Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4426 4427 [4428] 4429 4430 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482812 times)

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66405 on: December 31, 2014, 05:10:48 pm »

Fixed, sorry.
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66406 on: December 31, 2014, 05:19:37 pm »

People, please don't quote Truean's post. She doesn't like it.
I'm confused. How is Truean a girl who isn't straight, if she only likes men??

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #66407 on: December 31, 2014, 05:21:42 pm »

She's MtF.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #66408 on: December 31, 2014, 05:55:11 pm »

Sadly, I was born kinda male on the outside but this does not work for me one bit in so many ways. Hopefully I may one day have that corrected. Until then, and presumably after, I'm rather happy this community accepts me as the woman I am and should be. Thank you all. :)
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #66409 on: December 31, 2014, 06:07:20 pm »

Out of curiosity, why do you dislike to be quoted?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #66410 on: December 31, 2014, 06:12:44 pm »

IIRC, plausible deniability or some similar concept, so that anything that will be edited out at a later point won't be saved by quotes.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66411 on: December 31, 2014, 06:21:56 pm »

Quoting context of posts is always a terrible idea. Simply link to the original post like so:

Forget the legal reasons of which there are many, privacy is a thing and there are several things tracking you to eliminate it. Used to be you could say something and let it fade out of everybody's memories, but now everybody somehow thinks it is normal to save EVERYTHING permanently online. NO. The fact that everybody asks that question is proof it has spread too far. I am not some conspiracy nut either. Look at old yearbook photos and how embarrassing some of those can be just with hair and clothing styles among other aspects. Yeah, that times a million.

Additionally in my case, transitioning often is best done with stealth, so you're not open to constant bullying or outright attacks:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/dominicholden/transgender-women-in-ohio-are-at-the-heart-of-a-national-cri#.gc3qWqR1p

The world is FAR from a nice place and basic precautions make it slightly more safe. Trust me, that's unfortunately the way it is. People are FAR too open about stuff these days. It can and will come back to bite them in the ass, as several people who have been fired for facebook and other posts have learned the hard way. If this seems odd to you, then that is sad.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 06:25:17 pm by Truean »

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66412 on: December 31, 2014, 06:36:22 pm »

Eh, that attitude will go away over time. I mean, eventually there won't be people who don't have evidence of their stupidity immortalised on the internet, and you've got to employ someone.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66413 on: December 31, 2014, 06:38:51 pm »

I dunno, I've been out about being trans for a long time, and I've only gotten occasional transphobia mostly out of ignorance. That may just be the fact that I live in a fairly progressive city, though.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66414 on: December 31, 2014, 06:47:11 pm »

Or, what you said online at the age of 15 will be used as a lovely pretext for firing you whenever your boss has an illegal, immoral or unethical reason to fire you but needs a coverup. They do it all the time at present with any BS excuse they can get.

They're looking for any reason to thin the massive herd of resumes with job openings now; things will not get better.

I'm actually incredibly happy for you, and am envious. I told my teacher, a nun, I felt like I should've been a girl and wanted to wear pretty clothes and do girl things when I was in 2nd grade. She then calmly told me I was an abomination against God and that I was going to hell no matter what. She said that while I was going to hell no matter what, I at least shouldn't drag others down with me, so I should kill myself to save anybody else from damnation. After that she instructed me in how to hang myself to death in my closet with rope and if I didn't have any ropes with linked together belts. She made it a point to tell me to leave a note to my mom and dad saying it wasn't their fault.... That was her "logic."

That's just a small excerpt from the beginning of the incredibly long list of transphobic shit I've personally endured. You are incredibly lucky if you have not experienced major transphobia.

Please don't quote me.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #66415 on: December 31, 2014, 07:04:52 pm »

t she instructed me in how to hang myself to death in my closet with rope and if I didn't have any ropes with linked together belts.

Holy shit. That goes well into batshit crazy territory.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 10:31:09 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #66416 on: December 31, 2014, 07:11:13 pm »

Jesus. Did she even know you were trans, or just figure any 2nd grade boy who wanted to feel pretty was a walking abattoir of God's plan?

Also sorry to hear about your pro bono stuff. If they had their shit together, they probably wouldn't need your help in the first place, let alone for free. :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66417 on: December 31, 2014, 07:12:01 pm »

-snip-
Sick and crazy or no, we just had a discussion about why Truean doesn't like to be quoted. Please don't quote her :|
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66418 on: December 31, 2014, 07:13:33 pm »

Goodness It would be incredibly difficult for me to hang myself in my closet.

I am much too tall.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #66419 on: December 31, 2014, 07:33:55 pm »

Damn, nuns be scary as fuck
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*
Pages: 1 ... 4426 4427 [4428] 4429 4430 ... 11037