Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 11039

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14431971 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #68160 on: January 22, 2015, 06:43:47 pm »

Caroline: IIRC, you're somewhere in Latin America and therefore it's probably safe to guess that this school/teacher Catholic. If this is the case, check out paragraph 159 straight out of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It basically states the official Church position that science isn't mutually exclusive with faith. There's a whole bunch more on Evolution in particular over on Wikipedia.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68161 on: January 22, 2015, 06:52:04 pm »

Caroline: IIRC, you're somewhere in Latin America and therefore it's probably safe to guess that this school/teacher Catholic. If this is the case, check out paragraph 159 straight out of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. It basically states the official Church position that science isn't mutually exclusive with faith. There's a whole bunch more on Evolution in particular over on Wikipedia.
Stuff like this is what I meant in my post, yeah. :D

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68162 on: January 22, 2015, 07:03:55 pm »

Dude: "So, you believe in the bible?!"
Me: "Well, I do. I just don't believe everything is meant to be taken literally."
Dude: "So you're gonna get married?!"
That's one hell of a non sequitur.
Actually the world's worst proposal probe.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Moghjubar

• Bay Watcher
  • Science gets you to space.
    • View Profile
    • Demon Legend
« Reply #68163 on: January 22, 2015, 07:23:46 pm »

-Idiots think that evolution is incompatible with Christianity-
I thought only Americans were that dumb.

Richard Dawkins.

But he just doesn't like religion, so... yeah.

Evolution is incompatible with certain religions, but just saying "Christianity" leaves out the actually several thousand (more really, as each person has varying beliefs of their own and thats technically a religion difference) branches of Christianity that believe wild and crazy different things.  Of course, the branching of religion and why for some reason it all gets lumped into one major category is probably a topic for another thread.
Steam ID
Making things in Unity
Current Project: Demon Legend
Also working on THIS! Farworld Pioneers
Mastodon

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #68164 on: January 22, 2015, 07:26:08 pm »

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/big-profits--big-layoffs--amex--ebay-to-cut-jobs-154221346.html

Tax the daylights out of them until they start hiring.... Big Profits AND big layoffs...?
If this shit keeps happening, I say we start sending Wall St. treasure maps to Barbara Streisand's house. Then they'll have to listen to her!
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 07:27:54 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #68165 on: January 22, 2015, 08:09:34 pm »

Everyone everywhere is varying degrees of stupid.
I should add this to my sig. May I?
Please do.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68166 on: January 22, 2015, 08:09:55 pm »

I went to a screening of a documentary because it sounded interesting. Also, there was free pizza and extra credit to any students from at least one several-hundred-person course, and the auditorium was still barely half full.

Either Thursday evenings are a very busy time for some people or the premise must have sounded really boring, because I have always had the impression that college students will cut off fingers for free food and whole limbs for extra credit.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #68167 on: January 22, 2015, 08:15:02 pm »

Thursday evening were always drinking nights, no?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68168 on: January 22, 2015, 08:15:56 pm »

Thursday evening were always drinking nights, no?
Thursday nights, yes. This was from 6 to 7, though, which is generally a little early.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68169 on: January 22, 2015, 08:19:06 pm »

Everyone everywhere is varying degrees of stupid.
I should add this to my sig. May I?
Please do.
Added to sigtext. Thanks. (May be rotated out to current sig sometime, but I just changed it and changing it too often defeats the point of a signature.)
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #68170 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:09 pm »

I want to explain things to them, but I'm too scared.

Share the power of free thought Caroline :D
Blindly following without understanding would...lead to varying outcomes, with some being very detrimental to the person and others involved ._.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68171 on: January 22, 2015, 08:53:32 pm »

... isn't cold actually like... not a thing, technically? There's only more or less heat, or something like that. I forget exactly how it goes. I mean, I realize C's science teacher is shit heaped upon incompetence heaped upon shit, but... science... not being hot or cold is being being, since there's only degrees of hot...
>:c
Don't say that! He's actually a really nice person!
Just... Too eager to believe certain things that aren't necessarily true.

And that holds true for many of the people involved in the discussion, in fact most people in my 10th grade classes (even the "I'm racist against gays because I don't see them as real people")- they're actually really nice people, they just follow blindly and not try to understand as much.
I want to explain things to them, but I'm too scared.
Don't worry if someone calls you rascist and you know you're not. "RASCIST!" is the fools' response to the loss of an argument, wether or not it truly applies.

Technically, you can't even be "rascist" against gays because they aren't a race. You can discriminate against them, but they aren't a race.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #68172 on: January 22, 2015, 09:01:19 pm »

Munchkin madness tonight at the college. Small children everywhere! Volleyball or something mumblemumble
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #68173 on: January 22, 2015, 09:03:27 pm »

Technically, you can't even be "rascist" against gays because they aren't a race. You can discriminate against them, but they aren't a race.
Methinks that was what Caroline was aiming for.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68174 on: January 22, 2015, 09:08:45 pm »

(even the "I'm racist against gays because I don't see them as real people")- they're actually really nice people
Logical error: If someone is willing to deny personhood to a person due to a circumstance they can't control (and doesn't matter anyway, people are people no matter what you think of them,) those are not nice people. They are assholes. They may be nice assholes sometimes, but they're still assholes.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 4543 4544 [4545] 4546 4547 ... 11039