Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4382 4383 [4384] 4385 4386 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14486508 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65745 on: December 20, 2014, 01:28:25 pm »

my guess is that the shielding is fucked

you should be okay as long as you don't be a daft bastard and stand next to it for three hours with it going full blast

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65746 on: December 20, 2014, 01:33:52 pm »

When the microwave is on the internet cuts out.

Yeah, this happened to me too before I replaced my old microwave. They use very similar bands (2.4 GHz) and if your microwave's shielding is inadequate it can "leak" and interfere with your wi-fi. Even if the shield is faulty though it shouldn't do you any harm, just interfere with wi-fi while it's on. Some newer wi-fi devices use 5 GHz bands instead so changing over will also fix the problem. I've heard you can modify older tech to use a 5 GHz band but I don't know how it's done.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65747 on: December 20, 2014, 01:43:20 pm »

Yeah, this happened to me too before I replaced my old microwave. They use very similar bands (2.4 GHz) and if your microwave's shielding is inadequate it can "leak" and interfere with your wi-fi. Even if the shield is faulty though it shouldn't do you any harm, just interfere with wi-fi while it's on. Some newer wi-fi devices use 5 GHz bands instead so changing over will also fix the problem. I've heard you can modify older tech to use a 5 GHz band but I don't know how it's done.

Yes. 2.4gHz is a convenient frequency for Dielectric heating of water and fats, so microwaves are there. However, the band's not optimal for most industrial telecommunications, which is why it was one of the few open bands available by the time WiFi came out.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65748 on: December 20, 2014, 01:49:33 pm »

Mostly because water is frikking everywhere and the signal of that freq get absorbed really fucking quickly which is why Wi-Fi has such an abysmally short range.
._.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #65749 on: December 20, 2014, 02:55:23 pm »

Yes. 2.4gHz is a convenient frequency for Dielectric heating of water and fats, so microwaves are there. However, the band's not optimal for most industrial telecommunications, which is why it was one of the few open bands available by the time WiFi came out.
So... basically, if wi-fi had a different band, we'd all have way better better connections.

Wonderful.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65750 on: December 20, 2014, 03:01:19 pm »

Youtube is spamming me with 'markitplier' and pewdiepie' adverts.  Make them stop.  Its worse than the MLP adverts I got when I followed too many youtube links from here!

Also, why is it pronounced 'pewdy' instead of pew-die?  damn kids.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65751 on: December 20, 2014, 03:22:51 pm »

So... basically, if wi-fi had a different band, we'd all have way better better connections.

Wonderful.
If wi-fi had a different band, then you would run into a problem of discerning between thousands of wi-fi signals that would be able to reach your reciever at the same time.

There's a reason why usage of different frequencies is strictly regulated.
._.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65752 on: December 20, 2014, 03:28:44 pm »

sergie, that is not a reason for which long range wifi would be bad

you do realize there's a thing called network ids

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #65753 on: December 20, 2014, 03:33:32 pm »

Youtube is spamming me with 'markitplier' and pewdiepie' adverts.  Make them stop.  Its worse than the MLP adverts I got when I followed too many youtube links from here!

Markiplier's decent. Or was decent. Haven't seen any of his recent material, he may be more "pewdiepie-ish" now if he's popular enough to compete with pewdiepie.

Also, get adblock brah.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65754 on: December 20, 2014, 03:39:19 pm »

Markiplier's decent. Or was decent. Haven't seen any of his recent material, he may be more "pewdiepie-ish" now if he's popular enough to compete with pewdiepie.

Also, get adblock brah.

Markiplier is supposed to like puppies? That's literally all I know about him.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #65755 on: December 20, 2014, 03:47:02 pm »

Markiplier is supposed to like puppies? That's literally all I know about him.
He does video game videos with face cams, a la pewds, but with a more deep manly not-pewdiepie voice.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65756 on: December 20, 2014, 03:49:38 pm »

While this is here, does anybody have any recommended watches?  I'm almost out of my own ideas, but don't feel up to brainstorming.  tbh I listen to them more than watch them.  Them being anything from documentaries to LPs.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #65757 on: December 20, 2014, 03:53:14 pm »

Freelance Astronauts are pretty swell and are great background noise. The LParchive has a few great selections when it comes to videos.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65758 on: December 20, 2014, 04:30:09 pm »

Freelance Astronauts are pretty swell and are great background noise. The LParchive has a few great selections when it comes to videos.
coolsauce.  They don't seem bad.
PKs DF Mod!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #65759 on: December 20, 2014, 04:43:26 pm »

X is also pretty decent. His actual YouTube nickname is one I can never remember, just look up "X's adventures in Minecraft". (he was one of the first to do Minecraft LPs)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 ... 4382 4383 [4384] 4385 4386 ... 11037