Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486493 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66285 on: December 29, 2014, 08:40:55 am »

Ohh this main character isn't a fairy. She is an ordinary human.

She just has super tasting powers genetically... and is the only person in the show who has an ability that broken.

The Fairies powers are specifically this:
1) Flight
2) They can shrink people down to fairy size and proportions
3) They can magically transform foods into pictures with recipes listed on the back.
4) Invisibility to anyone who doesn't have a fairy.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66286 on: December 29, 2014, 08:48:04 am »

Pearl Fey is older than Trucy Wright.

Wot
wot
r u shittin me Nintendo.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66287 on: December 29, 2014, 08:52:13 am »

Ohh this main character isn't a fairy. She is an ordinary human.[snip]
Ah.

... the point still stands, though. The shrinking would have ridiculous implications for manufacturing and R&D (and sabotage, assassination, etc., so forth, so on.), and the flight and invisibility are, well... obvious. As is the fact that the only ones that can see invisible fairies are those bonded to one -- you'd be looking at an arms race to keep fairy-attached people hired to prevent corporate (and otherwise) espionage. There would definitely be major international interest in keeping those freaky critters fat, happy, and willing to work without questioning things too hard.

"This is a special sweet, just for President <X>. Be very careful not to eat it, and sneak it into their morning coffee. They'll be so happy about it, they'll pass out from the sheer bliss!" Fairy coaxing 101, how to commit regicide via naive monofocus.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:54:51 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66288 on: December 29, 2014, 08:54:08 am »

Given that the reason they even link to humans is because they are apparently so creatively bankrupt that they need fresh humans to supply them with recipes...

Yeah they would be easy to pay off.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66289 on: December 29, 2014, 03:28:46 pm »

So I just tried vegemite. I would firmly catagorize it as an acquired taste.
Also, thank Armok I knew to only spread small amounts of it, that stuff is strong.
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66290 on: December 29, 2014, 03:41:14 pm »

Holy shit.  Gasoline prices at the pump are now under 3 bucks.  Hallelujah.  Now if it can dip back under $2.50...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66291 on: December 29, 2014, 03:53:03 pm »

Watched the second half of the Top Gear special.
I think Argentina could really do with a good proper invading. I don't care who does it but somebody has to. Neighbour, UK, whoever.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66292 on: December 29, 2014, 03:56:10 pm »

Watched the second half of the Top Gear special.
I think Argentina could really do with a good proper invading. I don't care who does it but somebody has to. Neighbour, UK, whoever.

I found it such a shame that such a beautiful part of the world is inhabited by such genuinely unpleasant individuals.
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66293 on: December 29, 2014, 03:58:17 pm »

I think of it as the same as how the USA seems to be itching for a proper war so badly. Maybe it's best to just let them have one? Likewise when you've got a huge persecution complex over having territory taken from you, maybe the best solution is to actually validate that, rather than the ineffectual strategy of diplomacy.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66294 on: December 29, 2014, 03:59:44 pm »

I think of it as the same as how the USA seems to be itching for a proper war so badly. Maybe it's best to just let them have one? Likewise when you've got a huge persecution complex over having territory taken from you, maybe the best solution is to actually validate that, rather than the ineffectual strategy of diplomacy.

I suppose that the butthurt is burned in as some deep level that keeps getting passed down through generations. They know they would lose a proper shooting war, so vile thuggery is all that is left.
This is a blank sig.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #66295 on: December 29, 2014, 04:01:45 pm »

The world would be better if the people who wanted a country to go to war with another had to be the ones who would pick up the rifles and do it.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #66296 on: December 29, 2014, 04:08:51 pm »

their home world is so sweet that the soil from their world is coated in sugar.

I can't imagine there being any naturally occurring free water on that world. Sugar is extremely hydroscopic.
If any non-fairy went there, it would be like being in a dessert (pun intended). Not that it's necessarily hot, but you'd quickly dehydrate in the zero humidity conditions.

My WTF: I actually spent the time to think about and write that.

Also, I'm using the free version of Spotify. I don't (usually) mind the ads really. This ad just came up: "Our music experts have been working hard to create the next great playlist. You will probably like this: (Plays an excerpt of a song that I personally think is terrible)"

Yeah... "experts"...
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66297 on: December 29, 2014, 04:12:02 pm »

Next great playlist. Pah.

There is only one playlist, and that's everything stuck in a single one and the music player set to shuffle.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Dutrius

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer extremely unavailable!
    • View Profile
    • Arcanus Technica
« Reply #66298 on: December 29, 2014, 04:14:09 pm »

Next great playlist. Pah.

There is only one playlist, and that's everything stuck in a single one and the music player set to shuffle.

Agreed. But only if I can choose what to put into it.
No longer extremely unavailable!
Sig text
ArcTech: Incursus. On hold indefinitely.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #66299 on: December 29, 2014, 04:22:31 pm »

We're "itching for a proper war" because we're obsessed with the idea of conventional war, and most governments in the world have accepted that those are essentially obsolete.  We want to go have a "glorious" war with a big power like Russia and relive our WW2 glory days and hope it magically fixes our economy again, but all we get are long asymmetrical wars with guerrillas and terrorists that are generally still around at the end of the conflict.

What's the point of lining up your armies and having a WW2 style slugfest?  Nukes exist.  Everyone else has accepted it, but for some reason the US still pours money into advanced fighter jets so we can fight NGOs who don't even have helicopters.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule
Pages: 1 ... 4418 4419 [4420] 4421 4422 ... 11037