Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4313 4314 [4315] 4316 4317 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14475820 times)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64710 on: December 08, 2014, 12:13:02 am »

there are threads in the upper boards which are unironically shittier than whatever shitposting we whip up here

that's pretty amazing
sauce?
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64711 on: December 08, 2014, 12:26:23 am »

there are threads in the upper boards which are unironically shittier than whatever shitposting we whip up here

that's pretty amazing
sauce?
Carbonara.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64712 on: December 08, 2014, 12:40:11 am »

I can see why it's in the wtf thread; white blood isn't even a thing. Mammals all bleed red, so far as I know; crustaceans bleed blue, and there are probably all sorts of lower-order animals with circulatory fluids in various wacky colors or even clear. White, though? I don't buy it.
Pus might count as white bloods.
Ohyou xD

Still, can't get how racism...is. Seems a ton of a belief from a really ancient (and underdeveloped) mind.
I mean, melanin. It's just. Melanin. -_-
It's probably because bias towards one's own phenotypical features was selected for by evolution (since it helps pass on genes that are similar to those of oneself). Granted, that kind of behavior should be neutralized in the environment of modern society and isn't too rational, but then again, not much about our species is rational.

Honestly I'd be more inclined to attribute it to in-group dynamics rather than an element of natural selection; in pre-modern society skin color was one of the most obvious signs of otherness, alongside hair type and color, facial structure, and language. Racist caricatures are literally those same "other" traits magnified and carried forward in time. Same deal as the etymology of 'barbarian'. The sort of reproductive trends we see in mate-selection are pretty much all oriented around perceived desirability, yes, but largely in terms of fitness as a mate, not as a member of an in-group. The latter is just social programming.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #64713 on: December 08, 2014, 12:43:54 am »

that's pretty amazing
sauce?
There's a modding thread that almost descended into flames concerning transgender dwarves and the fact that DF doesn't model gender.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64715 on: December 08, 2014, 01:35:51 am »

I can see why it's in the wtf thread; white blood isn't even a thing. Mammals all bleed red, so far as I know; crustaceans bleed blue, and there are probably all sorts of lower-order animals with circulatory fluids in various wacky colors or even clear. White, though? I don't buy it.
Pus might count as white bloods.
Ohyou xD

Still, can't get how racism...is. Seems a ton of a belief from a really ancient (and underdeveloped) mind.
I mean, melanin. It's just. Melanin. -_-
It's probably because bias towards one's own phenotypical features was selected for by evolution (since it helps pass on genes that are similar to those of oneself). Granted, that kind of behavior should be neutralized in the environment of modern society and isn't too rational, but then again, not much about our species is rational.

Honestly I'd be more inclined to attribute it to in-group dynamics rather than an element of natural selection;

It definitely is due to those dynamics, yes. My point was that it is something that humans have some evolutionary disposition towards but has been mostly suppressed by modern society except in certain cases.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64716 on: December 08, 2014, 04:24:04 am »

Is it wrong that Wizardry101 is still my favorite MMO? Yet I never ever subscribe.

Why Wizardry Why? Your for Children through and through... but that premise... so addictive.

Also I find it weird that my talents in games are always contrary to what I go for. In Wizardry101 the character I ended up being good with was Fire which is purely offensive, something I never go for.

Yet Slow and Strong or Fast and Strong are both my best playstyles in all the games I play.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 04:43:19 am by Neonivek »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #64717 on: December 08, 2014, 04:47:04 am »

Man, that thing was awesome. I made something like 8 characters on it. Too bad it required subscriptions.
I liked Shock the best, though. ATTACK MY MINIONS ATTACK AHAHHA
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64718 on: December 08, 2014, 04:48:58 am »

Man, that thing was awesome. I made something like 8 characters on it. Too bad it required subscriptions.
I liked Shock the best, though. ATTACK MY MINIONS ATTACK AHAHHA

My subschool was Dark. A way to heal while doing damage seemed to be right up my style. Especially since Myth (the actual school I think you took) doesn't give minions when you subschool it.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64719 on: December 08, 2014, 04:50:40 am »

Nah, I just remember Shock being the most focused on attack while Fire was more damage over time based.
I think I went life for a sub school because I was such a glass cannon.
Sig! Onol

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64720 on: December 08, 2014, 05:00:00 am »

Nah, I just remember Shock being the most focused on attack while Fire was more damage over time based.
I think I went life for a sub school because I was such a glass cannon.

Shock is high risk high reward. So most of its spells have a high miss chance but by far do the most damage.

While fire indeed is damage over time. Lots of damage but not right away. It can make the early game tough because you will be taking a lot of attrition because your based off of winning any game of attrition.

Myth is also damage heavy but it is between minions and high cost spells.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64721 on: December 08, 2014, 05:08:58 am »

I need to play that more, it was fun. I remember grinding up to level 20 or something on one of my characters and going around in the kiddie PVP areas and curbstomping everyone.
Hehehehehe
Sig! Onol

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64722 on: December 08, 2014, 06:35:42 am »

I'm in a half-finished Frankenstein's monster of house in the furthest reaches of one of the especially-crummy states of Australia. What is going on.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64723 on: December 08, 2014, 07:33:11 am »

I am always astonished that no matter how bad something is at the time... There is always this self-awareness that exists.

Or to be less vague.

No matter what the rules of fashion, gender, or nobility that exists in any time period. There is always this undercurrent of "Is this really what we should be doing?" Even "Taming of the Shrew" was disliked in its own time period (and still is today). As well the sort of "accepted racism" people bring up for any time period is often not as accepted as one might think (or at least counter thought was widespread).

I am not sure if I should be happy that no matter how crazy things got people weren't completely suckered in... or sad that even though people knew better, they felt helpless to change what they say infront of them.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #64724 on: December 08, 2014, 11:27:34 am »

I'm in a half-finished Frankenstein's monster of house in the furthest reaches of one of the especially-crummy states of Australia. What is going on.
You're a Top Ender now?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.
Pages: 1 ... 4313 4314 [4315] 4316 4317 ... 11037