Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4302 4303 [4304] 4305 4306 ... 11037

Author Topic: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O  (Read 14482796 times)

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you go "WTF?" today o_O
« Reply #64545 on: December 05, 2014, 05:51:37 pm »

On a scale of 1-to-extremely, how offensive would it be to make a joke about looking in Eastern Europe?

I mean, granted, it'd be second-hand offense because you're Dutch.
If you want some slaves from Eastern Europe, you can always ask the Chechens in particular and the Caucasus peoples in general, chances are, they will have some around that they can sell you for a negotiable price. Ukrainians are also a nice choice, with all the bad stuff happening right now in their country you most likely can illegaly import a couple of the poorer ones into wherever you live and then take their passports away and force them to work for you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #64546 on: December 05, 2014, 05:53:26 pm »

You almost can't tell you're Russian :)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64547 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:03 pm »

Dollars to rubles that that'd still be preferable to the Netherlands given that that would probably necessitate crossing Germany, which has connotations about as positive as a Japanese medical research center opening in the PRC.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64548 on: December 05, 2014, 05:56:32 pm »

Can't tell if I'm feeling nauseous right now, or just hungry. This is strange and disconcerting. 
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64549 on: December 05, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

Can't tell if I'm feeling nauseous right now, or just hungry. This is strange and disconcerting.
The safe option is to not eat and see if it becomes any clearer. If it becomes obvious you were actually hungry, eat, if not, you just saved yourself wasted time and energy trying to eat something you can't keep down.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mustard Elemental

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64550 on: December 05, 2014, 06:43:24 pm »

Can someone explain to me what this "Truth Contest" shit is i keep seeing spammed around youtube? i tried googling it but all i can gather is what seems to be some weird cult declaring the beatles prophets.
The military is all gathered in one huge mass on top of the ramp to the mountaintop, where the entrance is. Apparently they spend their time taking potshots at owls, pushing babies off the ledge, and giggling.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #64551 on: December 05, 2014, 08:11:04 pm »

It could be also they're using the same engine for each game. I imagine few companies are going to write up a new engine every time they have to make a game.

"Fallout 3", "Fallout: New Vegas" and "Oblivion" all have the same feel to their jumping (kind of soft, floaty just as you hit the ground) and the same edge detection for objects like rocks when jumping on them. Of course, I know they use the same engine (Gamebryo) and I saw those similarities while I was playing "Warhammer Online" and "Divinity II".

Edit: I was wrong on one account, "Skyrim" uses the "Creation Engine", created by "Bethesda".

The Creation Engine is just Gamebryo modified just enough for them to use a different name.

Jervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64552 on: December 05, 2014, 08:14:46 pm »

Yup.  Although as a counterpoint, Star Trek: Bridge Commander also uses Gamebryo and doesn't feel like those games.  Of course, the vanilla game isn't all that good, but the mods make it spectacular.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64553 on: December 05, 2014, 08:16:28 pm »

I'm surprised we don't have a thread for "I am bread". I am disappoint.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64554 on: December 05, 2014, 08:18:06 pm »

It could be also they're using the same engine for each game. I imagine few companies are going to write up a new engine every time they have to make a game.

"Fallout 3", "Fallout: New Vegas" and "Oblivion" all have the same feel to their jumping (kind of soft, floaty just as you hit the ground) and the same edge detection for objects like rocks when jumping on them. Of course, I know they use the same engine (Gamebryo) and I saw those similarities while I was playing "Warhammer Online" and "Divinity II".

Edit: I was wrong on one account, "Skyrim" uses the "Creation Engine", created by "Bethesda".
"Dude", you're not writing a "legal brief." You don't need to use that many "quotes".
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64555 on: December 05, 2014, 08:23:18 pm »

"Dude", you're not writing a "legal brief." You don't need to use that many "quotes".
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64556 on: December 05, 2014, 08:27:56 pm »

Why the hell is the Sims 3 a 28 GB download?!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64557 on: December 05, 2014, 08:36:29 pm »

Why the hell is the Sims 3 a 28 GB download?!
Where are you getting it from?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64558 on: December 05, 2014, 08:38:45 pm »

Got it on Steam a while ago, along with all the DLC.  Hadn't really looked at the file size until now.

Wolfkit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64559 on: December 05, 2014, 08:45:44 pm »

all the DLC
Pretty sure that's your problem
You wanna frisk this guy? This guy with the technicolor wonder limbs? The limbs that could probably slap you on several different levels of reality?
Your tabs are just pure chaos, Wolfkit.
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 4302 4303 [4304] 4305 4306 ... 11037