Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4530 4531 [4532] 4533 4534 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14437749 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67965 on: January 20, 2015, 07:35:54 pm »

Yep, quote fail and my family's Acadian. Don't know what went wrong with that quote, though.

Edit: Fixed quote.

Edit2: Fixed for real.

Edit 3: Fixed edit 2 for grammar

Hey, elementaray history lesson memory! Woo!
Biggest mistake in history that, missed out on a lot of really good food (I love Cajun cooking!). Sorry about that!

Also here is a WTF for everyone

In the not so distant future we will have a drug that when taken will help keep you in a monogamous relationship.

It will probably be prescribed by marriage councilors.
I... wut?

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67966 on: January 20, 2015, 07:36:13 pm »

Sounds like the world's least fun drug.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67967 on: January 20, 2015, 07:37:10 pm »

In the not so distant future
Next Sunday, A.D.?

Yup, there are hormones that make you like being faithful.
  Is it a wtf because it manipulates human behavior along sexual lines?
That's fucking mind control, though. That should be in the terrified thread.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67968 on: January 20, 2015, 07:39:49 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

I don't necessarily think it isn't, but mind-manipulation is nothing new, and used in the context above would be to 'save marriages' or under other voluntary arrangements.
  It is not as if the government is sprinkling our drinking water with it.

Would you view it as okay to use if the client asked for it?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67969 on: January 20, 2015, 07:40:09 pm »

Yep, Cajun food is delicious. Although, it probably wouldn't have developed in Canada because the spices wouldn't have been available, so they didn't miss out in developing it really. They just lost the people who did get to develop it.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67970 on: January 20, 2015, 07:40:43 pm »

It's voluntary mind control though. If you want to want a thing then I guess it's good that there's a way to?
Then again it's not really the most pressing need for desire altering drugs to be honest. I am confident that, say, paedophiles rank much higher on the list.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67971 on: January 20, 2015, 07:47:58 pm »

... probably not to a fairly substantial part of the human population, and almost certainly not in the US. Pedophiles are a statistical rarity -- as well as a subject that basically no one is willing to research, which largely means that drugs tailored to it (assuming that's even possible and last I checked, no one has a goddamn clue) will be a bloody long time coming -- but divorce and split families are incredibly common and identified by a lot of people as an incredibly major social ill. You're going to see monogamy encouraging drugs roll out long before you see pedophilia suppressing ones.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67972 on: January 20, 2015, 07:54:09 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

I don't necessarily think it isn't, but mind-manipulation is nothing new, and used in the context above would be to 'save marriages' or under other voluntary arrangements.
  It is not as if the government is sprinkling our drinking water with it.

Would you view it as okay to use if the client asked for it?
The fact that it's voluntary doesn't mean that people aren't going to use it on others involuntarily. That and I'm also afraid that if it's successful, it could lead to other mind control drugs. Then again, that's a bit of a "slippery slope" fallacy.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67973 on: January 20, 2015, 08:00:52 pm »

Im no fan of medication, but when used in conjunction with other methods it can be used for incredible healing, good, or evil.
  We need to focus on moderating and the proper application of these sensitive drugs, not leave them for the criminals to develop under the table.  imo.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67974 on: January 20, 2015, 08:08:51 pm »

... probably not to a fairly substantial part of the human population, and almost certainly not in the US. Pedophiles are a statistical rarity -- as well as a subject that basically no one is willing to research, which largely means that drugs tailored to it (assuming that's even possible and last I checked, no one has a goddamn clue) will be a bloody long time coming -- but divorce and split families are incredibly common and identified by a lot of people as an incredibly major social ill. You're going to see monogamy encouraging drugs roll out long before you see pedophilia suppressing ones.

I know I'm going to catch flak for this, but I'm inclined to believe that anti-pedophilia drugs are about as likely to work as anti-gay drugs. The best that can be done is complete suppression of sexual tendencies, and the only ways to do that right now are fraught with other problems of both ethical and medical character.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67975 on: January 20, 2015, 08:22:21 pm »

If the only reason you're not cheating on your partner is you're being drugged into it, it may be time to end the relationship.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #67976 on: January 20, 2015, 08:23:33 pm »

If the only reason you're not cheating on your partner is you're being drugged into it, it may be time to end the relationship.
+1.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67977 on: January 20, 2015, 08:24:18 pm »

+1.

Yeah, this too.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67978 on: January 20, 2015, 08:30:15 pm »

Um, or not? I've known or known of a fair amount of people over the years that really would rather stay together, but the whole hormones and fading sexual intimacy and whatnot got in the way and they weren't folks that could deal with a non-monogamous/open arrangement. A way to stop the body from fucking with an otherwise desired relationship would have been a godsend for 'em...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #67979 on: January 20, 2015, 08:31:56 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 4530 4531 [4532] 4533 4534 ... 11040