Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4570 4571 [4572] 4573 4574 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14448987 times)

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68565 on: January 29, 2015, 05:14:55 pm »

One day, I will find you. You will not like being found.

:P
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #68566 on: January 29, 2015, 05:33:49 pm »

Personally, I don't think I could hit a woman except under duress, though the same can be said for men. Really, I try to avoid violence where I can, and I've not been in the situation of being confronted by a violent woman. So anything I'd say on what I'd do would be pure conjecture.

What does annoy me, though, is when in a story a woman is being provocative and shoving, kicking etc. and the man retaliates in kind. Invariably, it is depicted as an abhorrent act for the man to do so.

I suppose it has something to do with a man tending to be physically stronger, so any physical fight wouldn't be fair. Still, if it has to be done for your own safety, it should be done.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68567 on: January 29, 2015, 05:34:35 pm »

I've just thought, what is it with the whole 'do not hit women!' mentality? If a woman backs you into a corner and kicks you, why is it socially unacceptable to kick them back, but if a man did the same nobody would bat an eyelid? I mean, if I saw it I'd not blame the person for kicking them in either situation.

There's my WTF for the day. Society! Yay for arbitraryness!
Testosterone increases neurotransmitters, which encourage tissue growth. It also interacts with nuclear receptors in DNA, which causes protein synthesis. Testosterone increases levels of growth hormone. That makes exercise more likely to build muscle.

Testosterone increases bone density and tells the bone marrow to manufacture red blood cells. Men with very low levels of testosterone are more likely to suffer from bone fractures and breaks.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Ddynamo

• Bay Watcher
  • The difference between something and whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68568 on: January 29, 2015, 05:50:43 pm »

Sometimes I feel like the only sane man in my school. I found this graffiti in the bathroom today. It's nothing vulgar, just very, very odd. Spelling and capitalization errors are kept.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68569 on: January 29, 2015, 05:52:28 pm »

I remember bringing up that my main problem with feminism was how it's only interested in fixing harmful gender roles when it's to women's benefit. The utter silence on various chivalric rules like "Don't hit women" is one of the most obvious examples. That "rule" made sense in an era when women were conversely socially conditioned to be docile and not act aggressively toward men. Now, of course, we have gotten rid of that stupid concept but retained the converse so men are still expected to treat women like fragile flowers who must never come to harm while women are now at liberty (if obviously not encouraged) to act aggressively toward and outright assault men.

I'm probably just in a very bad mood about gender issues after seeing this.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68570 on: January 29, 2015, 05:53:34 pm »

Sometimes I feel like the only sane man in my school. I found this graffiti in the bathroom today. It's nothing vulgar, just very, very odd. Spelling and capitalization errors are kept.

what
the
hell
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #68571 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:18 pm »

probably just an english major

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68572 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:36 pm »

That's actually good for bathroom graffiti.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Owlga

• Bay Watcher
  • Turbo times two
    • View Profile
« Reply #68573 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:50 pm »

Looks like people adding one line at a time.
Quote from: Cupaketan
if u cant taek a cake, dont do a bake, in a kitchen
so u hav2 leve it ok bc its 2 hot 4u
Owlga is the chillest anime girl ever.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68574 on: January 29, 2015, 05:54:58 pm »

EDIT: ArK, so basically the POTENTIAL for muscle? If a scrawny guy hit a scrawny girl the reaction would almost invariably be the same. If someone fought back against a stronger girl, the reaction would probably be the same. Just saying 'because testosterone' is a terrible argument when it goes well beyond that. It's the same vein of problems as female-on-male abuse being taken less seriously and such.
This is true but it is the standard argument in favor for the stigma.

SigText
I logged back on ;_;

StupidElves

• Bay Watcher
  • I coveted that wind, I suppose.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68575 on: January 29, 2015, 06:10:32 pm »

I remember bringing up that my main problem with feminism was how it's only interested in fixing harmful gender roles when it's to women's benefit. The utter silence on various chivalric rules like "Don't hit women" is one of the most obvious examples. That "rule" made sense in an era when women were conversely socially conditioned to be docile and not act aggressively toward men. Now, of course, we have gotten rid of that stupid concept but retained the converse so men are still expected to treat women like fragile flowers who must never come to harm while women are now at liberty (if obviously not encouraged) to act aggressively toward and outright assault men.

That is... NO! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? NO! NO! NO! Men are fucking victims, too! You- argh!

* greatorder has gone stark raving mad!

This reminds me of a thing I saw on tumblr. Yes, it as stupid as you think. Yes, it does deal with sexism. Here it is!
Accidentally made over 5000 copper maces once. I have no idea how that happened.

GENERATION 29:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68576 on: January 29, 2015, 06:13:31 pm »

I stopped reading after "I heard this the other day", which is shorthand for "This is some bullshit claim that has no basis beyond some anecdote that just happens to support my views".

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #68577 on: January 29, 2015, 06:15:08 pm »

That is... NO! WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH YOU!? NO! NO! NO! Men are fucking victims, too! You- argh!

* greatorder has gone stark raving mad!

This reminds me of a thing I saw on tumblr. Yes, it as stupid as you think. Yes, it does deal with sexism. Here it is!
That looks like a poe. If it's not, I want to burn something to distract me from bludgeoning my head.
* Tawarochir pretends to be part of the famed Monty Python and the Holy Grail witch burning scene.

BURN HER

BURN THE WITCH
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #68578 on: January 29, 2015, 06:16:20 pm »

That looks like a poe. If it's not, I want to burn something to distract me from bludgeoning my head.
If not a poe: On the bright side it just means that hate is equal opportunity. Equality ho!
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68579 on: January 29, 2015, 06:18:08 pm »

I stopped reading after "I heard this the other day", which is shorthand for "This is some bullshit claim that has no basis beyond some anecdote that just happens to support my views".
I do the same with "I read on the internet/in a book," "A friend told me," "I remember hearing," and a few other sentence openings. They all mean, "I'm willing to make stuff up to win an argument."

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4570 4571 [4572] 4573 4574 ... 11040