Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4499 4500 [4501] 4502 4503 ... 11040

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14462454 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67500 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:13 pm »

Dude no
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67501 on: January 14, 2015, 09:12:23 pm »

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67502 on: January 14, 2015, 09:14:26 pm »

The worst thing is that you can prevent any liquid from exiting your body by applying pressure to the area between your scrotum and your anus. Fap tissues are entirely unneeded.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #67503 on: January 14, 2015, 09:15:47 pm »

Of all the horror stories I've had directly related to me, this one might take the cake.

I was talking to one of my co-workers, and we happened onto the topic of terrible roommates. She'd recently visited her boyfriend, and discovered something in the bathroom he and his roomie shared with their suitemates. Turns out that one or both of those guys had been, over the course of several months, accumulating a substantial pile of used fap-tissues behind the toilet. It was allegedly higher than the tank.

There are so many questions...

Like...
Why would you not flush tissues that have uh.... been used in such a fashion?
...And more importantly, was this a surprising moment? Did the roommate somehow hide this fact for those several months? Seems like one would've smelled it after a while if the pile had remained hidden....

Oh, and I've also WTF'd today;
I have been smelling something... raspberryish? Something like that, all over the house, for the past week. I have no clue where it's coming from, and I have searched EVERYWHERE. It's like my olfactory sense is playing tricks on me or something.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:17:55 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67504 on: January 14, 2015, 09:17:08 pm »

Ok...

So I finished a Justice League movie...

I never thought I'd see a Justice League movie that could be improved by removing the Justice league but there you go.

Though I get why they did it this way... No one would be interested in just a flat out Aquaman movie.

It isn't a BAD movie... on the contrary... But the scenes with the Justice League often feel like minor filler next to Aquaman's. Of whom only really Cyborg really had any sort of plot that was being dealt with during the movie.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:19:54 pm by Neonivek »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67505 on: January 14, 2015, 09:19:34 pm »

Of all the horror stories I've had directly related to me, this one might take the cake.

I was talking to one of my co-workers, and we happened onto the topic of terrible roommates. She'd recently visited her boyfriend, and discovered something in the bathroom he and his roomie shared with their suitemates. Turns out that one or both of those guys had been, over the course of several months, accumulating a substantial pile of used fap-tissues behind the toilet. It was allegedly higher than the tank.

There are so many questions...

Like...
Why would you not flush tissues that have uh.... been used in such a fashion?
...And more importantly, was this a surprising moment? Did the roommate somehow hide this fact for those several months? Seems like one would've smelled it after a while if the pile had remained hidden....
I think the answer to the first one is known only to that guy and Nara-o.

The second... they knew, but god damn how do you approach a situation like that? (I mean, I'd tip off the RA without telling him exactly what the issue was and watch the fireworks, but that doesn't mean I can't sympathize with someone not prepared for that level of awkward confrontation.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #67506 on: January 14, 2015, 09:22:31 pm »

Ok...

So I finished a Justice League movie...

I never thought I'd see a Justice League movie that could be improved by removing the Justice league but there you go.

Though I get why they did it this way... No one would be interested in just a flat out Aquaman movie.

It isn't a BAD movie... on the contrary... But the scenes with the Justice League often feel like minor filler next to Aquaman's. Of whom only really Cyborg really had any sort of plot that was being dealt with during the movie.
For some reason I want a Pepsiman movie now.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67507 on: January 14, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »

How does this movie WTF over my previous one?

Ok so you have a magical trident that can move mass quantities of water... and a race of water dwellers against surface dwellers.

Why not use that Trident to create an isolated sort of dome of water? So you will always have the terrain advantage?

