Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4395 4396 [4397] 4398 4399 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14492048 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65940 on: December 24, 2014, 07:10:27 am »

The color/outfit matching I can understand in the context of fashion, but why the numbers? There can't be that many variations of an inside-out moose leg.
*does google search*

I stand corrected
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #65941 on: December 24, 2014, 07:13:47 am »

Maybe try paracetamol?
What I have is a mixture of oxycodone and paracetamol, so....I already did.

I also took this while sleep deprived, exhausted from pain, and late at night. You know what I did this past night? No sleeping. This, from a drug who's primary touted side effect is drowsiness.

I was curious as to what the effect of taking this was going to be, but "nothing" was not something I considered.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #65942 on: December 24, 2014, 08:00:03 am »

Overheard at dinner the other night (from a group of college-age white girls):

"So, my mom found out she's half black but she didn't pass the gene on to me."
"Well, thank god for that!"

Thankfully, I didn't actually overhear this, my girlfriend's daughter did and told us as we were getting into the car. Which was good -- otherwise someone would have been wearing the green curry I was eating because LOLFAIL.
White college girls. So much to say about them.

I overheard a group discussing Ugg boots (for those out of the loop, the most stereotypical item of upper-middle-class-girl clothing of the last few years). What color matches which outfit, how many pairs each of them has. Good lord, it was like a South Park parody of the demographic.

So many of the most obnoxious girls I've known in my life have worn Uggs or something similar enough to make no difference, often combined with tights and a sports hoodie. At least it's hilarious on rainy days: their feet will be soaked and freezing while my disgusting, muddy, many-years-old pair of actual boots keep my feet nice and toasty.

I've had one such patron of Uggs and Starbucks get in my face in class because I stated that humans are natural omnivores. The topic moved on before she could say much but I could tell she was pissed that something apparently didn't fit with her world view.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65943 on: December 24, 2014, 08:10:44 am »

Humans are basically built as just about the ultimate survivalist without being fodder. Able to eat a wide variety of food and identify all of it, though we cannot eat carrion or digest grass, and can out walk just about any animal on earth... As well as having a honed direction sense, good discerning eyes, and good ears.

In fact we can eat many foods that are outright poisonous to many other animals and have a vomit reflex along with being mildly unappetizing.

Heck humans might sleep all night, but we naturally awaken in the middle of the night for about an hour. (Humans sleep 8 hours, but in 4 hour shifts with a hour of wakefulness between them)

The "Humans can only survive in the wild because we are so smart" is a myth, we are amazing animals.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:14:47 am by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65944 on: December 24, 2014, 08:21:01 am »

All of our strengths are 'passive' requiring preparation and specialized situations to capitalize them.  We lose the impromptu game.  Our intelligence is the result of our socialization, but it allows us forethought, and that is what makes us survive.

Human strength is our preperation, an emergent property that allows to minimalize chance
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65945 on: December 24, 2014, 08:22:22 am »

All humans are Batman.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65946 on: December 24, 2014, 08:23:20 am »

All of our strengths are 'passive' requiring preparation and specialized situations to capitalize them.  We lose the impromptu game.  Our intelligence is the result of our socialization, but it allows us forethought, and that is what makes us survive.

Human strength is our preperation, an emergent property that allows to minimalize chance

No we have some genuine active ones.

Even an unfit human can outpace a larger animal. We hunted a LOT of animals just by hunting it to exhaustion.

Heck last year some kids killed a moose just by chasing it down until it died. Children outpaced a moose.

And in terms of "In an impromptu situation" we can also climb, walk up and down steep climbs and declines, and are a pack animal.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:30:05 am by Neonivek »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65947 on: December 24, 2014, 08:28:57 am »

Human's biological advantage is IIRC endurance. We're maybe too slow compared to most other animals, but we sure as fuck can walk for a long time.

So, if we ever meet aliens, they'll be most likely not capable of our feats of endurance and will call us "robots".
._.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65948 on: December 24, 2014, 08:33:06 am »

Endurance is just the one where we have no equal.

We have a few other ones, but we are only the grand masters of endurance.

---

Hmm I am watching a Christmas episode of a show where this guy wishes his Sister away with a Christmas Wish.

Just for once, I kind of want this episode to be where... his life is happier and easier without her.

And just choses to wish her back because he loves her and is willing to work things out even though they are tough... and not because she somehow improves his life.

It would certainly make it a lot less selfish then it usually is. (though they always throw in a line at the end about it being more about love and missing them).

Is this a plot anywhere?

... Bonus points to Sabrina the Teenage Witch animated (the earlier cartoon one) for having an episode where she tries to Scrooge one of her enemies to make her more generous on the holidays...

And it just doesn't work because she values materialism too much that she doesn't see an issue with being alone with her possessions (perfectly in character for her).

Sabrina learning that she cannot really use magic to make people change... but after she does a simple act of kindness to her enemy out of the kindness of her heart with no real expectations.

Sure her enemy does change a little, but in this case it was because that little bit of kindness shown to her reminded her of how little there is in her life. So she shares the wealth.

Sometimes you get the atypical story.

---

Saw the end of the episode it wasn't about liking his sister anyway, it was basically "my life is bad without you"

But the wish only backfires because he is such a pathetic loser that he was unable to earn any friends without her in existence.

Goodness would the episode have been different if he had any amount of charm or ability to earn friends.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 08:55:19 am by Neonivek »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65949 on: December 24, 2014, 11:54:59 am »

Hardmode is my standard mode.  :P  most games seem most 'fair' with their balance between PC and NPC power on hard.

VHard is more for challenge, and normal is because Im hung over :P
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #65950 on: December 24, 2014, 02:05:28 pm »

It's also my standard comment in RPGs when blowing all my money on healing potions.
Playing a game in hardcore mode.

'Why you buying ALL THAT FOOD AND ARMOUR!?'
'YOLO'
'O- yeah b- oh for fuck's sake!'

It is innacurate if one isn't playing permadeath, true.

NPCs are dumb. Hard is often the best option in games with nay kind of skill involved.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65951 on: December 24, 2014, 02:50:06 pm »

Humans are basically built as just about the ultimate survivalist without being fodder. Able to eat a wide variety of food and identify all of it, though we cannot eat carrion or digest grass, and can out walk just about any animal on earth... As well as having a honed direction sense, good discerning eyes, and good ears.

In fact we can eat many foods that are outright poisonous to many other animals and have a vomit reflex along with being mildly unappetizing.

Heck humans might sleep all night, but we naturally awaken in the middle of the night for about an hour. (Humans sleep 8 hours, but in 4 hour shifts with a hour of wakefulness between them)

The "Humans can only survive in the wild because we are so smart" is a myth, we are amazing animals.

Plus, we are pretty much terminator-style persistence hunters. Humans are scary.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65952 on: December 24, 2014, 03:00:26 pm »

We're hardly top-of-the-food-chain material without tools and intelligence, though. We can outlast a lion, but a lion can outrun us then proceed to maul us to death.
Hence preparation.
PKs DF Mod!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #65953 on: December 24, 2014, 03:04:04 pm »

a lion can outrun us then proceed to maul us to death.
Speak for yourself. Even naked and unarmed, I'm pretty sure I could still render a hungry lion harmless in a multitude of ways.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65954 on: December 24, 2014, 03:11:50 pm »

Letting the lion eat its fill and fall asleep would render it fairly harmless, I'm thinking. It's a very easy strategy.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin
Pages: 1 ... 4395 4396 [4397] 4398 4399 ... 11037