Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4510 4511 [4512] 4513 4514 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14454495 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67665 on: January 16, 2015, 10:30:11 pm »

I got this when going to a new tab. It looks like Fire Fox now has advertising that isnot affected by AdBlock. Plus, it looks like it takes a few tries or a period of time before it goes and lets you close it down.
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67666 on: January 16, 2015, 10:32:37 pm »

Adblock has "non intrusive ads" in the settings that can be turned off. Or, just use a fork like AdBlock Edge.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67667 on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:07 pm »

What the sod is TurboTax? Some kind of scam? "Call within the next ten minutes, and for the next two financial years, you'll pay tax on all your earnings at the best rate*!
*"Best rate from the perspective of the IRD"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67668 on: January 16, 2015, 10:46:25 pm »

TurboTax is a software that calculates your tax information for you in a user-friendly way. As far as I know it isn't a scam.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67669 on: January 16, 2015, 10:47:41 pm »

Do you not have accountants?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67670 on: January 16, 2015, 10:50:56 pm »

Its also an online accounting thing.
Highly Opinionated Fool

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67671 on: January 16, 2015, 10:52:08 pm »

Definitely a scam.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67672 on: January 16, 2015, 10:53:20 pm »

If its a scam, then its one with TV and computer ads running back, what, eight years now?
Highly Opinionated Fool

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #67673 on: January 16, 2015, 10:57:45 pm »

TurboTax is a software that calculates your tax information for you in a user-friendly way. As far as I know it isn't a scam.

It's only not a scam because of the ridiculous amount of lobbying they do to Washington so that taxes are difficult to do.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67674 on: January 16, 2015, 10:58:24 pm »

They offer free tax returns for veterans
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #67675 on: January 16, 2015, 11:14:08 pm »

Yeah, it's what my parents have been using for quite a long time now. Definitely cheaper then actually hiring an accountant while still insuring that you get what you are supposed to get back (as opposed to the many people who drop returns, etc. because they try to do their own taxes totally by themselves).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67676 on: January 16, 2015, 11:20:23 pm »

At my bank they file my taxes for me for free...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67677 on: January 16, 2015, 11:20:37 pm »

I always find this sort of "filing people into strong and weak" to be really weird.

Because from its original conception the idea was that a bunch of "weaker" people could support a "strong" person so that they could protect or benefit the weak.

I don't quite understand this sort of "in service of your betters" type thinking since in the end, you are asking people to sort of sacrifice for you... for no reason then your awesome.

What is this a videogame?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67678 on: January 16, 2015, 11:21:16 pm »

... though on the other paw, it's developed by intuit, which roughly means it can go die in a fire. I mean, I haven't actually used TT, but it's by the same people that did quickbooks and so I will forever advocate beating it to a fine pulp, throwing the remains into a fire, encasing the ashes in a block of concrete and dumping the lot of it into an active volcano. Fuck intuit.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #67679 on: January 16, 2015, 11:22:19 pm »

I always find this sort of "filing people into strong and weak" to be really weird.

Because from its original conception the idea was that a bunch of "weaker" people could support a "strong" person so that they could protect or benefit the weak.

I don't quite understand this sort of "in service of your betters" type thinking since in the end, you are asking people to sort of sacrifice for you... for no reason then your awesome.

...sounds m

Sounds more like feudalism//a protection racket if you ask me.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 4510 4511 [4512] 4513 4514 ... 11040