Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4342 4343 [4344] 4345 4346 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480617 times)

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65145 on: December 11, 2014, 05:57:49 pm »

Nazi snipers? Mines? Machine guns? Artillery?

All that can take them out, and if it's a Nuke+ explosion then the entire unit would be wiped out, no?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65146 on: December 11, 2014, 05:58:07 pm »

Do the Nazis have MechaHitler, stupid jetpacks, and the Flammenwerfer?
Nope.  Good old fashioned superiority complexes and efficiency.  Maybe the flamethrower.

Human preparation beats magic.  Which is interesting because magic is the fantasy equivalent of preparation, if I remember D&D rules correctly.
*snorts* The fight was between Nazi Germany and freaking NIRN. The Redguards alone stomp. They have 100 man units of blademasters. Who, for reference, are each good enough with a blade to cause Nuke+ explosions with each strike.

Oh god, I forgot about the sword move so awesome it can SPLIT ATOMS. Although that is exactly as horrible an idea as it sounds, since you have to be right next to the nuclear explosion.
Even better, they survive that move regularly. That says volumes about their durability.

All that can take them out, and if it's a Nuke+ explosion then the entire unit would be wiped out, no?
Nope. They survive the explosions. Given Nuke+ explosions are surviveable, I doubt snipers and suchlike do shit. Think of it as a unit of Raiden's. That should help.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:59:51 pm by ArchAIngel »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65147 on: December 11, 2014, 05:58:21 pm »

Oh god, I forgot about the sword move so awesome it can SPLIT ATOMS. Although that is exactly as horrible an idea as it sounds, since you have to be right next to the nuclear explosion.
And that's why Sol Invictus invented dodge charms.

Note: I don't actually know if the Exalted Sun invented dodge charms, but whatever.

Creation vs NIRN would probably be pretty interesting. Something for the crossover thread, methinks. Could throw in the Nazis but at that point outmatched isn't even the right word for it, because that implies they're somehow operating on the same scale of reference.

E: Snipers and tanks can't really do much against things that can retroactively delete hitler's existence, honestly.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #65148 on: December 11, 2014, 06:00:12 pm »

So are fantasy humans human or something more?

Id settle for a compromise between the two, but it doesnt fit to continue to devalue modern machinery just because they're so OP irl.  Swords are obsolete.

Good luck getting into range, Redguard.  Methinks the kitty would outperform you, guerrilla-style.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 06:02:07 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #65149 on: December 11, 2014, 06:00:28 pm »

The knowledge of that was lost when Yokuda blew up due to some idiot using it. It was only used once.

Cyrus the Restless later used it on Vivec, but Talos looked at that and went "nah, that didn't happen" so it didn't and now it's lost forever.

They most certainly do not survive the explosions. It's explicitly a suicide technique.

You're forgetting Numidium, which is a reality-nuke on a larger scale than the Nazis ever dreamed of.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65150 on: December 11, 2014, 06:00:47 pm »

So are fantasy humans human or something more?
Yes.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65151 on: December 11, 2014, 06:01:30 pm »

This. They'll be blown to too many bits for Kagrenac himself to put back together before they're within striking distance.

Note: I don't actually know if the Exalted Sun invented dodge charms, but whatever.

Creation vs NIRN would probably be pretty interesting. Something for the crossover thread, methinks. Could throw in the Nazis but at that point outmatched isn't even the right word for it, because that implies they're somehow operating on the same scale of reference.

E: Snipers and tanks can't really do much against things that can retroactively delete hitler's existence, honestly.

Handwavey retcon devices Metaverse fuckery that ends the conflict in Nirn's favor centuries before it would have begun would have to be excluded, of course.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65152 on: December 11, 2014, 06:02:57 pm »

This. They'll be blown to too many bits for Kagrenac himself to put back together before they're within striking distance.

Handwavey retcon devices Metaverse fuckery that ends the conflict in Nirn's favor would have to be excluded, of course.
Well, in that case of course they lose. You just got rid of Wizards, and all the various heroes the universe tends to pop up. Like the guy who stole starlight. And the Thu'um, which is yelling at reality to make it do what you want.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65153 on: December 11, 2014, 06:03:21 pm »

Invisibility spells + Legions of mages = Invisible armies.
._.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65154 on: December 11, 2014, 06:04:45 pm »

... maybe? Maybe not. I mean, that would be more or less what the siddies work with anyway, so... it's not like Exalted probably couldn't deal with metatextual reality dickery. Punching time to death or whatev' is pretty in line with both Elder Scrolls and Exalted.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65155 on: December 11, 2014, 06:07:35 pm »

Unless they're weightless armies too, they'll still get blown up by minefields.

Well, in that case of course they lose. You just got rid of Wizards, and all the various heroes the universe tends to pop up. Like the guy who stole starlight. And the Thu'um, which is yelling at reality to make it do what you want.

Edited for clarity. I meant things like some Daedric prince deciding Cyrodill should be forested hills instead of jungle, or this:

Cyrus the Restless later used it on Vivec, but Talos looked at that and went "nah, that didn't happen" so it didn't and now it's lost forever.

that really defeat the point of the whole exercise, since Nirn would effectively be able to savescum their way to victory.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65156 on: December 11, 2014, 06:09:44 pm »

Unless they're weightless armies too, they'll still get blown up by minefields.

Edited for clarity. I meant things like some Daedric prince deciding Cyrodill should be forested hills instead of jungle, or this:

that really defeat the point of the whole exercise, since Nirn would effectively be able to savescum their way to victory.
Then since reality-fuckery is allowed now, a thief steals the concept of Nazi. Job done, no more Nazi's. And the savescumming thing is pretty canon.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65157 on: December 11, 2014, 06:15:29 pm »

This thread needs more Putnam. He's a Master with a solid 8 in Elder Scrolls Lore.
._.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #65158 on: December 11, 2014, 06:16:23 pm »

If there were a way to quote this entire thread, I would do so and post it here.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #65159 on: December 11, 2014, 06:34:52 pm »

If there were a way to quote this entire thread, I would do so and post it here.
I feel like the optimal way to do this would be with a link to a webpage that consists of what appears to be a link to the OP, except that each character is a link to a page that does the same thing with the first 1/X posts in the thread, until you reach a base case where there are X posts to the page, in which case each character is a link to a post, where X is the number of characters in the link to the OP.

Sort of a recursive omnilink that would be entirely useless since the posts are already sorted.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 4342 4343 [4344] 4345 4346 ... 11037