Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14488447 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #66240 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:10 pm »

Got an xbox one, and I am conflicted. First, I am surprised such a large purchase was made. Given the financial situation, I feel guilty when people spend so much on me.Second, if a console were to be purchased, I assumed it would be a WiiU, given Nintendo has always been the console we got. Third, I am skeptical about the value of the purchase. The Xbone has a questional rep, as most of you know. Disregarding quality, I'm not sure which games really seem interesting, though I may find a few gems, if we can even afford them. It came with AC 3&4, and I got a 1yr live gold. The free games seem nice, if they last past a month, but the sub still has to be maintained, so ehh...

Is this gonna suck? Please tell me this wont suck.Tell me how to make it not suck. Game suggestions? Maybe this belongs in a different thread.
Returned it. Dad seemed devastated, but came back later in a seemingly much better mood, saying he understands my reasoning and that I was probably right. Crisis averted, I guess. Still shaken, though.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66241 on: December 28, 2014, 07:44:41 pm »

It's like how there was Streetfighter the Movie the Game.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #66242 on: December 28, 2014, 07:48:02 pm »

NEXT UP: Steet Fighter: The Movie: The Game: The Movie

followed by

Steet Fighter: The Movie: The Game: The Movie: The Game (ad infinitum)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66243 on: December 28, 2014, 07:51:41 pm »

So watched the most recent Hobbit movie.  One of the trailers was for a Halo movie... with Ridley Scott directing.

To summarize: Ridley Scott makes Alien.  Alien and its immediate sequel inspire or are copied by countless video games, including Halo.  Now Ridley Scott is making a movie, based on a video game, which was itself inspired by another move he made.  And if its good, the Halo movie is almost certainly going to get a video game, continuing the cycle.
When I watched The Hobbit Revolutions (or whatever), my thoughts were actually about how video games are becoming more and more movie-like at the same time that movies are starting to look more and more like video games.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Halo movie, huh? Is Destiny not enough of a desperate cash grab?
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66244 on: December 28, 2014, 07:54:19 pm »

Why would anyone want to remember that piece of shit?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66245 on: December 28, 2014, 07:58:38 pm »

The Hobbit Revolutions
I am having amazing ideas right now about The Matrix + The Hobbit.

Win incarnate.

On the subject of Hobbit films, I'm not going to put a dime in Peter Jackson's pocket after he made the second Hobbit movie. What the hell were they thinking, adding in Legolas and random elf chick and adding in all that filler crap? I'm just going to wait until the movie channels start showing Hobbit III and go MST3K mercilessly on it from there.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66246 on: December 28, 2014, 08:00:35 pm »

Why would anyone want to remember that piece of shit?
Because of the best Raul Julia line the world has ever heard? "For me, it was Tuesday." Raul Julia was awesome in that movie, and I've played Bison ever since.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66247 on: December 28, 2014, 08:01:24 pm »

The Hobbit Revolutions
I am having amazing ideas right now about The Matrix + The Hobbit.

Win incarnate.

On the subject of Hobbit films, I'm not going to put a dime in Peter Jackson's pocket after he made the second Hobbit movie. What the hell were they thinking, adding in Legolas and random elf chick and adding in all that filler crap? I'm just going to wait until the movie channels start showing Hobbit III and go MST3K mercilessly on it from there.
In my opinion Hobbit Revolutions is substantially better than Hobbit Reloaded, but the elf chick and Legolas are in it even more and there is a lot of filler, so I'd still advise against it if those are your problems with the second. It's just that the filler and elf parts are both pulled off better.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66248 on: December 28, 2014, 09:02:55 pm »

Oh ho ho, I had a lot more problems with #2, but thanks for the advice.

It was still a terrible idea to adapt two or three chapters of a fourteen-chapter book into their own film.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66249 on: December 28, 2014, 09:09:03 pm »

But... They had to add so many things not in the book, shorten many of the things that where and make people want another set of movies to find out what the fudge happened to those that wherent in the book but where in the movie!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66250 on: December 28, 2014, 09:14:57 pm »

Oh ho ho, I had a lot more problems with #2, but thanks for the advice.

It was still a terrible idea to adapt two or three chapters of a fourteen-chapter book into their own film.
Just wait for the six-part Silmarillion and the three-part adaptation of the appendices: "Fellowship of the Genealogy", "The Two Elvish Languages", and "Return of the Timeline"

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #66251 on: December 28, 2014, 09:15:43 pm »

Recent posts in an emotion thread had me wanting to play Roller Coaster Tycoon again.
So I went looking for one of my old disks and found the RCT3 disk. I started installing the game...

...hmmm, I don't remember games this old having mandatory registration.

...Hmm? Hahah, it's asking me what consoles I have, but it's two generations behind. WTF, game, that's kinda funny, but so strange. Yeah, I have a gamecube...

Seriously, you're going to make me send an email to Atari? WTF, Haven't they gone out of business yet? I don't think that email is going to be received.

Edit: And my computer feels like it's going to overheat. Better save all my projects just in case a game this old can cause a crash still.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #66252 on: December 28, 2014, 09:16:51 pm »

Just wait for the six-part Silmarillion and the three-part adaptation of the appendices: "Fellowship of the Genealogy", "The Two Elvish Languages", and "Return of the Timeline"
I'd probably watch some silmarillion based movies. If they managed to be even half as engaging as the old starcraft maps, they'd be great.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66253 on: December 28, 2014, 09:40:03 pm »

Halo movie, huh? Is Destiny not enough of a desperate cash grab?

If I remember correctly Bungie has jetsonned themselves from Microsoft without retaining the Halo IP, so... The Halo movie is Mircosoft's cashgrab to counter Bungie's cashgrab? But then again they've already made a ton of Halo books, as well as a collection of Halo short films and an entirely different direct to TV/DVD/whatever webseries film thing known as Forward unto Dawn, so... I'm not entirely certain if you can call a Halo movie a cashgrab anymore, since it's obviously not a one-off thing. I guess the correct term would be that it's just the latest in a cashcow series for Microsoft.

EDIT: Did a little bit of research and found out that the up-coming Halo film is the first real film they've made. Whoops. I was thinking of some web thing instead, which was all official but not what I thought it was. Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2014, 09:46:04 pm by USEC_OFFICER »

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #66254 on: December 28, 2014, 09:46:36 pm »

I honestly didn't mind the second Hobbit movie. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't amazing, and butchered a lot of J.R.R. Tolkien's work, but I don't think these changes were as apocalyptic as everybody claims. Not that they were changes for the better, but I don't think they were that much of a detriment as they're often claimed to be. Yes, the filler was annoying, and yes, adding Legolas in was a bad idea. But ultimately, it's still a decent movie. The plot wasn't anything groundbreaking, but it still followed the major themes and was fairly engaging in its own right, the effects were good (Excluding the molten gold), and the performances were well done and appealing.

Personally, though, I didn't really like the third movie much. The pacing really was awful; it seemed to spend far too long on slow, dramatic pans of the dwarvern halls which, while they are very impressive and all, do nothing interesting, nor lead into anything interesting. Hunting for the Arkenstone seemed to go on for entirely too long, while once we got to the epic, climactic battle it promptly became the backdrop for a whole lot more nothing, punctuated by some actually pretty decent dialogue and character development and the introduction of the Giant Eagles which felt so rushed I swear it didn't last more than a few frame.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.
Pages: 1 ... 4415 4416 [4417] 4418 4419 ... 11037