, deep brown eyes"... sounds like I am just complimenting myself doesn't it?

That sort of thing can work, if a work takes place in an area where the traits in question aren't positive beauty norms (Ayla from Clan of The Cave Bear (a Cro-Magnon raised by Neanderthals is a good example of this in published fiction); or else is claiming something like "I'm ugly despite these traits, because my nose is too pointy and my shiny hair makes me look like a rat", but that is quite rare.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 4572 4573 [4574] 4575 4576 ... 11040