Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4341 4342 [4343] 4344 4345 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14480579 times)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #65130 on: December 11, 2014, 05:18:29 pm »

All edge weapons, especially on slash attacks.
The blunt weapons actually have more or less reasonable contact areas.

Not sure what you mean by "scale", though. Elaborate, please?
If all the weapons have these 'ridiculous' surface areas, and larger weapons all have proportionately more, than perhaps its intended.  I would even guess that whatever number you are looking at is a different unit than creature units.

Its clear that blunt weapons operate differently than slashing weapons, so Im not sure how they'd relate.  Likely when slashing gets converted.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65131 on: December 11, 2014, 05:24:00 pm »

A short sword blade edge is apparently 200 times bigger than the surface area of an average human upper body.

It's not a sword, it's a fucking shredder.

There are people who seriously discuss the prospects of battle between Nazi Germany and First age Middle Earth - Tamriel alliance.

There are people who think that Nazi Germany could win that.

wut da fack
Ok... is this occuring in Nazi Germany, or the fantasy realms, or is there some kind of portal between them or something?

Because if Germany is actually physically present in this battle to provide supplies and stuff... yeah, they would win!

ME isn't even a contender because Tolkien made magic in that world rare and special; good from a writing perspective, not going to help orcs and gondorians against submachine guns.

Tamriel is... weird to even discuss, and depends on what you count as canon.  I don't even mean that from a lore perspective.  How big is Tamriel?  Do twenty people live in each city?  A hundred?  Or is actually thousands and the lack of people is just an engine limitation?  How common is magic?  Which portrayal of magic is real, which player uses of magic count as real or not?

Anyway, those games are based on the premise that one person who's skilled at one or two aspects of fantasy adventuring can kill hundreds of adult, armed humanoids in this world.  I think its pretty clear that Nazis would fuck shit up for most of the world, even if some fantasy weirdness did them in at the end.
First age Middle Earth. The one with Morgoth in it. The one with armies of balrogs. The one with Numenor in it.

Nazis have nothing on this level of hax.

I think the Nazis would win. The balrog in Moria was damn near dead after falling as far as it did, so why wouldn't a few shells from a PAK 44 do some damage? And a panzer crew would only laugh if people started shooting arrows and tiny balls of fire moving slowly enough to be dodged at it. Not to mention having things like trucks and aviation to move their own supplies and disrupt the enemy's, which are no doubt being carried by animal teams and wagons. Some of the more dangerous beasties might give them a run for their money, but victory would inevitably be theirs.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #65132 on: December 11, 2014, 05:27:39 pm »

WTF did this thread turn into?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #65133 on: December 11, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »

The future of Nazi-Fantasy war.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #65134 on: December 11, 2014, 05:31:37 pm »

I used scripts from here (made by Urist Da Vinci) which allow me to basically see the actual underlying variables of combat. By using them I can predict, for example, will a weapon cut through something or not. These predictions so far have always been true (except for cases involving ridiculous number, but that's because overflows).

(hell, just look at this post. No mention of any conversion for slashing.)
._.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #65135 on: December 11, 2014, 05:32:56 pm »

Do the Nazis have MechaHitler, stupid jetpacks, and the Flammenwerfer?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65136 on: December 11, 2014, 05:33:45 pm »

I used scripts from here (made by Urist Da Vinci) which allow me to basically see the actual underlying variables of combat. By using them I can predict, for example, will a weapon cut through something or not. These predictions so far have always been true (except for cases involving ridiculous number, but that's because overflows).

(hell, just look at this post. No mention of any conversion for slashing.)
I dont think there is any bug.  But if you do, report it.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65137 on: December 11, 2014, 05:34:49 pm »

Nope.  Good old fashioned superiority complexes and efficiency.  Maybe the flamethrower.

Human preparation beats magic.  Which is interesting because magic is the fantasy equivalent of preparation, if I remember D&D rules correctly.
PKs DF Mod!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65138 on: December 11, 2014, 05:35:02 pm »

This made me go "WTF?" today.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #65139 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:06 pm »

Something like 2 1/2 hour long phone call, working with person on the other end, as well as other people from an involved third party, trying to get a computer system to acknowledge that, yes, I exist and am who I say I am.

Failed.

The existence of enough faces to palm is as existent as invisible pink unicorns. Not even facewindshields encompass the sheer palming of this scenario.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65140 on: December 11, 2014, 05:37:21 pm »

I just hung something sorta- heavy off my pinky, then picked up my phone, and my pinky just kind of spazzed out randomly. It was just a small lock? But my pinky acted like i was trying to lift a boulder.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65141 on: December 11, 2014, 05:39:30 pm »

The shake-and-bake chicken my mom makes for dinner sometimes.

It has a crunchy shell outside, but something in the cooking process turns the chicken inside to a disgusting mush.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #65142 on: December 11, 2014, 05:45:13 pm »

I ran an RtD about something like that once. No, wait, twice. Actually, I'm constantly developing a relevant setting, up to date. Right here in my head.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #65143 on: December 11, 2014, 05:53:09 pm »

Nope.  Good old fashioned superiority complexes and efficiency.  Maybe the flamethrower.

Human preparation beats magic.  Which is interesting because magic is the fantasy equivalent of preparation, if I remember D&D rules correctly.
*snorts* The fight was between Nazi Germany and freaking NIRN. The Redguards alone stomp. They have 100 man units of blademasters. Who, for reference, are each good enough with a blade to cause Nuke+ explosions with each strike. Or a wizard mathematically proves them out of existence. Or a god gets pissed, and destroys the history of Germany. Or a thief steals the concept of Nazi and breaks it. Or the Thu'um does something flat-out bullshit. Nirn stomps RL modern-day earth.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 05:55:56 pm by ArchAIngel »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65144 on: December 11, 2014, 05:55:36 pm »

*snorts* The fight was between Nazi Germany and freaking NIRN. The Redguards alone stomp. They have 100 man units of blademasters. Who, for reference, are each good enough with a blade to cause Nuke+ explosions with each strike.

Oh god, I forgot about the sword move so awesome it can SPLIT ATOMS. Although that is exactly as horrible an idea as it sounds, since you have to be right next to the nuclear explosion.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 4341 4342 [4343] 4344 4345 ... 11037