Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4372 4373 [4374] 4375 4376 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14481647 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65595 on: December 17, 2014, 01:39:07 pm »

I'm sure Canada loves you.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65596 on: December 17, 2014, 01:48:46 pm »

not even canada

with regards, somebody who knows canadians that are not descan

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65597 on: December 17, 2014, 02:00:44 pm »

Yeah, sorry America. I mean, you guys are ok, but you charge us more for your goods and shipping even though we're right next door, and you kinda locked us out at the boarder (pre 9-11 you could cross the Canada-US boarder without a passport, then they decided we were the source of all of the terrorists ever getting in to their country). We don't HATE you, but, well, love is a strong word. Sorry?

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #65598 on: December 17, 2014, 02:07:31 pm »

Won't even ship certain books via online shopping. *grumble*
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #65599 on: December 17, 2014, 02:31:46 pm »

Yeah, sorry America. I mean, you guys are ok, but you charge us more for your goods and shipping even though we're right next door, and you kinda locked us out at the boarder (pre 9-11 you could cross the Canada-US boarder without a passport, then they decided we were the source of all of the terrorists ever getting in to their country). We don't HATE you, but, well, love is a strong word. Sorry?

I had understood that the primary reason the border is more controlled now was that drug smugglers were using it quite freely, not necessarily terrorists. Not a very effective solution, either way, and it is a bummer for everyone else. The smugglers of course, if they ever really existed, would only be slightly hindered and the immense profits of the drug trade justify any possible losses for them anyway.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65600 on: December 17, 2014, 02:39:26 pm »

I had understood that the primary reason the border is more controlled now was that drug smugglers were using it quite freely, not necessarily terrorists. Not a very effective solution, either way, and it is a bummer for everyone else. The smugglers of course, if they ever really existed, would only be slightly hindered and the immense profits of the drug trade justify any possible losses for them anyway.

Nope.
TLDR, was implemented as part of the "Intelligence Reform and Terrorist Prevention" act.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65601 on: December 17, 2014, 03:16:58 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_military_expenditures

The USA spends more billions of dollars on military than China and Russia combined, and doubled! Tripled even! How much money do you need to pump into military spending, and where is all of that cash coming from!? Seriously, even one tenth of that going to public schools would boost education country wide for them. Heck, THERES were your cheaper health care you've always wanted is hiding! You could cut that in half and move it to Hospitals so that your not billed $10 for a single tylenol!

(Not joking about that $10 thing, my aunt now calls my mom everytime her son gets hurt and asks if X is something to go to the hospital over.)

It's actually more than the next 20 highest military spenders combined.

Though the interesting part is that with the bloated military budget occupying the spotlight, people tend to forget or not notice that the portion of the U.S. budget dedicated to mandatory spending and entitlements (Social Security, Medicare + Medicaid, all subsidized healthcare which, broadly speaking, benefits the elderly and few others, along with an assortment of smaller programs) is ~20% of the U.S. GDP and ~60-65% of the total federal budget.

Worse still, because SocSec needs an equal population distribution to function, it's going to collapse once the baby boomers all retire, since the current workforce won't be large enough to support them and the projections of the costs of those programs at that point have actually exceeded government revenues on their own.

We really need a two-pronged attack on the budget, cutting back discretionary spending at the same time that we reform the entitlement system into something that doesn't need a massive spike in the working-age population every fifty years or so to function.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65602 on: December 17, 2014, 03:19:56 pm »

Don't forget about the education credits bubble!

That will certainly bite the next generation in the ass.
._.

NullForceOmega

• Bay Watcher
  • But, really, it's divine. Divinely tiresome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65603 on: December 17, 2014, 03:22:13 pm »

That is, of course, assuming that we don't have a full-bore financial collapse in the next ten years.  The U.S. is in really serious trouble, and noone even wants to address the real problems.  As for the military spending, take a long hard look at all the stupid treaties the U.S. is tied to, and you might understand why.
Grey morality is for people who wish to avoid retribution for misdeeds.

NullForceOmega is an immortal neanderthal who has been an amnesiac for the past 5000 years.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65604 on: December 17, 2014, 04:45:09 pm »

A kobold just two-stabbed a giant to death with an iron two-hander.

I think I need to tone down the power of stabs. Just a tad.
._.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65605 on: December 17, 2014, 04:52:14 pm »

Or stop kobolds from being so big they an summon meteors :P

Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65606 on: December 17, 2014, 04:54:36 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't just a lucky couple of hits? Even a fresh newborn dwarf can cave in a dragon skull if the RNG favors it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65607 on: December 17, 2014, 04:55:42 pm »

Are you sure it wasn't just a lucky couple of hits? Even a fresh newborn dwarf can cave in a dragon skull if the RNG favors it.
kobolds don't naturally wield 2handed weapons.  In fact, the daggers they tout are their equivalent of 2handers.  They are so small, they wield a dagger in two hands.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65608 on: December 17, 2014, 04:59:14 pm »

This speak of the Border reminds me of a Jon Hastings act. Go look his things up, he's fucking hysterical.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65609 on: December 17, 2014, 05:07:29 pm »

Or stop kobolds from being so big they an summon meteors :P
Look, it's considered polite not to mention Penpen's multiracial cousin. The other double P doesn't like the spotlight.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 4372 4373 [4374] 4375 4376 ... 11037