Why the HECK did you use it to drain the harbor... it didn't even have weapons...?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #67508 on: January 14, 2015, 09:33:34 pm »

The worst thing is that you can prevent any liquid from exiting your body by applying pressure to the area between your scrotum and your anus. Fap tissues are entirely unneeded.
If the liquid was already on its way somewhere won't stopping it bring the possibility of clogging the pipes so to speak?
That's what I've heard anyway.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67509 on: January 14, 2015, 09:35:06 pm »

Damnit, that's the second time in two days that someone's posted while I was typing and caused confusion. My phone doesn't warn me about that sort of thing, y'see.

I think it's time for a nap.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67510 on: January 14, 2015, 09:43:18 pm »

Ok, I think I moved this movie from being alright to being "Not very good"

Pointless Justice Leaguers getting in the way of Aquaman's story... nonsense story elements...

And to top it off a REALLY pathetic villain who is a threat because everyone is too stupid to not walk into his attacks. You know what would have worked? Don't include the Justice League... Then the guy who can shoot lightning is a credible threat to Aquaman and not to the entire Justice League.

Or Heck... make the Atlantian army more credible... So it isn't that villain versus the entire league who have to basically line up with him.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:45:40 pm by Neonivek »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #67511 on: January 14, 2015, 10:10:07 pm »

... if she was actually the empress of the galaxy? It's pretty possible. Random connection like that, something even remotely traceable -- and if you've actually got an empress of the galaxy, the tech's, intent, and capability are all likely there -- then having any sort of contact would be a really good way to put a gigantic "KILL ME" bullseye on the poor little bugger.

Alternately it could have been a bigger issue that just sending a money package or something. Exchange rates, issues of potentially non-compatible currency if you're dealing with different tech bases... there's a bunch of ways it could fall out she actually couldn't, without drawing enough suspicion to get the kid's planet glassed.

More likely it's just vaguely bad writing, though.

Personally, I'd actually be kinda' interested in seeing/reading the story where she did try and it did get a KKV dropped on the kid's head. That's not a story you see told very often.
Mostly because there's not much of a story after that. You can't really have a hero's journey if the hero gets glassed as an infant.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67512 on: January 14, 2015, 10:43:36 pm »

... if she was actually the empress of the galaxy? It's pretty possible. Random connection like that, something even remotely traceable -- and if you've actually got an empress of the galaxy, the tech's, intent, and capability are all likely there -- then having any sort of contact would be a really good way to put a gigantic "KILL ME" bullseye on the poor little bugger.

Alternately it could have been a bigger issue that just sending a money package or something. Exchange rates, issues of potentially non-compatible currency if you're dealing with different tech bases... there's a bunch of ways it could fall out she actually couldn't, without drawing enough suspicion to get the kid's planet glassed.

More likely it's just vaguely bad writing, though.

Personally, I'd actually be kinda' interested in seeing/reading the story where she did try and it did get a KKV dropped on the kid's head. That's not a story you see told very often.
Mostly because there's not much of a story after that. You can't really have a hero's journey if the hero gets glassed as an infant.
What about just getting wounded/scarred, Harry Potter style?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #67513 on: January 14, 2015, 10:59:41 pm »

So there I was in class, listening to the syllabus get read at me (some things never change, no matter what your level of education), when suddenly I have some sort of dissociative experience or something. Not sure how to describe it? I remained in command of facts and skills as far as I could tell but I had an acute absence of a sense of who I was, and I couldn't seem to recall any experiences (only that they had happened, and that sort of thing). Passed pretty quickly when, of all things, a belch reminded me what my dinner smelled like, so that was pretty goddamn weird.

Hope that doesn't happen again. It wasn't exactly distressing, but it probably would've been if it'd gone on very long.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67514 on: January 14, 2015, 11:30:38 pm »

... the hero in the story would quite obviously not be the fleshsack that was reduced to a fine organic mist. Unless you're dealing with consciousness backups and whatnot, I guess, or spirit-y silliness.

But nah, the story would probably be from the empress's perspective and deal with the resulting political issues, her own reactions, etc., etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4499 4500 [4501] 4502 4503 ... 11040