Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4482 4483 [4484] 4485 4486 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14469314 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67245 on: January 11, 2015, 02:23:54 pm »

the mortar is love, the mortar is life

if anything is dense the mortar'll make it trite
Berthas work better after a point.

the point being range, pretty much

the size and charge time make it terrible for anything other than breaching a new area while your tonnes of turrets(tm) are flying over

King Kravoka

• Bay Watcher
  • I will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67246 on: January 11, 2015, 03:48:13 pm »

I Love Creeper World. :D

Anyways, somehow whenever someone on the internet tells me to kill myself it gives me the will to continue my existence, just to spite them.
Sure. Yes, you are the Silver Surfer to a very inept Galactus.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67247 on: January 11, 2015, 03:54:58 pm »

What's creeper world?
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #67248 on: January 11, 2015, 03:57:38 pm »

What's creeper world?
This.

The first two versions are free flash games.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #67249 on: January 11, 2015, 03:59:51 pm »

What's creeper world?
Its a game with and mobile towers vs and liquid heat physics-based creeper. CW2 is side-view and has wireless energy instead of making a mess with fractal collectors and reactors and stuff.

Theres a flash demo of sorts for all three, the games proper are either in Adobe Air (1 & 2) or Unity (CW3) and cost money.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67250 on: January 11, 2015, 05:10:34 pm »

wireless energy

heresy yo

relay strats are best strats

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67251 on: January 11, 2015, 09:15:35 pm »

Hey is there a term for like "Anti-snobs"?

People who honestly find people with money to be flawed and beneath them.

---

Bonus points for hearing "Entitled" again today in a way that supports my belief that the word should be retired and that no one should EVER use it.

"Ugh, can you believe they are recording things with professional equipment? Rich people are so entitled"
Me: "Dude, they are just recording things."

So in addition to "Entitled" to refer to people with 'standards', 'rights', and 'opinions' it seems that "Entitled" also means "People who use the things they own".

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67252 on: January 11, 2015, 09:17:37 pm »

So in addition to "Entitled" to refer to people with 'standards', 'rights', and 'opinions' it seems that "Entitled" also means "People who use the things they own".
Wouldn't that make them resourceful, though?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67253 on: January 11, 2015, 09:20:12 pm »

Your peers are so sheek.  Much hipster.  So entitled to their sheltered little opinions
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67254 on: January 11, 2015, 10:29:51 pm »

Watching the show librarians, not entirly sure what it's about
Some magicey stuff

And I hear this line," some one turned a magic spell into an app"

I have so many problems with this
WTF!
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67255 on: January 11, 2015, 10:39:08 pm »

I've read a handful of things over the years with that as part of the worldbuilding (pretty certain that more or less comes up re: techno shamans in shadowrun, just as an example). Honestly, from a technomancy/magitek perspective -- just a high-tech friendly or formulaic magic system in general -- it makes an incredible amount of sense. Pretty much everything paper and ink (scrolls, spellbooks, runic systems, all those fancy spell circles, etc., etc.) can do, digital can do better. Digital assistants, casting aids, digitalized arcane repositories, etc., etc., etc.

Like, imagine what elminster could pull off with mechadendrites, y'know? It can be pretty neat.well, besides HERESY, of course

And having an app for, say, create water or food? World hunger solved, assuming magic isn't a (functionally) finite resource in that universe.

Regardless, it would be straight up in line with your average uses/day artifacts. Probably have some material components, so the only purpose of it being an app would be ease of use (likely part of a compendium style multi-effect artifact*) or part of an interface, but... yeah. It's a logical progression.

*Modern miniaturization making thin sheets of properly enchanted material, bound together... stuff like that. Industrial revolution does amazing things for the average magical system, assuming everyone involved isn't plot-lobotomized.

E: This is disregarding the fact that most aps could count as a divination or illusion spell as-is, ha. Hell, your average flashlight ap could probably match some evocation spells... (I'm looking at you, 0th level light.*).

E2: *What's really scary is that depending on the machine you could be looking at a light spell from a 18th+ level caster. Remember folks, if you put your phone in your pocket, for every 10 minutes it can display a white screen, you've got the equivalent of that many caster levels in your pants. 20th level pocket wizard, ohohoho.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 10:53:58 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67256 on: January 11, 2015, 10:54:09 pm »

Dancing Lights is way better than Light, though.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67257 on: January 11, 2015, 10:58:39 pm »

Not quite there with your average mobile ap, yet. Another <X amount of> decades and further refinement of the already existent holograph technology, though...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #67258 on: January 11, 2015, 11:01:07 pm »

Not quite there with your average mobile ap, yet. Another <X amount of> decades and further refinement of the already existent holograph technology, though...
I think we've got quite a ways to go there, considering that the only freestanding hologram technology we currently have (as in not contained with screens, etc. on the sides) involves making tiny parts of the air explode into thousand degree plasma.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67259 on: January 11, 2015, 11:04:11 pm »

It's not technically a freestanding hologram, but we can successfully produce an optical illusion that makes a display look like a freestanding hologram from... some angles. It's gettin' there.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.
Pages: 1 ... 4482 4483 [4484] 4485 4486 ... 11037