Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4567 4568 [4569] 4570 4571 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14443182 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68520 on: January 29, 2015, 02:09:38 am »

Surfing the web, I somehow managed to stumble upon this.

Apparently, 12.5% of African blood can now make a man fully black. It's not that this is somehow wrong, this is just... wierd. By that logic, I can claim to be of Mongoloid descent, and that feels rather, I don't know, strained?

Given that "race" is pretty much entirely made up...

Does it surprise you?

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #68521 on: January 29, 2015, 02:18:32 am »

I guess if you're 12.5% black in eighteenth century Russia you'll be the black compared to everyone else?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #68522 on: January 29, 2015, 03:08:54 am »

So TUL starts showing up on this other forum that I had been on earlier, not my fault this time, and I'm wondering. Am I his herald now?
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.
By the way, I found Grisha5 there. Also, sigged.
Ah, thanks. I think it's been a while since I was legitimately sigged (unless people have been secretly sigging me behind my back).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #68523 on: January 29, 2015, 03:40:57 am »

Me: Hey, I should check Bay12!

*a few moments later*

Me: SO MUCH SPAM
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68524 on: January 29, 2015, 08:57:38 am »

Because the whole thing is sexist, that's why.

What is the real definition then? clearly the one I was given is completely wrong, so what is the real one? Since there is nothing in the definition about being "Owed" anything.

Ohh well, I'll drop it... I'll talk to someone a bit more knowledgeable about this then.
Women don't like to be treated in a calculated manner by men who want their vagina and will as soon stop talking to them as be friends with them.
  And many men find the concept *apalling* too.

It's the thought that skeeves people out.  I've always had a problem with all the 'phobes' thrown about, because of its political slant; for instance.

---
I personally find the general theories PUAs provide not only situationally work, but encompass basic psychology and can be applied for all relationships.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:06:48 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68525 on: January 29, 2015, 09:27:32 am »

Me: Hey, I should check Bay12!

*a few moments later*

Me: SO MUCH SPAM

DF General Discussion is literally full of spam written in some kind of Asian script. All except one, which has a topic like that but "this topic has been moved to DF: Announcements." I wonder what it's for. It wants us to book our trip to Seoul, and then something about a massage.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 09:30:25 am by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #68526 on: January 29, 2015, 09:55:28 am »

Surfing the web, I somehow managed to stumble upon this.

Apparently, 12.5% of African blood can now make a man fully black. It's not that this is somehow wrong, this is just... wierd. By that logic, I can claim to be of Mongoloid descent, and that feels rather, I don't know, strained?
This just in: the entire human race is black on account of humans evolving in southern Africa.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68527 on: January 29, 2015, 09:55:44 am »

So many spambots... And not a kitchen bot in sight o_O
What is this madness?
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68529 on: January 29, 2015, 11:52:43 am »

And they all seem to be the same, for some massage service.
Here's the linked website translated via Google:

Massage business trip , traveling massage , massage business trip in Seoul , Gyeonggi massage business trip , traveling massage Maxim [PHONE NUMBER]

Hi Maxim massage business trip .

Our maxim massage business trip in the busy downtown office workers tired , due to the stresses of everyday life

All of them would like to help with fatigue, physical and mental health are committed to the best service massage business trip .

24 hours , please contact us to travel massage massage business trip will serve friendly and comfortable at any time .

Our maxim massage business trip does not require absolute seonipgeum .

Gave me an hour of free time to meet your desired appreciate you can do the reservation .

We will do our best to give you rejuvenate their own clean.

Consultation. If you have any questions, please feel free to call [PHONE NUMBER AGAIN]
24 hours in a friendly and always happy to answer in detail.

Thank you so much love from you.

Maxim massage business trip ☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞ Call

Send Maxim massage business trip ☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞☞ characters
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 11:55:33 am by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68530 on: January 29, 2015, 11:53:44 am »

No, I'm pretty sure Bay12 has become self-aware and will now form Skynet
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68531 on: January 29, 2015, 12:32:29 pm »

WTF of the day:
My friends sister is trying to convince her that black people can't be racist. When my friend protested, the only argument was to send one of the imigur movie quote picture chain things from some movie that supported that point of view. Apparently we don't need to back up our points with facts any more, but with imigur pictures.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #68532 on: January 29, 2015, 12:36:09 pm »

I personally find the general theories PUAs provide not only situationally work, but encompass basic psychology and can be applied for all relationships.

It is, perhaps, because the stuff that is correct, is correct, and basic enough to be widely recognized. Or, in other words, you could find in any random psych textbook. If anything, the theories that are not ripped out of a textbook are hilariously wrong factually and/or ethically at worst and overgeneralizing at best.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #68533 on: January 29, 2015, 12:37:39 pm »

WTF of the day:
My friends sister is trying to convince her that black people can't be racist. When my friend protested, the only argument was to send one of the imigur movie quote picture chain things from some movie that supported that point of view. Apparently we don't need to back up our points with facts any more, but with imigur pictures.
What was that?
black people can't be racist
Excuse me, what?
Black people can't be racist
* BlitzDungeoneer flips a table.
Fucking hell, are you serious?
Personally, this would make me rage.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68534 on: January 29, 2015, 12:42:01 pm »

The quote basically re-defines racism as not at all what racism is, then says "see, black people can't be that".
Pages: 1 ... 4567 4568 [4569] 4570 4571 ... 11040