Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4383 4384 [4385] 4386 4387 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486495 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65760 on: December 20, 2014, 05:56:36 pm »

Seems like my dad's place is held together with tape. Literally, in some aspects.

My dad went to fix some wallpaper that was peeling off of the ceiling. Turns out it was plaster. That was plastered over even more plaster. One of the pipes running through the ceiling has apparently been leaking for years. Someone obviously knew about it, and chose to cover up the leak instead of fixing it.

Meanwhile, the pipes in the basement aren't much better. Sewage has backed up and flooded the basement no less than four times in only a few months. Not very pleasant, and each time it happens it takes at least a couple of days to clean up.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65761 on: December 20, 2014, 05:57:11 pm »

I watch a channel called HuntrBlackLuna pretty regularly. He's pretty good, does a variety of games, good commentary and such.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #65762 on: December 20, 2014, 06:14:31 pm »

If you're into KSP and Sims 3, look up Robbaz. He's a manly viking-chef, and he's hilarious if you can get past the frequent vulgarity. And if you find that vulgarity is your favorite form of comedy, he's perfect for you.

Oh, and he also does Mount & Blade.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65763 on: December 20, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »

I'm fond of TheSw1tcher, otherwise known as the Two Best Friends or Super Best Friends. There's four of them and they play a huge variety of stuff, have ongoing series like Friday Night Fisticuffs, and despite frequent cursing and bouts of stupidity they're actually pretty good at being entertaining. No facecam other than rare exceptions.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Truean

• Bay Watcher
  • Ok.... [sigh] It froze over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #65764 on: December 20, 2014, 08:33:27 pm »

Got another bar  ethics complaint filed against me. It will be tossed out like all the others, but still.

This guy literally thinks I have to represent him for free.... I quoted him about $1000 for a DUI defense (rough estimate, and it could be a little more if he went to trial and it was long, I guarantee there's at minimum at least 8 to 10 hours of work there between repeated court appearance pretrials, obtaining, investigating etc the Intoxilyzer 8000 reports, viewing/analyzing camera footage, and every other damn thing, Plus there's getting the car out of impound/immobilization etc. That's far from a bad price.) I tell him that if he isn't going to pay up front or something then I'm not working for free, cause I've been stiffed more times than I've been paid.

I'm pretty sure it'll be thrown out, but a.) It's insulting, b.) it's a boy who cried wolf. Every horseshit thing that cloggs up that system for what are essentially crybaby crap is another thing the people who investigate real problems have to deal with. There are shitheads out there who need smacked for their bad deeds and misbehavior, and I've had the displeasure of seeing them before and after their punishment for doing so. That said, this kinda shit is a distraction and an unwelcome one....

This is not helping my depression or the lovely headaches from that headwound. Magnificent.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:43:20 pm by Truean »
The kinda human wreckage that you love

Current Spare Time Fiction Project: (C) 2010 http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=63660.0
Disclaimer: I never take cases online for ethical reasons. If you require an attorney; you need to find one licensed to practice in your jurisdiction. Never take anything online as legal advice, because each case is different and one size does not fit all. Wants nothing at all to do with law.

Please don't quote me.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65765 on: December 20, 2014, 09:23:01 pm »

o.o that's a lot of material.  Thanks!

- - - - -

You could tell him to take it without a lawyer and eat whatever mode the prosecutor/judge is in.  I didn't have that kind of money laying around when I got my double-first, and without a lawyer I just qualified to get my license back 6 months ago.

ohh.  Yea I remember that being a thing.  My mistake.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 09:30:05 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65766 on: December 20, 2014, 09:26:51 pm »

... please don't quote true ;_;
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #65767 on: December 20, 2014, 09:33:12 pm »

I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65768 on: December 20, 2014, 09:53:51 pm »

deceasedcrab is kinda cool. IT IS THE NINETIES!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #65769 on: December 20, 2014, 09:55:58 pm »

Why is nobody mentioning our fellow forumite Aavak :o?

Can't say I watch a lot of lets play's though. Sometimes a little KSP but I think those have already been mentioned.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #65770 on: December 20, 2014, 10:14:48 pm »

When the microwave is on the internet cuts out.
Et's play the "quote the relevant xkcd strip" game again.

she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65771 on: December 20, 2014, 10:17:45 pm »

And that, children, is why you always play with a wired connection.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65772 on: December 20, 2014, 10:46:25 pm »

And that, children, is why you always play with a wired connection.
Among many other reasons.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Malt_Hitman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65773 on: December 20, 2014, 11:05:24 pm »

After I got done shopping at the local mall tonight there was a sign on the exit that said “This isn’t goodbye.”  On the way to my car I walked past someone who shouted at me that they knew who I was but then just kept walking like nothing had happened.  When I reached my car and started it up Somebody’s Watching Me was playing on the radio.  For some reason these three coincidental events have given me a strange feeling of unease for the rest of the night.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65774 on: December 21, 2014, 02:18:19 am »

I recently started playing Dominions 4. My first MP game really ended early year 2(each game turn is a month and I play the slower to play MP; PBEM) and we're 3-4 years in and I decided to go back through my After Action Report write-up's earlier turns. It is really detailed for a while but each turn gets slightly more lazy. I get to turn 24 and it is slightly more detailed so I go through it carefully.

I then notice the following line:
Quote from: AAR Turn 24
I also send a murderous but homoerotic message to Vanheim concerning their god (the real question is if the dragon's gender matches those of the souls wailing from the blood fountain, I'd wager unlikely).
That's pretty weird but not enough to really confuse me, but I get curious about the message so I go through the hassle of going back to that turn.

Quote from: The Message
Vanir! Our friends in this most glorious 'war', how is Rupaulsdragonrace? He didn't look so hot last we saw of him (even for a frost dragon). Is he well? If not we hope he gets better soon, as we still haven't repaid him in kind for his little sojourn in Hoburgdorf and the striplings who vandalise our land.
Rupaulsdragonrace, get well soon and return so I might embrace you tenderly. For the last of your days.
--Ash, God of Brilliance

Whhhhhyyy? I like the writing but I spent over an hour on this!?
And I sent this to somebody... without ever getting a response.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:19:59 am by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 4383 4384 [4385] 4386 4387 ... 11037