Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4425 4426 [4427] 4428 4429 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14484139 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66390 on: December 31, 2014, 03:25:02 pm »

Or it's just, y'know, got a flat battery.

But it's definitely possessed.

Battery's fine. The hour hand just won't lock into place, so it flies around every few minutes.

In other news, my mom got some 'feminine body wash' for Christmas. She just asked me if it will also work on men.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66391 on: December 31, 2014, 03:27:18 pm »

Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #66392 on: December 31, 2014, 03:28:59 pm »

Wait, Fox and the Hound was bad?  I remember it being really good (and sad).  Are my nostalgia goggles that clouded?
It was great. But then, I'm one of the people who had rose-tinted glasses thick enough to make me remember the Disney animated Robin Hood as good.

Frozen was pretty good though, yeah. It was also the sort of story that would have been interesting to see develop in a different genre, because that cryokinesis was seriously horrifying for something in a nominally children's film.

Ice mining.
Don't question it too much.

It has precedent.
Also this. Ice was a trade good back in the day, since refrigeration was basically "stick it in a buried pit with some ice".

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66393 on: December 31, 2014, 03:30:42 pm »

Ice mining.
Don't question it too much.
It has precedent.
Oh yeah I know, I was talking about why it's at all relevant in the film. Not that I'm saying it was particularly relevant, but it was a high point of the whole thing.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66394 on: December 31, 2014, 03:31:29 pm »

Unpopular Disney movie opinion: I liked Hercules, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66395 on: December 31, 2014, 03:34:10 pm »

So I was thinking about the implications of DF's blood rain, both on critters and on the mysticism of the civs.

-For one, you'd think there would be more blood sucking insects and whatnot.
-And more critters willing to tear into a dwarf to get at blood.  Or is that less, because the demand is much lower for it?
-The blood would actually nauseate what didn't drink it exclusively.
-Presumably the smell would be terrible, as old blood dries and rots, but on the ecosystem level, this would be a massive influx of energy.  Drinkable and nutritious blood is falling from the sky like mana!  The food web must be diverse and healthy, ironically.

-If blood can be generated so easily by the Earth, is it really as sacred as in literature?  Would it still be the life-force and essence of a man?  Or would another, less present fluid/organ be attributed with it?
-Tying the dichotomous nature of the creatures living in evil biomes is always a headtrip down racism lane.  What does raining blood say about the civs that live in it (to the dwarves)?  What do the creatures who live in it think (about it and the dwarves)?  Hell, in the high fantasy world, isn't racism a good thing?  Its very much real, definable, and distinguished; and in DF at least critter are scientifically different species.  Not halfbreeds here.

-Is the blood tainted?  Is it 'healthy' blood, as if taken from elves on clouds and wrung from them?  Part of me likes the idea of elves being wrung out like wet washclothes from clouds onto the mortal plane.
-Whatever else, its interesting to note a world run by Armok, a chaotic god, instead of the God of Time or what-have-you.  What effect does his domain (blood, and apparently forging) have on the world and the mechanics of it?

So much . . .

---
Unpopular Disney movie opinion: I liked Hercules, Atlantis, and Treasure Planet.
Hercules was good, Atlantis I don't remember enough to care about, Treasure Planet was the one about re-creating Earth?  It had a distinct 2000s tone to it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 03:38:22 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66396 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:10 pm »

That's an unpopular opinion? Everyone I knew likes the first two, at least.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #66397 on: December 31, 2014, 03:36:36 pm »

Armok weeps every time an elf is born, and that becomes the blood rain.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #66398 on: December 31, 2014, 03:42:32 pm »

What brought that on?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #66399 on: December 31, 2014, 04:10:45 pm »

I didn't like Hercules, haven't watched Treasure Planet, but both I and almost everybody I know likes Atlantis.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #66400 on: December 31, 2014, 04:36:14 pm »

In an attempt to extort me, some bitch attempted to file a complaint that I touched her inappropriately....

What I want to say but am too closeted to say:
I only like men! I'm NOT straight!

Jesus Christ honey, I have never even wanted to be with a woman, have never been with a woman and will never ever ever be with a woman. If it comes down to me and one female to repopulate the earth then the fucking species is going extinct. If I ever was gonna be with a girl then it sure as hell wouldn't be your nasty ghetto ass. Also your outfit is atrocious, sweetie YOU DON'T MATCH, and that purse doesn't go with anything except a dumpster. Lose the purse, or better yet burn it, because if you lose it you could find it again. Burn that fugly thing!

I am never doing another pro bono case as long as I live.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 04:38:16 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

XXXXYYYY

• Bay Watcher
  • Been a long time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66401 on: December 31, 2014, 04:58:43 pm »

^I love this post. So, so much.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:10:32 pm by XXXXYYYY »
Oooooooo. I know. ClF3. That should be a fun surprise.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #66402 on: December 31, 2014, 05:00:04 pm »

To Truean's post:
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 05:14:53 pm by flameboy99 »
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #66403 on: December 31, 2014, 05:08:29 pm »

1. Nice gif. Saving that for if I ever need sass.

2. Don't quote Truean, broskis. Or at least don't make the quote link to their post. They prefer to not be quoted, it's in their sig.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66404 on: December 31, 2014, 05:09:56 pm »

People, please don't quote Truean's post. She doesn't like it.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 4425 4426 [4427] 4428 4429 ... 11037