Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4416 4417 [4418] 4419 4420 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14487628 times)

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66255 on: December 28, 2014, 09:49:52 pm »

Ahem.

Halo movie already exists. It's bleh. Bungie, makers of Destiny, have nothing to do with it. Destiny is...I can't comment. Haven't played, not yet. Might eventually. I don't know if if it has micro-transactions, but if it doesn't, then it's not really a cash-grab.

And also, Forward Unto Dawn is a movie. It's bleh. I got it for free, I was happy with it. Could've been better.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66256 on: December 28, 2014, 10:02:58 pm »

Also, Nightfall is a thing, and it's a live-action something. I'm not sure if it's a tv show or a movie, but it's a something that I'm not interested in watching.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #66257 on: December 28, 2014, 10:04:47 pm »

I honestly didn't mind the second Hobbit movie. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't amazing, and butchered a lot of J.R.R. Tolkien's work, but I don't think these changes were as apocalyptic as everybody claims. Not that they were changes for the better, but I don't think they were that much of a detriment as they're often claimed to be. Yes, the filler was annoying, and yes, adding Legolas in was a bad idea. But ultimately, it's still a decent movie. The plot wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it still followed the major themes and was fairly engaging in its own right, the effects were good (Excluding the molten gold), and the performances were well done and appealing.
I agree that the plot was decent, but they just butchered too much of Tolkien's stuff for me to be OK with. Heck, the Two Towers movie looks tame in comparison. Case in point:

-Beorn scene where Gandalf stalls long enough to get all the dorfs in was completely removed and replaced with random chase because Beorn is a dick in Peter Jackson's mind
+Pre-elves Mirkwood was good
-They brought in Legolas and Random Elf Woman Whose Name I Can't Be Arsed To Remember just to cash in on Orlando Bloom's popularity and give the film a female lead
-The river & barrels scene has 100% more elves and orcs
+The bit where Gandalf goes and checks out Dol Guldur was a good replacement for the White Council that happened in the book (although I will never comprehend why they randomly moved that to the first movie and made it so that Gandalf just left the dorfs on their own instead of coming along like in the book)
+Bard actually does something, which I'm OK with because at first when I read the book I thought a random musician was killing Smaug
-Lake-Town scenes are way too long
+The parts leading up to the entering of the mountain hall were good
+The part where Bilbo chats with Smaug was okish for a while
-WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE GOLD THING ABOUT
-Film ends on terrible cliffhanger

Case finished.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66258 on: December 28, 2014, 10:07:02 pm »

The idea that Bard was just a musician is the best thing ever. Because that is quite literally metal as fuck.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66259 on: December 28, 2014, 10:32:15 pm »

My nan's kindle or whatever those electronic books are called decided to completely wipe itself. And I get the blame, despite the fact that the only time I've ever touched it was to charge it for her.

She claims that when I plugged it into my computer to charge it, all the songs were sucked into my computer. The books are nowhere on my computer, and I didn't touch a single file on that thing.

I think she just button-mashed her way into forcing the thing to reset itself. It's the only thing that makes sense to me, other than there being some bug or glitch that causes it to wipe itself. Which may actually be a possibility, given that it was bought used. But regardless, I'm made to look like an asshole. Again. Even though the wipe occurred several days after I charged it for her.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66260 on: December 28, 2014, 10:50:43 pm »

How does that even? 
What I'm more surprised about it that apparently she kept that Kindle running for a period of what appears to be at least one week.  With that level of technological literacy....
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #66261 on: December 28, 2014, 11:16:26 pm »

It's like how there was Streetfighter the Movie the Game.
Why would anyone want to remember that piece of shit?
Because Jean Claude Vann Bison?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #66262 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:52 pm »

The game "Meme Run" made me go WTF. I think it may quite possibly be the worst game I have ever played.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #66263 on: December 28, 2014, 11:33:32 pm »

The name itself makes it sound bad

Further research has given me at least 7 different forms of brain cancer
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #66264 on: December 29, 2014, 12:22:43 am »

So its this, but done badly?
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #66265 on: December 29, 2014, 12:27:58 am »

This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66266 on: December 29, 2014, 01:23:39 am »

You know there are people who are incredibly flirty, and by flirty I mean they flirt with EVERYONE, but what I find odd is mostly this.

People who flirt and hit on everyone constantly are so often the target for fantasy scenarios...

Yet in real life they are SO annoying.

In fact a LOT of "wish fulfillment" traits are. It is like they are modeled off of an incomplete and immature version of what a person would actually like.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #66267 on: December 29, 2014, 01:26:58 am »

Mind giving some examples of this being portrayed positively? The only examples of the archetype you're talking about that I can think of are Barney Stinson and Charlie Harper (of How I Met Your Mother and Two and a Half Men), and both of those are clearly intended to be seen as pathetic in the end.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66268 on: December 29, 2014, 01:41:59 am »

Mind giving some examples of this being portrayed positively?

Really? What about Stefan from Family Matters? Sure ONE time, and one time only, he was a jerk but that falls under canonical discontinuity. He did nothing but exaggerated romantic gestures and flirted with everyone in a 30 mile radius and he is presented as an "Ideal boyfriend".

Or Coolio from Student Bodies... MIND YOU as soon as he finds "his one true love" he pretty much stops flirting.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #66269 on: December 29, 2014, 02:04:54 am »

I hated Urkel (and thus avoided Family Matters like the plague), and the other is before my time.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.
Pages: 1 ... 4416 4417 [4418] 4419 4420 ... 11037