Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4432 4433 [4434] 4435 4436 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481419 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66495 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »

It's a nice hot day outside, I was enjoying it when I went down to the shops, then I get home and quickly begin sneezing and sniffling as though I had a cold. ??? Fortunately it went away after I took something for it, but still. WTF, body?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #66496 on: January 01, 2015, 09:35:06 pm »

It's a nice hot day outside, I was enjoying it when I went down to the shops, then I get home and quickly begin sneezing and sniffling as though I had a cold. ??? Fortunately it went away after I took something for it, but still. WTF, body?
Obviously you had an allergic reaction to the dangerous gas known as "fresh air". Thank goodness your body reacted sooner, did you know that 100% of people who breathe "fresh air" die? That could've been you, man.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #66497 on: January 01, 2015, 10:40:47 pm »

I just remembered seeing the local newspaper a few months ago, with a headline of my old cubmaster (Scoutmaster, but for the Cub scouts [Little kid boy scouts.]) having been arrested. I didn't actually buy it, so I don't know what for, but.... the guy always did kinda strike me wrong. But, Eh, knowing this county and it's people, probably just drug charges or something. Stilllll... creepy. Didn't feel that this fit in any other emotion thread, and it is kinda WTF-y...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:42:33 pm by the1337doofus »
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66498 on: January 01, 2015, 11:06:15 pm »

I think I might've fractured my arm. Thing is, it took me over 24 hours to notice the pain. Definitely heading in to the hospital tomorrow.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #66499 on: January 01, 2015, 11:06:47 pm »

The word "mouthfeel".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66500 on: January 01, 2015, 11:14:29 pm »

... I've had this USB controller for less than three whole days, I think. I've already started using it to scroll things while I'm reading. They're... they're quite good at substituting for page up/down and arrow keys and whatnot. Since I'm using space instead of page down, I can even read whole forum threads, like. Several feet away from the laptop. It's. A thing.

People can get used to things pretty quickly, can't they...

... but yeah, shoulder buttons slaved to page up/space, both d-pad, joysticks, and some of the actual buttons to arrow movements. Just remembered to slap home/end onto it. It's. Pretty comfortable...
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:17:47 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #66501 on: January 01, 2015, 11:17:50 pm »

The word "mouthfeel".
That sounds a lot like some sort of spell, the biggest question being would it be like a 'point at something, cast spell and then you taste said object'? Or perhaps you literally feel whatever you cast it at in your....
Oh god, oh god where is the mind bleach where's the mind bleach.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66502 on: January 01, 2015, 11:21:31 pm »

It would have two targets. One for the thing to be tasted, one for the target. "Greater Mouthfeel" would include texture, as opposed to just taste.

Because nothing is as amazing as setting up some sort of trigger effect that makes "Suck taint, evildoer!" a literal statement.

E: Actually, the best part would be metamagic effects. I'm not sure exactly what an empowered greater mouthfeel would do, but I'm interested in finding out.

E2: Though it would probably end up with a name more along the lines of "Trixilby's Tantalizing Teletasting" or something. All the good joke spells involve alliteration.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:27:53 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
Ask!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66503 on: January 01, 2015, 11:26:51 pm »

I think I saw a hentai that had someone using that spell.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66504 on: January 01, 2015, 11:28:07 pm »

Well, metamagic mostly works on a spell's variable numerics - range, damage, etc. So it probably wouldn't do much unless house-ruled.

Spell Permanency: Greater Mouthfeel, on the other hand...
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #66505 on: January 01, 2015, 11:29:04 pm »

What, did they cast Penile Mouthfeel or something?

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66506 on: January 01, 2015, 11:30:56 pm »

It would have two targets. One for the thing to be tasted, one for the target. "Greater Mouthfeel" would include texture, as opposed to just taste.

Because nothing is as amazing as setting up some sort of trigger effect that makes "Suck taint, evildoer!" a literal statement.

E: Actually, the best part would be metamagic effects. I'm not sure exactly what an empowered greater mouthfeel would do, but I'm interested in finding out.
I think the effects would be the other way around with Greater Mouthfeel, as if it says mouth-Feel, then it would be based around how it feels, not it's taste, so basic mouthfeel would just have texture, while greater mouthfeel would have taste as well.

Perhaps empowered greater mouthfeel makes the victim feel everything happening to the object in question? Like, if you connected a dragon to a zombie, then impaled said zombie, the Dragon would feel like it's mouth was being impaled.
Edit: Actually, imagine the positive capabilities for that spell, cast it at a perfect steak then at some random Jonny then it would be a delicious treat without the steak ever being eaten.

It could be like a traveling circus of exotic flavors going around the world.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 11:33:59 pm by Execute/Dumbo.exe »
Alan help.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66507 on: January 01, 2015, 11:33:41 pm »

What, did they cast Penile Mouthfeel or something?
I was going to respond here, but then I realized I was going to be describing something that was funnier without description.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66508 on: January 01, 2015, 11:36:46 pm »

I think the effects would be the other way around with Greater Mouthfeel, as if it says mouth-Feel, then it would be based around how it feels, not it's taste, so basic mouthfeel would just have texture, while greater mouthfeel would have taste as well.
Yeah, fair point. Probably be best to swap the effects if you weren't going shift the spell's name into some variation on teletasting -- that would have taste first, then texture. Or just taste, and have lesser mouthfeel handle texture, and greater mouthfeel both. So you'd have three spells -- mouthfeel, greater mouthfeel, and trixibly's tantalizing teletasting.

And just think of the epic variations... worldwide effect? Viral mouthfeel infestation? So many possibilities...
Ask not!
Ask!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66509 on: January 01, 2015, 11:40:25 pm »

Technically, based on that spell and if supplied with enough power to be able to blanket a warzone, then it could probably be classed as an non lethal organic weapon, find something disgusting and putrid enough and you have an easy way for non lethal subduing of riots, as well as something to be used in prisons or even schools as a sort of deterrent.
The spell, as weird and gimmicky as it seems, would have a very real reason to exist in a fantasy world. 
Alan help.
Pages: 1 ... 4432 4433 [4434] 4435 4436 ... 11037