Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4468 4469 [4470] 4471 4472 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14485102 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #67035 on: January 07, 2015, 09:11:53 pm »

::)
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67036 on: January 07, 2015, 09:14:07 pm »

:D

It's Star Wars. I'm pretty sure they pull 90% of this shit outta their asses. And then see a doctor as that's not very healthy
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67038 on: January 07, 2015, 09:20:08 pm »

Oh, you know I love you. :I
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67039 on: January 07, 2015, 09:25:08 pm »

... seriously though, grey jedi and shit are canon, as are other sorts of non-jedi, non-sith force users and... yet other space magic bullshitery. Star Wars gets weird, really.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #67040 on: January 07, 2015, 09:32:00 pm »

Yep. But the force and the jedi/sith dichotomy does not work the way KoSS is espousing.
It's FEF, not FEOF

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67041 on: January 07, 2015, 09:33:46 pm »

I did say it was an opinion. Just never seemed like that to me.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #67042 on: January 07, 2015, 10:42:48 pm »

If the Force is a field created by all living things, it doesn't make sense to me that there's a "light" and "dark" side. If the Force surrounds, creates and is created by living things, then that means there are completely evil beings around created by or creating the "dark" side of the Force. This either means that both the Jedi and Sith are wrong and the Force is neutral, or the 'verse is literally black and white with beings of pure evil and pure goodness running around. KOTOR 2 seems to think the former, and it's what I go with because I find it more interesting.

Also, there's no rule saying that Jedi couldn't learn powers traditionally used by the Sith. In Jedi Academy you actually have to learn some dark powers by the endgame because you get more Force points than there are light-side powers.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #67043 on: January 07, 2015, 10:50:35 pm »

Last I paid even the most half-arsed of attention, it's not so much good or evil as it is the "forces" are self-reinforcing and strongly emotion influencing. And the proverbial dark side is the more passionate bits of the emotional spectrum, which is why indulging in it tends to lead to bugfuck insanity and conquering galactic quadrants. Light side leads to, well. The old republic Jedi and shit.

To a large extent, there's really not a light or dark side, iirc. There's just the force, and what happens to the user when they use it. The broad effects of the latter is what gets it categorized, more or less.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #67044 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:22 pm »

Re: Earwigs, Leeches, or Fire:
I once coated my thumb in flaming liquid plastic as a child (Long story involving a Tesla Coil science fair project), and earwigs look TERRIFYING. At least a leach is usually just a black blobby guy with a nasty mouth; they're even used by medical professionals, even to this day (LESS so now, but still in some cases). I'd pick the leeches.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #67045 on: January 07, 2015, 11:26:08 pm »

Unfortunately, a lot of Star Wars writers have a tendency to try and shore up the Jedi absolutism by making all the various sects into either Jedi with the serial numbers filed off or Dark Side lovers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #67046 on: January 08, 2015, 12:23:08 am »

I read 'dark side lovers' as 'darth Sid lovers'
I'm now imaging an ice age- Star Wars cross over
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #67047 on: January 08, 2015, 12:42:54 am »

"The valley is flooding! Quick, to the Millennium Falcon!"
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67048 on: January 08, 2015, 12:53:45 am »

Left side of neck started cramping at around one today during chemistry class, wasn't bad but made paying attention unpleasant.  Then, after my last class ended and I was waiting for the rest of school to end it started to get a bit worse, to where it became uncomfortable to sit in certain positions.  During academic team it got to the point that it would hurt more if I started turning my header to the left or too far right.  On my way home it got so bad that I took the long way home, over twenty extra minutes, because I wasn't able to turn left safely.  When I got home I wasn't able to turn my neck left at all because the pain immediately made me turn right if I tried turning my head left.  Mom is a nurse, and gave me a heavy dose of ibuprofen.  Pain just got worse, to where if I turned my head at all it would hurt.  I tried to go to sleep, but I was unable to move my head to put a pillow underneath it in order to support it.  I had to get back up, which was also painful, took some more painkillers that had that drowsy effect, and moved my bedside table to right next to the middle of my bed with my foot. and then used that as a footrest since I couldn't roll myself around to lay on my bed properly  Then I had my parents move my bed so it wasn't ight up against the wall, so that I could actually breathe with my head face down against the side.  Finally managed to go to sleep about six hours ago, and just woke back up.  Neck still hurts like a bitch, but the only movement that isn't automatically stopped by pain is moving my head backwards.  or all the way to the left. 
Eveyone on facebook is talking about how it was apparently snowing or something earlier, and that school is going to be delayed, so hopefully I won't have to go at all, since without those painkillers it is way too uncomfortable to go to sleep right now. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67049 on: January 08, 2015, 01:39:49 am »

Left side of neck started cramping at around one today during chemistry class, wasn't bad but made paying attention unpleasant.  Then, after my last class ended and I was waiting for the rest of school to end it started to get a bit worse, to where it became uncomfortable to sit in certain positions.  During academic team it got to the point that it would hurt more if I started turning my header to the left or too far right.  On my way home it got so bad that I took the long way home, over twenty extra minutes, because I wasn't able to turn left safely.  When I got home I wasn't able to turn my neck left at all because the pain immediately made me turn right if I tried turning my head left.  Mom is a nurse, and gave me a heavy dose of ibuprofen.  Pain just got worse, to where if I turned my head at all it would hurt.  I tried to go to sleep, but I was unable to move my head to put a pillow underneath it in order to support it.  I had to get back up, which was also painful, took some more painkillers that had that drowsy effect, and moved my bedside table to right next to the middle of my bed with my foot. and then used that as a footrest since I couldn't roll myself around to lay on my bed properly  Then I had my parents move my bed so it wasn't ight up against the wall, so that I could actually breathe with my head face down against the side.  Finally managed to go to sleep about six hours ago, and just woke back up.  Neck still hurts like a bitch, but the only movement that isn't automatically stopped by pain is moving my head backwards.  or all the way to the left. 
Eveyone on facebook is talking about how it was apparently snowing or something earlier, and that school is going to be delayed, so hopefully I won't have to go at all, since without those painkillers it is way too uncomfortable to go to sleep right now.

Dude? You should probably get that looked at.
Pages: 1 ... 4468 4469 [4470] 4471 4472 ... 11037